Captive Owl, but which one?

Edit My Images
Yes
Maybe a little narrative about the shot would've helped Paul ?

Although obvious it was a captive bird, it would've stopped any confusion, I do agree though, it should've been posted in the Captive section.

Saying that, its a cracking flight shot with some good detail (y)

OP
S
Name
Lew
Edit My Images
Yes
Well to me Captive bird would suggest in a cage, unable to escape .... this bird was able to fly away if it wanted so may be not captive in the same sense
I asked another question (here ..... https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/wild-or-captive.717565/#post-8811236) and the theory was these deer were wild and not captive, now they cannot (unlike the bird) stray off as far as they like as there is a perimeter fence.....
Food for thought .. or some clarity perhaps before I post me Deer images.

Marc

Mucky Rims, Clean Layout, New Camera
Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
No point arguing. It's a bird so goes in the Bird section (there is no Wild Bird section). We added the Wild/Captive prefix for this reason.

Has anyone actually answered Lew's question?

TheBigYin

Staff member
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Edit My Images
Yes
Food for thought .. or some clarity perhaps before I post me Deer images.
Has anyone actually answered Lew's question?
Does this not clarify the problem?

Maybe a little narrative about the shot would've helped Paul ?
Its not just aimed at you either, we see loads of images posted with just the odd line/ a couple of words.

This is a photography forum for critique, I can't understand why people can't/won't post a little about how the shot was achieved, gear, exif, ect.

And edit again because I should read all posts before I reply :rolleyes::D

It's a bird so goes in the Bird section (there is no Wild Bird section). We added the Wild/Captive prefix for this reason.
I hadn't realised this, I've always thought display birds were posted in the captive section :)

Last edited: