Captive Owl, but which one?

Nice shot, where did you take this?

Maybe a little narrative about the shot would've helped Paul ?

Although obvious it was a captive bird, it would've stopped any confusion, I do agree though, it should've been posted in the Captive section.

Saying that, its a cracking flight shot with some good detail (y)

Well to me Captive bird would suggest in a cage, unable to escape .... this bird was able to fly away if it wanted so may be not captive in the same sense
I asked another question (here ..... https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/wild-or-captive.717565/#post-8811236) and the theory was these deer were wild and not captive, now they cannot (unlike the bird) stray off as far as they like as there is a perimeter fence.....
Food for thought .. or some clarity perhaps before I post me Deer images.

No point arguing. It's a bird so goes in the Bird section (there is no Wild Bird section). We added the Wild/Captive prefix for this reason.

Has anyone actually answered Lew's question?

Food for thought .. or some clarity perhaps before I post me Deer images.

Has anyone actually answered Lew's question?

Does this not clarify the problem?

Maybe a little narrative about the shot would've helped Paul ?

Its not just aimed at you either, we see loads of images posted with just the odd line/ a couple of words.

This is a photography forum for critique, I can't understand why people can't/won't post a little about how the shot was achieved, gear, exif, ect.

And edit again because I should read all posts before I reply :rolleyes::D

It's a bird so goes in the Bird section (there is no Wild Bird section). We added the Wild/Captive prefix for this reason.

I hadn't realised this, I've always thought display birds were posted in the captive section :)

Last edited:
Back