owl pellet - but a cat..?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the semi-feral farm cats brought me a dead sparrow at the morning feed call
then ate it ...ALL except the wings. How do they digest / poop the skull bones and beak...?

got me wondering.........!

My boss, when I worked for a studio in Spain, ate bones and all when served Chicken.
Seemed risky to me.

true - i heard chicken bones can kill a dog

Cooked chicken bones are very brittle so can lead to sharp points when chewed by dogs etc.
Raw bones are softer, that said I would never have fed mine either, but a lot of
people that follow the natural raw food diet seem to and their animals are ok on it

One of the semi-feral farm cats brought me a dead sparrow at the morning feed call
then ate it ...ALL except the wings. How do they digest / poop the skull bones and beak...?

got me wondering.........!
They crunch them up into manageable bits using their back teeth.

Birds have light skeletal structures, and I've known several cats that will chow a whole mouse or vole, occasionally leaving the tail. I think their skeletons are probably comparable?

Birds have light skeletal structures, and I've known several cats that will chow a whole mouse or vole, occasionally leaving the tail. I think their skeletons are probably comparable?

yep seen them shallow a field mouse

Cooked chicken bones are very brittle so can lead to sharp points when chewed by dogs etc.
Raw bones are softer, that said I would never have fed mine either, but a lot of
people that follow the natural raw food diet seem to and their animals are ok on it

Mine love Raw bone...its great for them and keeps their teeth very clean

Back