Owler Tor

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Took a few shots over and around Owler Tor last night. Here's the first (and probably best) one, I'll post more over the next couple of days as I've processed them. Had to clone out a very well dressed gentleman playing a violin on top of the rock, and a remote controlled drone :LOL:

DSC_3752 by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:
An excellent landscape image Snerkler - everything about it is right- colours, exposure, composition - all good. I'm no expert, but it looks just right to me, others may offer more detailed feedback.

Chris

An excellent landscape image Snerkler - everything about it is right- colours, exposure, composition - all good. I'm no expert, but it looks just right to me, others may offer more detailed feedback.

Chris
Thanks very much :)

A well composed and lit shot - heather in full bloom illuminated by the star-burst like setting rays of the sun contrasted by the intensely overcast clouds. (y)

I may well for a bit of fun / drama have left the "well dressed gentleman violinist" in and cloned out what looks like a bit of graffiti ("50"?) on the central rock ;).

A well composed and lit shot - heather in full bloom illuminated by the star-burst like setting rays of the sun contrasted by the intensely overcast clouds. (y)

I may well for a bit of fun / drama have left the "well dressed gentleman violinist" in and cloned out what looks like a bit of graffiti ("50"?) on the central rock ;).
Thanks :) Lol, he was only small in the frame tbh. Very surreal though :LOL:
Thanks for pointing out the '50' I missed that and will certainly go back and clone it.

Closer inspection shows that it isn't a 50 but just natural 'life' on the rock (assuming we're looking at the same thing?) Anyway, now cloned out ;)
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-27%20at%2018.45.27_zpsypa75yf8.png

Here's a link to the shot without the Violinist and drone cloned out. You may need to zoom a bit to see the fiddle ;)
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q673/snerkler/Forum Pics/DSC_3752_zps16amewaq.jpg

Last edited:
The lighting in the first shot is very nice, as is the heather. The sky around the sunburst is slightly overexposed for my liking but that's just me!

I also like number 4 of the next set of postings.

The lighting in the first shot is very nice, as is the heather. The sky around the sunburst is slightly overexposed for my liking but that's just me!

I also like number 4 of the next set of postings.
Thanks. I struggled not to get a slightly blown area. That had a 0.9 hard edge ND grad filter and was also deliberately underexposed (knowing I could bring back the foreground with the D750) yet it was still slightly blown. TBH though it was more so with the naked eye so I was pretty happy with that ;)

Thanks. I struggled not to get a slightly blown area. That had a 0.9 hard edge ND grad filter and was also deliberately underexposed (knowing I could bring back the foreground with the D750) yet it was still slightly blown. TBH though it was more so with the naked eye so I was pretty happy with that ;)
True, I know your thinking - too much detail around that sun and it'd look false & HDR, it a fine balance eh. But it's a great shot so I can't argue!

Liking this, colours are spot on and the sunset gives it a warm feeling,. Would have been interested in seeing the chap playing the violin image.
Not sure where this is but it does look very much like a place close to Padley Gorge in Derbyshire but cannot remember the name I visited.

Liking this, colours are spot on and the sunset gives it a warm feeling,. Would have been interested in seeing the chap playing the violin image.
Not sure where this is but it does look very much like a place close to Padley Gorge in Derbyshire but cannot remember the name I visited.
Thanks. For the location, the clue is in the title ;) :p If you were to do a 180 degree turn you would see padley gorge, in fact I believe you can see it in 5 :) I've posted a link in post 7 to the shot with the violinist and drone, bit of an anticlimax though ;)

Back