weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

I like that, the low pov really gives a sense of an imposing structure and the subtle colours give a sense of grimness.

Thanks - I was tempted by mono but think the muted colours work better

Wild - A good fun take on the theme I like it.
Wild - A good fun take on the theme I like it.
Broken - Very nicely composed and processed.

Cheers :)

Great image for broken Dave, well framed and good detail, we have the same as you along the road, Washington F Pit, there are not many left now.

Thanks - if that’s Washington in the NE I’ve probably been. I studied mining surveying at Ashington.

Great composition, well framed shot.

cheers :)

I love this kind of frame in a shot photo - and this is really nice. Lovely muted tones - this would make a great print!

Thanks - I think the museum may end up with a print :)

Thanks - if that’s Washington in the NE I’ve probably been. I studied mining surveying at Ashington.
It certainly is Washington, Tyne & Wear, funny enough I worked for the NCB myself and worked at Ashington, as well as Bates Pit down in Blyth, many moons ago though.

Superb shot for broken, that is really nice. :)

I really like that Dave. Nicely framed and processed. A reminder of how the the landscape uesd to be around where I live.

I really like that Dave. Nicely framed and processed. A reminder of how the the landscape uesd to be around where I live.

Thanks Pete. Mining certainly left its mark on our landscape here. A lot of it now reclaimed and beautiful again :)

Week 8 : Ability

Bus driving ability in the Lake District

49580976122_f760c87215_b.jpg

That is a cracker of a shot, love the composition and the contrasts.

That's a great shot - moody sky and the bus makes a good contrast. Totally agree about the ability... they drive buses on roads that would make an average car driver nervous.

A great splash of colour from the bus against a dark and moody background, looks like a dismal day in the Lakes.

Nicely done. I certainly wouldn't want to drive a bus up there. As has been said, nice splash of colour against the drab, muted colours of the vegetation and sky.

Great contrast, clearly showing the challenge ahead although experienced drivers probably take it in their stride. I always think I take up all the road when driving a car, trying to imagine a bus being in charge of a bus doesn’t bear thinking about!!

That's a cracking stark backdrop against the orange bus!

I think he was lost.

Cracking Photo there Dave for the resons already stated.

Pete

There's definitely a road/vehicle mismatch there... Nice pop of colour against the February sky.

That is a cracker of a shot, love the composition and the contrasts.

cheers :)

That's a great shot - moody sky and the bus makes a good contrast. Totally agree about the ability... they drive buses on roads that would make an average car driver nervous.
Thanks Helen :)

A great splash of colour from the bus against a dark and moody background, looks like a dismal day in the Lakes.
Cheers - it was a dismal week - it never stopped raining!

Well the driver has some great ability to drive a bus round the twisty road, great shot and love the pop of the bus against the cracking BG.
Thanks Dave :)

Nicely done. I certainly wouldn't want to drive a bus up there. As has been said, nice splash of colour against the drab, muted colours of the vegetation and sky.

Thank you :)

Great contrast, clearly showing the challenge ahead although experienced drivers probably take it in their stride. I always think I take up all the road when driving a car, trying to imagine a bus being in charge of a bus doesn’t bear thinking about!!
Thanks Stuart :)

That's a cracking stark backdrop against the orange bus!
Cheers - it was all about that background :)

Love the orange against the darker landscape and the road disappearing into the distance, and the bus is in just the right spot. I admire anyone that has the ability to drive a bus or a lorry. That would be my nightmare job.

Nice spot for ability, I wouldn't fancy that after its been snowing! :)

Ability - really like this great composition the bus really stands out from the scenery

Very nice Dave. I like the composition and the colour of the bus stands out well.
Great shot with composition and colours
Nice picture i like the road going off up the hill, I've been on a few of those mad bus journeys in Austria and Italy.
Love the orange against the darker landscape and the road disappearing into the distance, and the bus is in just the right spot. I admire anyone that has the ability to drive a bus or a lorry. That would be my nightmare job.
Nice spot for ability, I wouldn't fancy that after its been snowing! :)
Ability - really like this great composition the bus really stands out from the scenery

Thanks all for the kind words :)

Week 9 : Winter (and tech)

Low WINTER Sun in the town centre this afternoon.

i-SdTj9jg.jpg

That certainly works Dave, nicely thought out and captured.

Really nice image, perfect for the theme and tech. I like the framing of the 2 main subjects and the use of the drain gully as a leading line. Works very well in mono too.

Nice wintery street and perfect for technique

Cheers Clive :)

Very atmospheric wintery street scene very nicely done

Lovely backlight. Great for theme and tech.

Thanks Helen.

That certainly works Dave, nicely thought out and captured.

Cheers :)

Really nice image, perfect for the theme and tech. I like the framing of the 2 main subjects and the use of the drain gully as a leading line. Works very well in mono too.

Very nice - the silhouette is great, and the highlights on the fur collar/hood makes the winter theme!

Ta - the highlights are what I was aiming for ;)

Really good shot, love the contrast in this

Thank you ;)

I love wintery street silhouettes... nicely framed and great shadows!

Back