weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Ability - as others have said the Bus really pops against the dreary back ground, I wouldn't want that job.
Winter - that does have a cold damp feel about it and I like the shadows

Week 10 : Depict a book

A three hour round trip today to get this but hey - any excuse for a train pic :D

Oakworth Station on the Keighley & Worth Vally Railway. As used in the film of the book "The Railway Children"

Oakworth Station by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot Dave, fits the theme very well.

A stunning picture, looks like it could be on the front cover of a book.

Railway Children is the very first thing that came to me when I saw your image but I can't spot any children about then I thought its all these H&S thingies nowadays. Like the composition with enough space for the train to move in. Good colour tone too.
I have done the same as you, drove 100's of miles just for a photo to fit the theme.
A4LjIvz.gif

Great picture Dave, as aways. Love the colours and the clouds, well worth the journey

Pete

Very nice Dave, nice moody sky too.

Beautiful picture Dave. Looks like it was worth the trip.

Thanks Clive - sure was :)

Great shot Dave, fits the theme very well.

Cheers :)

Definitely worth the trip - that's lovely.

Lovely image Dave.

Thank you :)

Great image and bang on for the theme.

Cheers Dave :)

A stunning picture, looks like it could be on the front cover of a book.

Ta ;)

Railway Children is the very first thing that came to me when I saw your image but I can't spot any children about then I thought its all these H&S thingies nowadays. Like the composition with enough space for the train to move in. Good colour tone too.
I have done the same as you, drove 100's of miles just for a photo to fit the theme.
A4LjIvz.gif

Thanks - Yes - the orange hi-vis were abundant and took some avoiding!

Great shot!! I thought Murder on the Orient Express!!

Great picture Dave, as aways. Love the colours and the clouds, well worth the journey

Pete

Cheers Pete :)

Very nice Dave, nice moody sky too.

Ta muchly :)

Nice shot for depict a book, not too far from where I live so I've seen the station many times

Nice shot for depict a book, not too far from where I live so I've seen the station many times

2MT and possibly a Std 5 ?
A lovely shot of a couple of beasties :)

Cheers :)

Yes a 2MT - and behind is Jubilee Class No45596 "Bahamas" :)

Lovely image and good for the theme. great colours that really make it pop.

Book - great shot could do with a couple of children in view for the chosen book but I like it anyway

Nice picture of a train, well worth the three hour round trip!

Last edited:
Hi Dave, nice composition for transport, the tower looks good against the sky. Is that a Blackpool tram? I always imagined that they were a bit like a double decker bus!

Hi Dave, nice composition for transport, the tower looks good against the sky. Is that a Blackpool tram? I always imagined that they were a bit like a double decker bus!

Thanks Clive

The old Trams were mostly double decker - but the new ones seem to be like this one. I'd hoped to get one of the "Heritage Trams" in this same spot but alas, it seems they only run at weekends at this time of year.

Nicely done, looks almost liek a summers day! Great for the theme and the composition is really nice.

Transport - A heritage tram would have been nice to see but the modern one works and the tower makes a grea background

I like the composition with the whole of the tower in. Works nicely with the blue sky too. Bang on theme.

Spot in composition and suits the theme.

A very nice composition there Dave. Nicely processed too.

Although the colour of the sky seems it bit weird, it's only been grey here in a very long time :(

Back