weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Looking forward to year 3 :banana::woot::banana:

Here we go with Week 1

Sunrise from the car park at work. First day back :(

i-Km5NqKh.jpg

Loving the starburst. You must have waited a while to get that just at the right moment.
Good job it wasn't cloudy (for once).
I also like how the colour is reflected in the office block opposite and I can't see any steam anywhere !!!

Nice sunrise shot Dave even liking the bit of flare too.

Thanks Dave - flare is a cool thing :)

Loving the starburst. You must have waited a while to get that just at the right moment.
Good job it wasn't cloudy (for once).
I also like how the colour is reflected in the office block opposite and I can't see any steam anywhere !!!

Cheers Tim. The West Coast Main Line is in this shot as it passes pipes frm the old gasworks, so you do get steam from here :)

Lovely shot and exposure there Dave, I like that very much. Great start :)

Lovely shot Dave. I like the light and the starburst. Almost makes up for having to go back to work!

Lovely shot and exposure there Dave, I like that very much. Great start :)

Cheers Rick

Great shot with flare, and warm glow on building opposite to balance it out

I echo Donna's comments - the stand-out features are the starburst and the light on the building and they balance perfectly.

Thanks - could be a Sunburst. But I guess the Sun IS a star ;)

Lovely shot Dave. I like the light and the starburst. Almost makes up for having to go back to work!

Thanks.... almost :(

Nice kick off to your challenge. As others have mentioned, the starburst makes the shot!!

Cheers Rob :)

I like the star burst lovely glow to the sky too.

I suppose if there's anything good about going back to work after a break, then getting a short for the theme was it.
It's a good sun up shot, with a nice starburst.

Just goes to show it might be worth working after all... well done for getting an interesting shot from your everyday perspective.

Really like your take on Local Interest Dave lovely sunrise with a great star burst. I really like the view form up high.

Nice light sparkle Dave, going back to work isnt fun is it!

Ta.

Oh yes I was exctatic.

That is a great image Dave!!(y)
The light is perfect on the RH building, and I really like the sun/starburst too.
Nice flare too...adds a nice touch of...flair!:coat:

Cheers Gareth :)

I like the star burst lovely glow to the sky too.

Ta :)

I suppose if there's anything good about going back to work after a break, then getting a short for the theme was it.
It's a good sun up shot, with a nice starburst.

Just goes to show it might be worth working after all... well done for getting an interesting shot from your everyday perspective.

Cheers - it wasn't planned. I got out of the car and thought.. "Oooooooh that'll do it :)"

Really like your take on Local Interest Dave lovely sunrise with a great star burst. I really like the view form up high.

Not a location I would have chosen but hey ho - it worked :)

Great sunrise picture and great reflection of the light on the block on the right!

Week 2 : Pleasure

I like a wee dram I do :)

Slàinte!

i-8jKLrjH.jpg

Last edited:
Love it...................................................................................................................................... and the pictures not bad either!;)

Love it...................................................................................................................................... and the pictures not bad either!;)

Cheers :)

What a lovely pleasure shot Dave and tasty too, great colours.

Warm colours of the table and Whisky contrast nicely with the blue of the background.
My only question would be would it be worth straightening the verticals?

Ta - no I like a slight converging vertical when looking up at a subject. It's how our eyes work :)

Hi Dave,

Nice shot to kick off your 52 and it looks like a nice start for the first day back to work. Loving the rays and the nice warm colour.
Good shot for pleasure too. I am rather partial too but favour a little something from Speyside usually. Dalwhinnie being very much a favourite :)

Hi Dave,

Nice shot to kick off your 52 and it looks like a nice start for the first day back to work. Loving the rays and the nice warm colour.
Good shot for pleasure too. I am rather partial too but favour a little something from Speyside usually. Dalwhinnie being very much a favourite :)

Thanks. Dalwhinnie is a Highland - in fact the highest! Not opened that one yet!

I like all regions but always drift back to Islay :)

Nicely presented Dave (y)

But I never understood the fascination for the stuff TBH.
Yes I have tried a few, inc. Some very expensive ones, they all the same to me,
one step up from Diesel :D

Nicely presented Dave (y)

But I never understood the fascination for the stuff TBH.
Yes I have tried a few, inc. Some very expensive ones, they all the same to me,
one step up from Diesel :D

Ta!

How much diesel did you try for the comparrison? :)

Really terrific image Dave!:clap:
Wonderful, warm colours compliment the wonderful, warm subject!
Though I have to say, I'm with @Cobra in that I've never really understood the whole 'whiskey' thing!
That said, it's a smashing image, and a fine fit for the theme!(y)

Like @Cobra don't like the stuff myself but each to their own, it brings you pleasure so it works.

Back