weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

More than one
A really nice photo, I like all of the blades making a chaotic look.

Music
I like the pov and the b&w.

Colourful
Very colourful and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

It will be interesting to look back on those shots and remember a very bizarre VE day. We had lots of bunting but not as many people out and about. Good one.

Very colourful - and a great record of the times we're in.

More than one
A really nice photo, I like all of the blades making a chaotic look.
Music
I like the pov and the b&w.

Ta :)

Colourful
Very colourful and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

Ta again :)

It will be interesting to look back on those shots and remember a very bizarre VE day. We had lots of bunting but not as many people out and about. Good one.

Yes - a good exercise in social documentary - thank you.

Week 20 : Something Old

A stone Angel in Birkdale Cemetery near Southport today.

Angelic by Dave Green, on Flickr

That works well Dave. A good all round image for the theme

I hope you didn't blink while taking that shot Dave ;)
123017.jpg

(Not My Image - Image hotlinked from https://www.radiotimes.com/news/201...veals-how-he-came-up-with-the-weeping-angels/)

Last edited:
Very nice Dave. I like the choice of subject and the light works well with the dark background.

Great statue - the creeper is a bit creepy....

Thanks Phil - actually the last time I was there the ivy was in leaf all the way up!

Nice to see you out and about, Dave but disappointed that you didn't use your new toy or was it not arrived! :giggle:

I like the processing and it suits the subject well.

Thanks Stan - I was testing another new toy. A Nikon 70-200mm F/2.8 VRII lens. :)

Reactions: rpn
I'm a sucker for a graveyard photo. Particularly like the creeping foliage round her middle.

I'm a sucker for a graveyard photo. Particularly like the creeping foliage round her middle.

Thanks David - I have a shot somehwre with that ivy in leaf all the way up.

Nicely composed and lovely lighting. The b&w conversion works really well with the texture of the stone. Nice one.

Nicely composed and lovely lighting. The b&w conversion works really well with the texture of the stone. Nice one.

Cheers Helen :)

Great image for Old Dave. Really like the BG is nice and dark as it makes the angel really pop out.

Thanks Lee - yeah this was in full sun so needed something dark behind. Big conifer did the job nicely :)

Back