weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Greta shot for old, nicely captured and bang on theme.

On theme and I see the progression there. Great idea!

Having been playing with photographing glass today with flash, I can see these are nicely lit with no bright reflections. Was it tricky?

Thanks - no flash - just ramped up the ISO to 4000

Nice one Dave I love the detail in the shadows of the glasses on the worktop.

My only criticism would be the right hand side where you can see the wall going below the worktop.

But still a very nicely set up and lit image.

Great idea Dave and like the shadows cast. Not sure about the 9pm though? During lockdown seems to an early start for most people :LOL::LOL:

Nice idea Dave and well taken.

Thanks Pete :)

Nice one Dave I love the detail in the shadows of the glasses on the worktop.

My only criticism would be the right hand side where you can see the wall going below the worktop.

But still a very nicely set up and lit image.

Thanks Mark :)

Great idea Dave and like the shadows cast. Not sure about the 9pm though? During lockdown seems to an early start for most people :LOL::LOL:

Cheers Helen - 9am is an early start for a lot lol.

Liquid
Nice clean shot, with a plain background. Good direction of light and shadows.

Nicely thought through and taken - the shadows are great on this. Take it 9pm wasn't necessarily the first...

Nooo - the times were just for illustration. Not room on the table for them all haha!

Surely beer and whisky are both grain, so no need for the morning alkaseltzer.
it's grain and grape you shouldn't mix.
;)

Yeah that wine does look a bit foamy :p

You really surprise me there, Dave, to shoot alcoholic drinks for the theme. :giggle: Well, I suppose you've to keep up with the standard. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I like your idea and the way it's set up, very clever indeed. (y)

Thanks. I’m just illustrating a concept here - I may not have even consumed those items or several more just like them! :runaway:

Reactions: rpn
Was that beer meant to be cloudy or is it the reason for the medication?

In between the Whiskey and the hangover cure should there be a picture of you slumped over the desk. it’s a nice idea either way

Was that beer meant to be cloudy or is it the reason for the medication?

Yes - it's a cloudy IPS :)

In between the Whiskey and the hangover cure should there be a picture of you slumped over the desk. it’s a nice idea either way

I didn't want to crack your monitor :)

LIQUID - nice concept for liquid. I find the back corner of the table a bit distracting, though. Just me I guess!

Cheers - yes I think if I did it again I'd exclude the corner.

Week 22 : A Household Item

"Shadow Fingers" - my first guitar - bought new in about 1978. Still in use although it could do with re-fretting. Hanging on the wall near our dining room window with the sun coming through the blinds.

Shadow fingers by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Every home should have one, But I don't. I'm about as musical as a cat on heat :D

Nice close up Dave.

I really like the way the lines of the shadow cross over the opposite way of the strings! Wish I could play an instrument!

Lovely light and shadows. I like the depth of field with the out of focus interior - can't help but wonder what it is :) I have my Antoria from 1975 on the wall which has become an ornament since it was superseded.... sorry Antoria.

Old, there is some detail in that, you can almost feel the texture.
Liquid, very nice, I will stick to the 9pm
Household item, great lighting and the close crop works really well.

I really like the way the lines of the shadow cross over the opposite way of the strings! Wish I could play an instrument!

Thanks - that's what drew my eye too.

Lovely light and shadows. I like the depth of field with the out of focus interior - can't help but wonder what it is :) I have my Antoria from 1975 on the wall which has become an ornament since it was superseded.... sorry Antoria.

Cheers - it's an EKO Ranger 6.

Great shot and beautifully taken too Dave, the light hitting it and the shadows make it.

Thanks Dave - it wasn;t set up - I just noticed it and grabbed the X0T4 and 56mm :)

Lovely light and intersecting lines - great composition you have made there!

Old, there is some detail in that, you can almost feel the texture.
Liquid, very nice, I will stick to the 9pm
Household item, great lighting and the close crop works really well.

Thanks for those Clive.

Liquid: Love it. Great idea and a very good photo.

Household Item: Absolutley wonderful. Detail and colours especially.

Household item is well shot, loving the shadows and lighting :)

Back