weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Hi Dave,
Beautiful shot for Flora Dave. Lovely light.
Time is a wonderful shot. I wish I had kept my early cameras.
Snapper's choice is fantastic. A wonderful pose and very nicely processed.
Initial is a nice natural light shot. I hope all is well with you (y)

thanks - 1 week back at home from hospital and a long way to go. Missing my camera so much!

Hi Dave, glad you are on the mend and now back at home.

The Snappers choice is a great photo for the technique and the flowers are really vibrent.

Pete

Snapper's choice, Simply a beautiful, well processed shot

Initial. Amazing Colour and light.

Also, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take it easy!

Snappers choice
Good looking high-key portrait, very engaging.

Initial
Colourful, bright and hopefully cheerful for you.

Great shot Dave! Love the dreamy processing.

Cheers :)

Great flowers Dave - the colours in the blooms are fantastic.

Hope the mending process goes ok.

Thanks - so far so good.

Hi Dave, glad you are on the mend and now back at home.

The Snappers choice is a great photo for the technique and the flowers are really vibrent.

Pete

Cheers Pete

Snapper's choice, Simply a beautiful, well processed shot

Initial. Amazing Colour and light.

Also, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take it easy!

Thanks Bob

Snappers choice
Good looking high-key portrait, very engaging.

Initial
Colourful, bright and hopefully cheerful for you.

Ta :)

Week 17 : More than one

Burbo Bank Wind Farm - Liverpool Bay

35167104564_8524e50c05_o.jpg

What an interesting shot. I’d have thought the turbulence from one would affect the others at that angle. I suppose the compression makes them look closer together than they are.

I like the colours and the simplicity. It reminds me of dancers standing in a line waving their arms.

What an interesting shot. I’d have thought the turbulence from one would affect the others at that angle. I suppose the compression makes them look closer together than they are.

I like the colours and the simplicity. It reminds me of dancers standing in a line waving their arms.
Thanks - yes quite a lot of compression on this.

Weird optical illusion I'm seeing there.
The fact that the turbines in the back go left to right as you go back makes my mind think the front ones should do the same, so that's how I see them looking at the middle.
At the bottom I see them going right to left.
Yet at the top it's obvious they go right, left, middle.

Mind Flocked.

I like the composition and the perspective Dave and the light and blue sky help make them stand out.

Weird optical illusion I'm seeing there.
The fact that the turbines in the back go left to right as you go back makes my mind think the front ones should do the same, so that's how I see them looking at the middle.
At the bottom I see them going right to left.
Yet at the top it's obvious they go right, left, middle.

Mind Flocked.

LOL - Optical delusion :)

Really interesting shot - I really like the illusion of how close they are.

Ta :)

I like the composition and the perspective Dave and the light and blue sky help make them stand out.

Cheers

It works well, Dave. Another fine use of DoF

You cant beat a good ivory tickling

Indeed - especially when she wears headphones :naughty::exit:

It works well, Dave. Another fine use of DoF

Cheers - it's the Fuji 56mm F/1.2 :)

Classy, classic even. B&W really works well for that.
Nice positioning of the ring too, placing it front and centre like that.

Thanks - the ring makes the shot for me. I bought it her when she was 13 :)

Reactions: LC2
More than one.. nicely composed and very clear shot.
Music.. love this one for the PoV.. and it's (excellent) black and white :)

More than one.. nicely composed and very clear shot.
Music.. love this one for the PoV.. and it's (excellent) black and white :)

Thanks Helen :)

I like that you’ve included the hint of music as well as instrument and hands in action. Black and white suits it and the depth of field brings your eye in to what matters.

I love that she’s wearing the ring you bought her when she was 13. She’s not 18 is she? [emoji23] [emoji23]

Well composed, great image.

Cheers Phil :)

I like that you’ve included the hint of music as well as instrument and hands in action. Black and white suits it and the depth of field brings your eye in to what matters.

I love that she’s wearing the ring you bought her when she was 13. She’s not 18 is she? [emoji23] [emoji23]

Thanks - yes I wanted to tell the full story. Music, Instrument, Musician :)

She's 56 :)

More than 1 I like the view, good angle and nice contrast with the blue background.
Music nice tickling of the ivory, I like the focus on the hands with each end oof.

Hi Dave,

Great shot for more than one. I love the compression that a long lens gives. The heat haze adds to the sort of optical illusion that Tim mentioned.
Absolute stunner of an image for music Dave. It really ticks all the boxes for me :clap:Great inclusion of the ring that you got for Mrs Oy. Lovely back story :giggle:

Well tickled - and I think we might have the same piano!

I like the shallow focus on this, and love the ring being in sharp focus. The backstory makes it even better.

More than 1 I like the view, good angle and nice contrast with the blue background.
Music nice tickling of the ivory, I like the focus on the hands with each end oof.

Cheers Clive :)

Hi Dave,

Great shot for more than one. I love the compression that a long lens gives. The heat haze adds to the sort of optical illusion that Tim mentioned.
Absolute stunner of an image for music Dave. It really ticks all the boxes for me :clap:Great inclusion of the ring that you got for Mrs Oy. Lovely back story :giggle:

Well tickled - and I think we might have the same piano!

I like the shallow focus on this, and love the ring being in sharp focus. The backstory makes it even better.

Thank you :)

Really like the angle you've taken this at Dave nice use of DoF and love the mono processing very nicely done.

Nice composition and processing Dave and I like the way you've shown a hint of the sheet music.

MT1: Fantastic Shot and great subject. Positioning spot on.

Music: Wow. Very well composed and generally a great photo.

Great panel of images Dave colourful and very topical you've caught the mood well.

Back