weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Unthinkable that someone should discard a Hula Hoop! I have to ask, was it you? [emoji16]

I like the shallow depth of field and agree the person walking away adds to the abandonment.

Great interpretation of the theme, strange that someone would leave a hula hoop but their loss is your gain, love the reflection too.

Really like this, when I first looked on my phone it did not do much for me, but looking on a big screen it really works, like the composition a lot.

Some evil beast discarded a perfectly good Hula Hoop on Lancaster Station this evening!
WTF were they thinking? a public flogging is far too good for them!

Great use of DoF Dave!

I wondered what it was when I saw it in the main thread - I looked at it for ages trying to work it out, then had to give in and click the link!. Great image, love the use of bokeh and the subject is great, really gets the viewer wondering. And, I like the person walking away.

Great pic on theme, and really like the DoF, and even with a touch of red to draw attention to the person walking away depicting 'discarded' more

Cheers :)

Unthinkable that someone should discard a Hula Hoop! I have to ask, was it you? [emoji16]

I like the shallow depth of field and agree the person walking away adds to the abandonment.

I wish it was - I;d have had the rest of the bag!

Great interpretation of the theme, strange that someone would leave a hula hoop but their loss is your gain, love the reflection too.

Thanks ;)

Really like this, when I first looked on my phone it did not do much for me, but looking on a big screen it really works, like the composition a lot.

Thank you :)

Terrible to leave a hula hoop like that but good for you though.

Indeed - thanks :)

WTF were they thinking? a public flogging is far too good for them!

Great use of DoF Dave!

I know - it was a big one too! Ta :)

Such cruel abandonment.
Works really well with the oof chappie walking away, emphasising the discarding of the hula hoop.
And you got a railway shot in, even though it wasn't a kettle :)

Love the dof on this and that patch of red adds rather than distracts. You resisted the hula hoop then :LOL:

Love this Dave. Great depth of field and the oof figure really adds to the pic.

Well you definitely hit the theme with this post, that poor little hula hoop was alone and discarded by its human. No chance of that happening to my hula hoops because I never miss my mouth :).
I love the way the passer bay’s red hood draws you into the distance and excellent DOF. Thumbs up again from me

Thanks all - much appreciated :)

Great take on the theme Dave made me smile.

Lovely use of DoF just enough the the BG so you know what it is without being distracting.

I thought it might be a hula hoop but was not certain, as others have said the oof person walking away adds to the discarded feel.

Week 5 : Snapper's Choice

I had a good old mooch about Liverpool Waterfront today.

This is the spiral staircase in the Museum of Liverpool. The Historygrammie thingie says I didn't clip either the black or whites - which is always nice :) I'd have liked to get the full spiral in - but at 16mm full frame this was it.

49473712166_d25f66e869_o.jpg

That looks pretty much perfect to me... Spot on and a great photo.

What a shot, nice work :)

Really like this image Dave. Love the juxtaposition between the straight lines and curves. The PP is spot on.

Nice composition :)

Love it, great contrast in there and you've nailed the range from white to dark grey. The composition is also really nice and very comfortable on the eye.

Week 5 : Snapper's Choice

I had a good old mooch about Liverpool Waterfront today.

This is the spiral staircase in the Museum of Liverpool. The Historygrammie thingie says I didn't clip either the black or whites - which is always nice :) I'd have liked to get the full spiral in - but at 16mm full frame this was it.

49473712166_d25f66e869_o.jpg
Really nice. Well done on no clipping. Looks a challenge for that image.

Is this in one of the modern buildings on the waterfront? I must google! I lived (and studied) in Liverpool and some of the old buildings also had fabulous stairwells. The waterfront was not nearly so well developed then. I wish I'd taken photos of all the derelict warehouses.

That looks pretty much perfect to me... Spot on and a great photo.

That`s a cracking image Dave, very nicely taken and loving the dark blacks and white window.

Cheers Dave

What a shot, nice work :)

Thanks Tilz

Really like this image Dave. Love the juxtaposition between the straight lines and curves. The PP is spot on.

Cheers

Great shot, love the beginning leading you into the spiral, really like this.

Thanks - I was tempted to go square but that lead in said otherwise

Nice composition :)

Thanks

Love it, great contrast in there and you've nailed the range from white to dark grey. The composition is also really nice and very comfortable on the eye.

Thank you

Really nice. Well done on no clipping. Looks a challenge for that image.

Is this in one of the modern buildings on the waterfront? I must google! I lived (and studied) in Liverpool and some of the old buildings also had fabulous stairwells. The waterfront was not nearly so well developed then. I wish I'd taken photos of all the derelict warehouses.

Thanks. Yes - It's right on the waterfront between the Three Graces and Albert Dock.

Nice lines and curves Dave.
The contrast looks pretty spot on the me also.

Discarded is a great shot, sacrilege abandoning a Hula Hoop...

Snappers chice is a lovely image, well spotted and executed.

what a waste of a Hula Hoop! Well composed, well lit and I like that orange splash of the person's hood.

Very nice submission for snapper's choice too, I like an abstract photo. Processing works very well.

Nice lines and curves Dave.
The contrast looks pretty spot on the me also.

Cheers Mr Snake :)

Great spiral, nice point of view.(y)

Thanks Clive :)

Discarded is a great shot, sacrilege abandoning a Hula Hoop...

Snappers chice is a lovely image, well spotted and executed.

Thanks Rick :)

what a waste of a Hula Hoop! Well composed, well lit and I like that orange splash of the person's hood.

Very nice submission for snapper's choice too, I like an abstract photo. Processing works very well.

Than you Bernd :)

Nice, Simple, Well Composed and Well Taken.
The quality we've come to expect from you Dave :)

Cheers Tim :)

Spot on for me Dave lovely curves and a great B&W conversion.

Fanx :)

Top shot so far, really like this image.

Ooh, Dave, your last two images are right up my street! Discarded is superb; all that fantastic bokeh, soft light and a super sharp Hula Hoop (I wondered what it was!) on the foregroumd. As others have already said, the figure apparently walking away gives the very strong impression that the Hula Hoop has been left behind. I wouldn't change a thing about this, I love it :clap:

Snapper's Choice and a wonderful curling staircase - another of my favourite things. The B&W tones show off the interlocking curves and you've done so well to retain the detail in the top window while framing everything in those deep shadows.

Lovely composition Dave and I like the way you've kept all the detail in the different tones.

Top shot so far, really like this image.

Thanks a lot Roger :)

:clap: That's a very impressive shot, Dave. Simple, geometric and creative in a way. Perfect exposure and good view angle. :clap:

Cheers Stan :)

Ooh, Dave, your last two images are right up my street! Discarded is superb; all that fantastic bokeh, soft light and a super sharp Hula Hoop (I wondered what it was!) on the foregroumd. As others have already said, the figure apparently walking away gives the very strong impression that the Hula Hoop has been left behind. I wouldn't change a thing about this, I love it :clap:

Snapper's Choice and a wonderful curling staircase - another of my favourite things. The B&W tones show off the interlocking curves and you've done so well to retain the detail in the top window while framing everything in those deep shadows.

Thanks Andrea :)

Back