weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Liquid: Love it. Great idea and a very good photo.

Household Item: Absolutley wonderful. Detail and colours especially.

Thanks David :)

Lovely light and shade, a good composition too.

Cheers Dom :)

Lovely shadow play on the guitar. Like the close-up and slight abstract feel.

Thanks Stan :)

Great stuff; well observed interplay of lighting and shadows.

Cheers Phil - it's all about the shadow fingers playing the strings in my head :)

Household item is well shot, loving the shadows and lighting :)

Ta Rick :)

That's a cracker, I really like the opposing lines that you've created between the shadows and strings. the colour is nice and warm and the close-up that you've got is just right, IMHO.

That's a cracker, I really like the opposing lines that you've created between the shadows and strings. the colour is nice and warm and the close-up that you've got is just right, IMHO.

Thanks Jim :)

Cool study of the way the light falls on the guitar.
Nice use of a close up to focus the eye.

Thanks Tim :)

Just catching up!!

Music - Conveys exactly what you want, the ring catches my eye, can't decide though if in a good or bad way.
Looks a complicated piece of music!

Colourful - "Does exactly what it says on the tin!" Thankfully at least the weather was kind that day
Wonder if the couple in the top right have colour coordinated specially?

Something Old - Love how the light catches the statue, its amazing to think how long ago this much have been made!
Fills the frame nicely with shadows/highlights controlled.

Liquid - Title made me laugh!! The writing on the tall glass makes me want to read it. Nice shapes formed by the edges on the first two glasses.
Hope it didn't go to waste?

A Household Item - Great contrasting lines and shapes, high level of detail with the deterioration on the strings visible.
Could be an album cover.

Just catching up!!

Music - Conveys exactly what you want, the ring catches my eye, can't decide though if in a good or bad way.
Looks a complicated piece of music!

Colourful - "Does exactly what it says on the tin!" Thankfully at least the weather was kind that day
Wonder if the couple in the top right have colour coordinated specially?

Something Old - Love how the light catches the statue, its amazing to think how long ago this much have been made!
Fills the frame nicely with shadows/highlights controlled.

Liquid - Title made me laugh!! The writing on the tall glass makes me want to read it. Nice shapes formed by the edges on the first two glasses.
Hope it didn't go to waste?

A Household Item - Great contrasting lines and shapes, high level of detail with the deterioration on the strings visible.
Could be an album cover.

Thanks for the comments Stuart :)

household item - although not the first thing that comes to my mind as a household item, very nice photo of a guitar. I like the composition and the natural light. And nice touch that the strings overlap with the shadows of the next higher strings (y)

household item - although not the first thing that comes to my mind as a household item, very nice photo of a guitar. I like the composition and the natural light. And nice touch that the strings overlap with the shadows of the next higher strings (y)

Depends on the household I guess. It's one of about a dozen here lol.

Week 23 : Hidden

Male Pheasant hiding in the Rapeseed.

Hiding by Dave Green, on Flickr

Nice capture, where are you from where starlings are Sheppies? I am from Guildford originally and I was bought up calling Wood Lice "Cheesy Bobs" (Google it!) Which is ok until you move and your kids call them Cheesy Bob's in a nature class and get laughed at for several years over it.

Nice capture, where are you from where starlings are Sheppies? I am from Guildford originally and I was bought up calling Wood Lice "Cheesy Bobs" (Google it!) Which is ok until you move and your kids call them Cheesy Bob's in a nature class and get laughed at for several years over it.

I'm in Wigan - sun-trap of the North West lol.

Nicely on theme, you've done well to catch that one, theyr are usually quite flighty (well, the ones round here are anyway).

Such a good idea. It took me a second to spot it (what did I expect from the theme hidden :ROFLMAO:) love the tiny pop of colour!

Well spotted Dave.

Nicely on theme, you've done well to catch that one, theyr are usually quite flighty (well, the ones round here are anyway).

Cheers - he did wing it away after a few noisy Nikon clicks!

Such a good idea. It took me a second to spot it (what did I expect from the theme hidden :ROFLMAO:) love the tiny pop of colour!

Nicely captured! I really like the eye contact that you've got with the pheasant.

Ta - I think it was the third click that he heard me and looked around. He didn’t hang about after that!

Well spotted amount the rapeseed overgrowth, colourful bird and known as Phasie up here in Jockland.

Thanks - I don’t think we have an alternate name here.

Well spotted Dave.

Cheers :)

Good capture.. you have to look closely for him and nice off centre composition.
I live in a shoot location.. we call them lots of things but no much of it is repeatable :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good capture.. you have to look closely for him and nice off centre composition.
I live in a shoot location.. we call them lots of things but no much of it is repeatable :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks Helen :)

Hidden
And that's the problem with pheasants, they hide well, then suddenly, when you're nearly standing on top of them, they fly up and scare the s**t out of you.
Well captured by the way.

Hidden
And that's the problem with pheasants, they hide well, then suddenly, when you're nearly standing on top of them, they fly up and scare the s**t out of you.
Well captured by the way.

They sure do! Thanks :)

Week 24 : Small & Tech

A tree stump deep in the woods, lit up by a small ray of light.

Stumped by Dave Green, on Flickr

Nice shoe horn Dave I was wondering how you would get a tree stump into small :D

Nicely lit by the small patch of sunlight but I am intrigued what it looked like in colour

Back