weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Nice shot, and I agree on the pleasure side of some nice Whisky... :)

Nice composition I like the well lit Lagavulin...a lot.

Ta :) The whisky in tyhe glass is the same one - just at a different angle to the flash!

Great image and love the colours

A lot of pleasure in them there bottles!!!

Sure is! Cheers!

Really terrific image Dave!:clap:
Wonderful, warm colours compliment the wonderful, warm subject!
Though I have to say, I'm with @Cobra in that I've never really understood the whole 'whiskey' thing!
That said, it's a smashing image, and a fine fit for the theme!(y)

Thanks Gareth - more for us then :)

Like @Cobra don't like the stuff myself but each to their own, it brings you pleasure so it works.

Ta - It does it does :)

Nice shot, and I agree on the pleasure side of some nice Whisky... :)

Thanks you Rick :)

A good collection of whisky, Dave. The Glencairn looks a bit lost amount all the bottles.

Cheers - it has some pals in the cupboard :)

Hi Dave, couple of great images. I’d would of just concentrated on one bottle and glass as makes image a bit busy. That’s just my personal choice though [emoji16]

Yeah maybe - but I did a couple of those last year :)

Good job, you've either got a lot to drink or you've had a lot to drink.

Hi Dave, that's a nicely arranged and lit collection of items, and I like the contrast between the (almost) black and white packaging and the warm tones of the whisky and the tabletop (y)

Cheers Andrea ;)

Week 3 : Tools and Tech

Tools of the trade (Sunset this evening on Farleton Fell)

i-3vS2pzt.jpg

Really nice - I absolutely love the view mirrored on the camera's screen. A great sunset on its own, made better by the silhouette.

Fabulous sky and nicely silhouetted. The image on the back is a nice touch.

I’m thinking this must be a phone pic which is impressive that it copes with such lighting.

Clever idea very well executed.

Very nice Dave.
Bang on Theme(s) too.

Really nice - I absolutely love the view mirrored on the camera's screen. A great sunset on its own, made better by the silhouette.

Fabulous sky and nicely silhouetted. The image on the back is a nice touch.

I’m thinking this must be a phone pic which is impressive that it copes with such lighting.

Ta :)

No - taken with my Fuji X-Pro2 and 50-140mm :)

Great colours in this great image Dave, good that your camera was on too.

Cheers Dave :)

Clever idea very well executed.

Very nice Dave.
Bang on Theme(s) too.

Cheers :)

Nice oranges captured there Dave. Well planned and I think you got (waited for) exactly the light you envisaged there.

Ta - worked out ok :)

Another good shot there. Great silhouette of the camera and lovely sky.

Goodness Dave!
That is superb!
Very creative use of your 'tools of the trade' and maintaining the same colours in both the sunset scene and screen is inspired!
It almost looks see-through!

A lovely silhouette rounds off a perfect image!
Exceedingly nice work Dave!:clap:

Snap! I took a similar one on Friday morning but nowhere near as good as yours and not intent for this challenge. Anyway, I can understand why you went out to capture that fabulous sky. Good technique and nice use of depth-of-field.

Cheers Stan :)

Another good shot there. Great silhouette of the camera and lovely sky.

Thanks Dominic ;)

Goodness Dave!
That is superb!
Very creative use of your 'tools of the trade' and maintaining the same colours in both the sunset scene and screen is inspired!
It almost looks see-through!

A lovely silhouette rounds off a perfect image!
Exceedingly nice work Dave!:clap:

Thank you Gareth :)

Great image, I like that the screen is on so you can see that great sunset on it. Great silhouette too.

Beautiful image lovely Silhouette the colours are lovely. I like the compassion too.

pleasure - nice selection of whisky

tool - great idea and very well executed (y)

Good idea and nicely executed. Like the off centre positioning of the camera.

Great image, I like that the screen is on so you can see that great sunset on it. Great silhouette too.

Super image. Clever idea!

Cheers Bob :)

Beautiful image lovely Silhouette the colours are lovely. I like the compassion too.

Fanx ;)

pleasure - nice selection of whisky

tool - great idea and very well executed (y)

Good idea and nicely executed. Like the off centre positioning of the camera.

Ta - I don;t often do "middly" :)

I really like what you've done for tool, and the colours are great too. Nice work

Week 3 : Tools and Tech

Tools of the trade (Sunset this evening on Farleton Fell)

i-3vS2pzt.jpg

Hi Dave,
Sorry I seem to have not posted comments on your photo’s for some reason.
I love your silhouette sunset, the way the camera and tripod are in focus and yet the background is a a stunning sunset and a blaze of colour.

Slainte! I loved the way all the bottles and glass were in focus and t he grain in the table drew you into the central bottle with the liquor of a similar colour, an absolute pleasure.

Sunrise’s from the car park at work is always a better way to start your day. I think the flare on the roof of the opposite building is stunning, and a really dramatic sky just starting it day. I like the way you have got the picture balanced, the foreground isn’t underexposed and the sky not over exposed.
3 weeks of thumbs up from me.

Week 4 : Discarded

Some evil beast discarded a perfectly good Hula Hoop on Lancaster Station this evening!

Fuji X100F at silly ISO6400

i-fw2N8kK.jpg

I wondered what it was when I saw it in the main thread - I looked at it for ages trying to work it out, then had to give in and click the link!. Great image, love the use of bokeh and the subject is great, really gets the viewer wondering. And, I like the person walking away.

Great pic on theme, and really like the DoF, and even with a touch of red to draw attention to the person walking away depicting 'discarded' more

Back