weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Ah its glass! I couldn't work out the background and yet I have a similar glass mat. They do look like they're floating. Lovely composition, depth of field and lighting.

looks good, the natural lighting works very well, the colours are great and the glass surface adds plenty of texture.

Thanks - the lighting is from two spotlights under our kitchen cupboards :)

Tasty cherries - I would have been tempted to move (eat) the 3 in the background.

I did - afterwards :) I think they add depth to the shot. And make two nice triangles along the diagonal :)

I like the composition, they're nicely spaced. Also like the streaky light across the chopping board.

Week 27 : Signs (and tech)

The day the pubs reopened in Manchester. Social Distancing 2m sign juxtaposed with plenty of people not doing.

Fuji X-T4 with 35mm F2 and Acros+R film sim.

Sign of the times by Dave Green, on Flickr

Nice street image Dave.
With people totally ignoring the signs :rolleyes:

It works for me on both counts (y)

MN: Like this a lot. Quite right to like it as it was. Cherries in the background remind me of the "Hold Your Fire" album cover by Rush!

Signs: Captured both subject and technique perfectly. Very good shot.

MN: Like this a lot. Quite right to like it as it was. Cherries in the background remind me of the "Hold Your Fire" album cover by Rush!

Signs: Captured both subject and technique perfectly. Very good shot.

Many thanks :)

Any link to RUSH is a good link in my book :D

Well spotted and captured. Great reportage shot and fits the tech to a tee.

I like that, especially with the eye contact from the littler one - really nice.

Wouldn't want to try that anywhere other than Cambridge though [emoji15]

I really like this Dave, very well executed. Great capture!

I like that, especially with the eye contact from the littler one - really nice.

Wouldn't want to try that anywhere other than Cambridge though [emoji15]

Very nice Dave, it's all been said (y)

The slight motion blur of the BG is excellent very good shot indeed

Back