weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Nice Dave the 2 in the background finish off the picture nicely.

Thanks Clive - I do like a triangular composition :)

Nice composition - really captures the graceful curve of the head.

They don't come a lot more graceful than that Dave.
Nice use of DoF too.

That's a cracker of a shot. The best so far this year. :clap:

:clap:Sharp with plenty of feather details and texture. Good composition and odd numbers always make a stronger image.

Cheers Stan :)

Nice one Dave, similar idea to what I was thinking...and I think it meets the technique requirement as well...

Nice one Dave, similar idea to what I was thinking...and I think it meets the technique requirement as well...

Oooh I think it does! I'll amend the tiotle ta :D

That's a lovely shot, Dave. Very nice monochrome too. Pin sharp on the main subject and enough blur to retain details elsewhere. :clap:

Cheers - noit bad for 1/9" on a boat haha!

That`s a cracking shot and take on theme Dave, love the others all blurred.

Thanks Dave :)

thats a great image for static, really well composed and great use of shutter speed. the mono PP works for it too.

It certainly works well on both counts Dave. Well thought out and nicely taken (y)

Great capture and well spotted. A really good take on the theme.

Super shot for Static, works beautifully.

Graceful - good swan composition
Static - great shot, well observed and taken

Very well captured Dave, I have visited Chester, stayed at the hotel at the race track, lovely city, nice to walk around and plenty of places to people watch.

Very well captured Dave, I have visited Chester, stayed at the hotel at the race track, lovely city, nice to walk around and plenty of places to people watch.

Thanks Clive. Yes Chester is a great place for photography!

Great shot, well executed. I'm always amazed how much movement there is in a scene like this, even at "only" 1/7th.

Week 32 : Patterns

Lovely archways on the Ribblehead viaduct this afternoon as 37521 with 47593 take the Staycation Express from Skipton to Appleby.

The Staycation Express by Dave Green, on Flickr

Static, Marvellous. Was the shot (i.e girl on the bench) posed? Technique and capture are amazing.

Patterns. Lovely. Detail, colour, capture the lot. I love the gradual increase in the size of the shadows!

Static, Marvellous. Was the shot (i.e girl on the bench) posed? Technique and capture are amazing.

Patterns. Lovely. Detail, colour, capture the lot. I love the gradual increase in the size of the shadows!

Thanks - no I was on a boat waiting tio set off down the river in Chester.

That viaduct is always worth a shot :)

Graceful - Ah, the other Swan shot I was told about :) Nicely done young Dave. he has his beady eye on you.
Static - Well that's bloody brilliant. Very fortunate that she was as still as she was for your shot. great movement around her.
Pattern - Great shot of the viaduct and teh pattern of light on the brickwork.
The train seems a little overpowered for 4 mk3s and a mk1

Static
Lovely shot, I don't have anything else too add.

Patterns
Good light and shadow in the arches.

great image, there are certainly plenty of patterns there!

Back