weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

I’m immediately transported into Kill Bill. They look suitably sharp and scary. I like that you’ve chosen to focus on the tip but have given us the wider view for context and B & W suits it.

Crikey! That looks like quite a weapon. I like the angle and point of focus. Mono suits it too.

That looks very sharp! Nicely processed and great dof.

Thanks folks for the comments.

Week 44 : Digital Age & Tech

Here's my owd Mum - 81 years old - doing her shopping online with Sainsbury's. She lives an hour away in Lancaster - which wasn't a problem until Dad got Dementia about 6 Years ago. Then we lost him about a year ago. She's on her own now - moreso in the current situation we're all in. I get up there as often as I can but she rarely sees anyone else. She's doing very well considering the events of the last year. We lost Dad. She had a stroke in February. She nearly lost me to the Covid in April. She's a toughie for sure :)

The Digital Age (Mum) by Dave Green, on Flickr

Lovely photo of a far tougher generation IMO. Nice composition and exposure spot on.

Lovely photo of a far tougher generation IMO. Nice composition and exposure spot on.

Thanks Roger - Yes she was a little girl during the war so remembers tougher times than these!

Lovely photo Dave and great to see your Mum getting stuck in with technology. It's great that she'll be able to keep in close contact with you during this next lockdown. My step mum is currently in a home with dementia. Trying to face time her was really confusing for her, so we stick to the phone now.

I hope you are not still suffering the effects of Covid.

What a lovely image she looks to be a very nice lady indeed! Great to see her embracing the digital age, so many older people are not keen on technology.

A lovely image of a lovely lady who looks bright as a button. I have to say the older generation I know seem to be coping with the pandemic with much more resolve and dignity than most and I'm sure my mum would be the same if she were still here.

Lovely photo Dave and great to see your Mum getting stuck in with technology. It's great that she'll be able to keep in close contact with you during this next lockdown. My step mum is currently in a home with dementia. Trying to face time her was really confusing for her, so we stick to the phone now.

I hope you are not still suffering the effects of Covid.

Thanks - we Facetime everyday which is a Godsend. I'm doing ok - still some lingering problems but it takes about a year to fully recover I'm told.

What a lovely image she looks to be a very nice lady indeed! Great to see her embracing the digital age, so many older people are not keen on technology.

Thanks Jim - we've slowly got her up to speed with digital. It was a necessity after dad died and she's doing ok with it :)

A lovely image of a lovely lady who looks bright as a button. I have to say the older generation I know seem to be coping with the pandemic with much more resolve and dignity than most and I'm sure my mum would be the same if she were still here.

Cheers Helen. Yes she's coping ok - she has her moments but then we all do I think.

Sharp - definitely to the point
Digital age - great portrait for the theme

Wow, amazing to hear the back story and it seems you have all had a rough ride. They are a very resilient generation, I guess being born at the start of a world war would certainly ingrain a lot of mental strength!

Wow, amazing to hear the back story and it seems you have all had a rough ride. They are a very resilient generation, I guess being born at the start of a world war would certainly ingrain a lot of mental strength!

Thanks Graham :)

Nice photo of your Mum embracing the digital age Dave. She seems to be in good health and spirit.

Pete

Nice photo of your Mum embracing the digital age Dave. She seems to be in good health and spirit.

Pete

Thanks Pete - she's doing ok for 81 but has issues both in health and spirit.

Hiya Dave,

Snappers Choice + Tech - Nice starburst and a very autumnal shot :)
Digital Age + Tech - Your mum looks bright as a button, you'd never guess she'd had a stroke from the shot.
Is zoom set up on her tablet, so you can be closer more often during the lockdown.
Sharp - Hatori Hanzo Steel? ;) Remind me never to upset you !

Hiya Dave,

Snappers Choice + Tech - Nice starburst and a very autumnal shot :)
Digital Age + Tech - Your mum looks bright as a button, you'd never guess she'd had a stroke from the shot.
Is zoom set up on her tablet, so you can be closer more often during the lockdown.
Sharp - Hatori Hanzo Steel? ;) Remind me never to upset you !

Thanks Tium.

No Zoom - but we Facetime every day :)

Reactions: LC2
A beautiful autumn pic Dave. Great light and colours and nice use of soft focus.

Lovely autumn scene uses great use of the soft light and focus.

Hi Dave, I love this image, the soft focus adds so much feeling to it. Big thumbs up from me.

Very Nice colours Dave, the sun adds sparkle.
I took a similar, but not quite as colourful photo on Sunday, but have decided not to use it.

Pete

Great colours on your snappers choice. I really like the starburst and the soft focus effect works perfectly.

Back