weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Really love this ... leads the eye right into the image. Soft curves and nice tones.

The discarded Hula Hoop has the right level of bokeh. Maybe the person in the shot was the culprit slinking away.....

Love the shot of the staircase. Nice greys and the composition looks bang on.

Week 6 : Wild

A work job yesterday - photographing a beer festival. Things got a bit wild as the day progressed :) I know, I know, having to work Saturday... and free beer all day too :) Terrible :)

i-FzVtkNk.jpg

photographing a beer festival.
A crap job, but I guess someone has to do it Dave :D

A different take on "wild" but it fits right in (y)

What a cracking shot. Guess the guy in the middle needed little coercion to pull a face after a few free beers!

A crap job, but I guess someone has to do it Dave :D

A different take on "wild" but it fits right in (y)

Ta :) Bit of a fuzzy herad today for some reason :D

Terrible job to do and agree with Chris someone has to do it :cool:
Nicely taken too Dave.

Cheers Dave :)

Looks like a good natured wild weekend, congrats on staying focused.

Well - the camera stayed focused :D

What a cracking shot. Guess the guy in the middle needed little coercion to pull a face after a few free beers!

Thanks. No free beer for him - just me :D

Mmmm beer festival!

I hope the wind didn't change direction :LOL: What a tough job. A photograph to remember for years to come I think?

I like the B&W treatment and it's lovely and sharp in all the right places.

I hope the wind didn't change direction :LOL: What a tough job. A photograph to remember for years to come I think?

I like the B&W treatment and it's lovely and sharp in all the right places.

Cheers :)

I think the beer disagrees with the guy in the middle.

I'm not surprised - it was luminous green1

I remember those wild weekends, they'll just have to stay as memories, I'm too old for that nowadays :)

a Quirky but correct visualization of the theme Dave. Works well in B&W.

Pete

Cheers Pete :)

I remember those wild weekends, they'll just have to stay as memories, I'm too old for that nowadays :)

Thanks :) Old enough to know better - young enough to do it anyway :)

Great shot, and I do love the thinking out the box on this. Real fun and makes you smile

Thanks you Donna :)

Works well for the theme Dave. Good shot.

Cheers Pete ;)

Week 7 : Broken

The last standing pit headgear on the Lancashire Coalfield at Astley Green Colliery. Taken through the winding house window. Both of which are broken.

Through the arched window by Dave Green, on Flickr

Very nice image, really like the way you have framed the headgear in the window with excel;lent control of the exposure to show the detail inside.

Really nice shot. I love the way you have framed it in the window and the angle it was taken at. Perfect composition.

Great shot and take on the theme. I find the cylinder/boiler thingy bottom right a bit distracting but I suspect that is broken as well.

Very nice image, really like the way you have framed the headgear in the window with excel;lent control of the exposure to show the detail inside.

very nice and very atmosphertic

cheers :)

A well composed image with a good story too..

thanks - it’s a fab place!

Really nice shot. I love the way you have framed it in the window and the angle it was taken at. Perfect composition.

Cheers :)

Agree with the three comments above, great composition and spot on framing.

thanks Dave :)

Great shot and take on the theme. I find the cylinder/boiler thingy bottom right a bit distracting but I suspect that is broken as well.

Thanks - yeah, I figured unbolting it would be frowned upon :)

Very nice framing Dave, and nice detail inside and out.

thanks Clive :)

Great image and POV. Amazed you could get the whole structure in the window space. The exposure must have been pretty tricky.

Nice composition Dave, it works well (y)

Great image and POV. Amazed you could get the whole structure in the window space. The exposure must have been pretty tricky.

Thanks Helen - Shot this at 22mm on the Nikon 16-35mm F4 -and a 5 shot HDR sorted the exposure :)

Nice composition Dave, it works well (y)

Ta muchly :)

I like that, the low pov really gives a sense of an imposing structure and the subtle colours give a sense of grimness.

Wild - A good fun take on the theme I like it.

Broken - Very nicely composed and processed.

Great image for broken Dave, well framed and good detail, we have the same as you along the road, Washington F Pit, there are not many left now.

Back