weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Double reflections.. nice one. Should have waited for this week :D

That's a cracker Dave.
The image has great depth to it with the other bridge and reflection in the background (y)

Week 9 : Reflection

From a lunchtime walk today on a local nature reserve. The eye has it!

09%20Reflection.jpg

Indeed it does Dave :)

Nicely captured reflection in the eye.

I'm drawn to the pink around the antlers - do you know is it always like that or has the deer been fighting/rutting?

Nicely captured reflection in the eye.

I'm drawn to the pink around the antlers - do you know is it always like that or has the deer been fighting/rutting?

Thanks - Not sure about the pink/blood.

A strong image, super BG.

And I see the reflection.

Reflection
Lovely photo of the deer. Great oof background and a strong reflection in the eye.

The eye has it, nice clever shot.

Many thanks Dave :)

Truth is - I was looking for birdies so had the 500mm on, but as all the toilets are locked at the moment , and I needed a wee, I nipped behind a locked bird hid - and there he was! CLICK!!!! :D

Looks like he's been through the wars, good grab.

Week 10 : Rough

Local Cemetery Chapel looking a bit rough

10%20Rough-1.jpg

Ooh, I like this picture, very atmospheric. The ivy is good for the bees in the autumn too.

A lovely moody mono - what's not to like. Such a shame to see the windows boarded but it gives the shot great atmosphere.

Good subject and nice composition. Black & white suits it too. However it's a bit too contrasty for me and looks like perhaps backing off the Clarity slider a bit might help. Very much a personal thing though, so take what you like etc etc...

Ooh, I like this picture, very atmospheric. The ivy is good for the bees in the autumn too.

Lovely old chapel not good to see them in this state

Cheers Allan - it sure is a shame :(

A lovely moody mono - what's not to like. Such a shame to see the windows boarded but it gives the shot great atmosphere.

Thanks Helen :)

Good subject and nice composition. Black & white suits it too. However it's a bit too contrasty for me and looks like perhaps backing off the Clarity slider a bit might help. Very much a personal thing though, so take what you like etc etc...

Thanks Ian. Personal taste as always I guess. :)

Good shot and a perfect choice to convert to mono

Cheers Paul :)

Nicely processed Dave, it works very well indeed!

Nice one for the theme, the perfect sky, bare trees too.

Rough
It's looking a bit run down. The sky is great and the black & white gives a gritty feel.

I really like the processing, It enhances the subject nicely. The sky is perfect against the overgrown chapel and the stones.

Back