weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Sad to see it boarded up. I hope it's temporary! I like the way the processing has brought out the texture in the stone.

Thanks - it's been like that for at least 10 yeas now :(

Nice one for the theme, the perfect sky, bare trees too.

Cheers :)

Rough
It's looking a bit run down. The sky is great and the black & white gives a gritty feel.

Thanks. :)

Very moody and gritty. Rough indeed! Works well!

I really like the processing, It enhances the subject nicely. The sky is perfect against the overgrown chapel and the stones.

Ta Nick ;)

The black & white finish definitely lends itself to the overall ambiance of the theme and the old church.

Thanks Stan :)

Reflection
If looks could kill, great capture, anytime I spot any they are off in the distance and very rarely captured with as much detail

Rough
The detail in the sky matches the scene perfectly and sets the scene, looks a sad forgotten place, not that I’m expecting banners and bright colours though

A superb choice, I absolutely love this one, the moody black and white, the composition, it’s an enviable shot for me, very well done.

Thanks Susie :)

Reflection
If looks could kill, great capture, anytime I spot any they are off in the distance and very rarely captured with as much detail

Rough
The detail in the sky matches the scene perfectly and sets the scene, looks a sad forgotten place, not that I’m expecting banners and bright colours though

Cheers Stuart. :)

Week 11 : Smooth

I'd normally do a nice waterfall shot but with the travel restrictions that isn't possible at the moment. So here's a fountain in a local park.

11%20Smooth-1.jpg

I’m amazed it’s still working not something you see very often

Nice to get some smoothed out water with a relatively slow shutter rather than an ND. The ripples add a nice contrast. Works well.

That's not a bad shot at all Dave, very smooth water shooting out.
I’m amazed it’s still working not something you see very often
You've successfully smoothed out the water and ticked the box. Roll on the day we can all travel further afield!
Nice to get some smoothed out water with a relatively slow shutter rather than an ND. The ripples add a nice contrast. Works well.

Thanks folks :)

These modern lenses - 1/5" hand held - witchcraft I say!

I feel your pain... not long to go before we can wander a little further than the doorstep! I do like the effect and colour of the floating leaves and the ripples on the water.

I feel your pain... not long to go before we can wander a little further than the doorstep! I do like the effect and colour of the floating leaves and the ripples on the water.

Thanks Helen :)

Yep - raring to go here. I have a foilder of new waterfall locations ready to start working through :)

These modern lenses - 1/5" hand held - witchcraft I say!
Clever! I was wondering if it was two layers merged or something. The transparency of the falling water.

Clever! I was wondering if it was two layers merged or something. The transparency of the falling water.

Ta muchly :)

Smooth works for me, nicely done with the SS.

Smooth
I think the half hearted spray from the fountain is in line with the general feeling of being fed up of the current situation affecting all aspects of our life.

Week 12 : Alive

My first Grandchild - Oliver. Born on Saturday afternoon :)

Very much a Proud Grandad Moment :)

i-GVWtZpH.jpg

Congrats Dave (y)

Super image Dave. Very much on-theme, and the image itself is a great. The OOF cards in the background telling us the gender and the B&W photo of (what I imagine are) the proud parents.

Congratulations!

Congrats Dave (y)

Ta Hissy :)

Perfect picture! Congratulations

Thanks Mark :)

Super image Dave. Very much on-theme, and the image itself is a great. The OOF cards in the background telling us the gender and the B&W photo of (what I imagine are) the proud parents.

Congratulations!

Cheers Ian - yes the background was carefully chosen. The framed print is the first shot I took of them together when they were at Uni :)

Congratulations! And of course, bang on theme.

Thanks Paul :)

Back