weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Ok here we go with the week that doesn't exist! Twilight Zone stuff!

Nearby - it's our New Year's Eve Corned Beef and Potato Pie! Fresh out of the oven. It's a tradition, although just two of us to scoff it rather than the usual half a dozen or so!

New Year's Eve Pie by Dave Green, on Flickr

Lovely looking pie!, great to get started on this 52, looking forward to seeing your images this next year.

Looks yum. I really like the contrast of the odd coloured oven "gloves".

Another healthy option :)

Now that does look very yummy indeed, nice shot Dave and hope you both enjoy it.

Thanks Dave :)

That looks amazing Dave! Just what is needed in this cold weather!

Cheers Tom :)

Lovely looking pie!, great to get started on this 52, looking forward to seeing your images this next year.

Ta Jim - and yours too :)

Looks yum. I really like the contrast of the odd coloured oven "gloves".

Another healthy option :)

Thanks - we do like a pie here in Wigan :)

Good to have a New Year's tradition that the "Kent Virus" can't impact :)
This was the first New Years Eve we've spent at home in over 10 years !
The kids made the most of it - they had a discord/jackbox party with the others they usually spend New years Eve with :)

I do like the red and blue T-Towels/Oven Gloves. It was the first thing I noticed after the yummy looking pie.

Yo -oy- Dave ;)

well that's on topic ... first one this year :ROFLMAO:

Home cooking, nearby.

Good to have a New Year's tradition that the "Kent Virus" can't impact :)
This was the first New Years Eve we've spent at home in over 10 years !
The kids made the most of it - they had a discord/jackbox party with the others they usually spend New years Eve with :)

I do like the red and blue T-Towels/Oven Gloves. It was the first thing I noticed after the yummy looking pie.

Thanks Tim. It was the first NYE on our own since our first was born 30 year ago!

Yo -oy- Dave ;)

well that's on topic ... first one this year :ROFLMAO:

Home cooking, nearby.

Thanks David :)

That looks super yummy!

Cheers - sure was :)

That looks tasty I hope you enjoyed it.

Ta - sure did :)

A very hearty meal nice take on the theme

Thanks Allan.

A nice tradition and I like corned beef. :love:
:giggle:

Cheers Stan - we do too. They can keep their posh lamb hot-pot :)

That looks good enough to eat Dave (y)

WOW Dave That’s my New Year’s Eve sorted for this year, make sure there’s a space with my name on it. This girl loves a slice of homemade pie.

Very enticing image, not what I need to see though after a festive period spent over-indulging!!

You‘ve just reminded me of my Mums delicious corned beef and potato pie :) what a super shot, you’ve captured the hot from the oven look perfectly, it looks yummy.

Thanks Susie - alas we're into the New Year diet now so no more pie for a while :(

WOW Dave That’s my New Year’s Eve sorted for this year, make sure there’s a space with my name on it. This girl loves a slice of homemade pie.

I think if this pandemic is over by then... EVERYONE is invited for pie ;)

Very enticing image, not what I need to see though after a festive period spent over-indulging!!

I hear ya! :)

Now that looks gorgeous Dave. A great start to the 52.

Thanks Pete :)

Week 1 : Fruit

A nice wintery walk this afternoon with the new 500mm prime.

OWP%20to%20Lump%20090121-10.jpg

A nice wintery walk this afternoon with the new 500mm prime.

I hate to think how much that must weigh... Looks like a lovely and sharp (sorry...) lens though - and I like the seasonal subject and composition! The red splash is great against the green.

I hate to think how much that must weigh... Looks like a lovely and sharp (sorry...) lens though - and I like the seasonal subject and composition! The red splash is great against the green.

Its a marvel of modern science. It's 5lb including the D850. That's 4lbs lighter than my old 200-400mm F4 and feels more like shooting with a 70-200mm.

WOW I love how that shot just pops.. it is absolutely stunning, the colours are beautiful. I would be very happy if my first trip out with a new lens produced shots like that.

That red really stands out against the lovely greens great season shot

looks a nice sharp lens, good splash of colour too

Cheers Allan :)

WOW I love how that shot just pops.. it is absolutely stunning, the colours are beautiful. I would be very happy if my first trip out with a new lens produced shots like that.

Thanks - it's a nice bit of kit :)

That red really stands out against the lovely greens great season shot

That's a nice find (the holy I mean) ... so young and fresh looking.

Very nice Dave, and that lens certainly looks like a good'un (y)

Good use of complementary colours there.
You see it so often in nature. It make me wonder if nature uses those combinations to attract, or whether those combinations attract because we see it so often in nature.

I like how the red is just red, yet there are several shades of green in there. Very nice colour study, clean & clear. The longer lens has helped (along with your composition) throw the background out a bit.

Back