weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Great capture with your new lens.
That's a nice find (the holy I mean) ... so young and fresh looking.
Very nice Dave, and that lens certainly looks like a good'un (y)
Good use of complementary colours there.
You see it so often in nature. It make me wonder if nature uses those combinations to attract, or whether those combinations attract because we see it so often in nature.
Nice red pop against the holly, cool lens too.
I like how the red is just red, yet there are several shades of green in there. Very nice colour study, clean & clear. The longer lens has helped (along with your composition) throw the background out a bit.

Thanks all for the kind words :)

Fruit
Well that lens looks to be very sharp.
Nice placement of the berries in the top right hand ⅓.

Love the vibrant colours of both the red and the green. Nice composition and the square crop suits the image too.
Fruit
Well that lens looks to be very sharp.
Nice placement of the berries in the top right hand ⅓.
Super sharp photo, absolutely perfect for the holly it shows the colours and texture off beautifully
I absolutely love the colours in this! Great photo ;)

Many thanks folks :)

The colours in that are really nice, and the dof is just right for me.

Looks like a good buy! Very sharp rendition. I love the sheen and colour on the leaves - did you polish them :LOL: .

Looks like a good buy! Very sharp rendition. I love the sheen and colour on the leaves - did you polish them :LOL: .

Thanks :) I;d have needd a ladder - they were about 8 feet above head height :)

Week 2 : Dirty

Removing the dirty :)

1/10" with rear curtain flash.

Sanitising by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very topical, great take on the theme.

Interesting. I know why you went with rear curtain flash, and I would have done the same, but I've not actually seeing the frozen hands at the end of the movement.

I didn;t want them totally frozen so I bounce the flash off the ceiling. The jewelry is about as sharp as I wanted.

Reactions: LC2
... It's the dirt you can't see...

As Jim said - very topical. Simple and another good idea. Well done.

Last edited:
Nice take on the theme. I really like the movement highlighted by the accessories. Wouldn't know where to start on this type of shot myself!

The master of flash. (y) The result reminds me of an in-camera HDR I once did of a moving subject.

Nice idea, nicely done.

... It's the dirt you can't see...

As Jim said - very topical. Simple and another good idea. Well done.

Thanks Ian :)

Nice take on the theme. I really like the movement highlighted by the accessories. Wouldn't know where to start on this type of shot myself!

Cheers Helen. :)

The master of flash. (y) The result reminds me of an in-camera HDR I once did of a moving subject.

Nice idea, nicely done.

Thanks David :)

A nice alternative take on the theme, and really well done. If I was looking for anything to change (and being mega picky), I might have killed the highlight on the left hand index finger, but in fairness it adds to the sense of movement.

Well captured and neatly shoehorned Dave (y)

A nice alternative take on the theme, and really well done. If I was looking for anything to change (and being mega picky), I might have killed the highlight on the left hand index finger, but in fairness it adds to the sense of movement.

Thanks Nick - I did toy with that idea but left it for that reason too.

Well captured and neatly shoehorned Dave (y)

Very clever Dave.

Pete

Cheers :)

Dirty
Really like the movement in the hands. I've never really tried second curtain sync.

Week 3 : Stone

Windy Arbour Stocks on an evening walk today. The iPhone 12 Pro Max does very well at night. This was a 0.5 second exposure - hand held! Witchcraft!

The Stocks by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dirty - Very Topical, you have certainly captured the action of the cleaning.
Stone - Wow you have a steady hand, well done very quick of the mark too, the b/w works well.

Nicely framed and composed, and the stability of that phone is incredible! I'm pretty sure my lens and body stabilised camera wouldn't have managed that...

steady hand -oy-

:D

Lots of stone there. Liking the cobbles.

Back