weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

I just read your description.

That’s staggering.

Nice eye too.
Dirty - Very Topical, you have certainly captured the action of the cleaning.
Stone - Wow you have a steady hand, well done very quick of the mark too, the b/w works well.
Nicely framed and composed, and the stability of that phone is incredible! I'm pretty sure my lens and body stabilised camera wouldn't have managed that...
steady hand -oy-

:D

Lots of stone there. Liking the cobbles.

Thanks folks. I checked the exif and it was actually "only" half a second exposure :)

Stock photo? :ROFLMAO:

No real crit, but the tones are nice, and the square crop works really well.

Stone
That is pretty impressive for a 0.5 second, handheld, phone shot.
Love the black and white and symmetry.

Stone
That is pretty impressive for a 0.5 second, handheld, phone shot.
Love the black and white and symmetry.

Thanks Dominic :)

good use of the smartphone for your Dirty image. Nicely composed and thee mono PP suits, I just wonder if a slight vignette would have added to the 'dark' feel to the image?

very steady hands and I agree with Dominic nice symmetry

Thanks Allan :)

That works rather nicely for me Dave. Great idea and execution.

Cheers Pete :)

good use of the smartphone for your Dirty image. Nicely composed and thee mono PP suits, I just wonder if a slight vignette would have added to the 'dark' feel to the image?

Stone image I hope you mean. Yeah a bit of vinigarette would have been good ta :)

Very nice Dave

That’s a very eye catching shot, I really like it a lot, you’ve captured so much atmosphere and different textures in what is a relatively small space :clap:

Thanks Susie :)

Week 4 : Tall

Tall trees on my lunchtime walk today.

UP! by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like that a lot. The crop works well, and being mono and with flat skies, it has quite an abstract feel, although it clearly is something.

Great perspective and the square crop is perfect. I also think it definitley benefits from being mono. Nicely done and the first of the week.

I like that a lot. The crop works well, and being mono and with flat skies, it has quite an abstract feel, although it clearly is something.

Thanks Nick :)

I love this. Such an interesting perspective

Cheers Roxanne :)

Well executed, I like it.

Ta Paul :)

Great perspective and the square crop is perfect. I also think it definitley benefits from being mono. Nicely done and the first of the week.

Thanks Jim :)

Love this one, perspective is spot on, it looks great on Flickr with the black borders they really emphasises the mono, can’t imagine anything better for the topic.

Ta Susie ;)

All lined nicely up to give the impression of tall.

Good use of B&W as well.

Pete

Impressive phone shot of the stocks for ‘stone’. The B&W really shows the textures well. Do you edit in your phone too? I’ve downloaded an app or two for this but always forget about them.

Tall: nicely captured. I’ve tried this sort of shot in the past and never managed to get such a perfect shot. The gaps and symmetry are spot on. Did you do any jiggery pokery? The square crop works well, as does the B&W conversion.

I really like this shot. It's simple but not.. and really well exposed.

Good work, good symmetry.

Cheers :)

Yep, very nice shot indeed and definitely great in mono

Thanks Donnie :)

All lined nicely up to give the impression of tall.

Good use of B&W as well.

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

Impressive phone shot of the stocks for ‘stone’. The B&W really shows the textures well. Do you edit in your phone too? I’ve downloaded an app or two for this but always forget about them.

Tall: nicely captured. I’ve tried this sort of shot in the past and never managed to get such a perfect shot. The gaps and symmetry are spot on. Did you do any jiggery pokery? The square crop works well, as does the B&W conversion.

Cheers - no jiggers were poked :)

I really like this shot. It's simple but not.. and really well exposed.

Ta :)

Really nice work Dave. Looking up into trees when you're in the woods can give you some amazing silhouettes. A flat grey sky is absolutely perfect for that B&W treatment too. Nice tones in the tree trunks and a great display of the intricacies of nature. Great stuff.

That made me go dizzy just looking at it :D

Really nice work Dave. Looking up into trees when you're in the woods can give you some amazing silhouettes. A flat grey sky is absolutely perfect for that B&W treatment too. Nice tones in the tree trunks and a great display of the intricacies of nature. Great stuff.

Thanks Ian ;)

That made me go dizzy just looking at it :D

I nearly fell over taking it :D

The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light

Very nicely executed.

The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light

Very nicely executed.

Thanks David - and a nice nod to RUSH too :)

Back