weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Hi Dave

Yellowhammer stands out well from the OOF background. The overall green colour works really well.

Great take on the Linnet, good thinking on that one, it works.

Pete

Hi Dave

Yellowhammer stands out well from the OOF background. The overall green colour works really well.

Great take on the Linnet, good thinking on that one, it works.

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

The more I look at this, the more I like it. It's like a sculpture. I find the profile of the head a little hard to see, so you have to peer at it, but the backlighting is just lovely and the vignette works really well.

Interesting shot of the linnet, good job you told me what it was, my wife is the bird spotter, I think everything looks like a sparrow :)

I love this shot. I had to study it to work out the head position to begin with but it definitely works.

The more I look at this, the more I like it. It's like a sculpture. I find the profile of the head a little hard to see, so you have to peer at it, but the backlighting is just lovely and the vignette works really well.

Interesting shot of the linnet, good job you told me what it was, my wife is the bird spotter, I think everything looks like a sparrow :)

Cheers Martin :)

I love this shot. I had to study it to work out the head position to begin with but it definitely works.

Ta Helen :)

That feels great, the way the light picks out just enough detail, and the fade to darkness around it really pulls you in.

That feels great, the way the light picks out just enough detail, and the fade to darkness around it really pulls you in.

Thanks Nick :)

Week 16 : Out and about

Out and about around Carnforth today and a few hours at Warton Crag. A distant view (160m away) of a Raven feeding young.
For added context - 160m is about 1.5 premier football pitches!

Raven feeding young by Dave Green, on Flickr

A nice shot considering the distance its good to see some of the environment

Right place, right time. (y)

A nice shot considering the distance its good to see some of the environment

Cheers Allan

Well spotted. ‘Where’s my dinner Mom?’. Huge distance!

A long shot, but what a cool thing to capture!

Ta Nick ;)

Right place, right time. (y)

Thanks.

... Right Research, right patience :)

Well spotted Dave, Nice and sharp for such a distance.

Pete

Cheers Pete - 500mm and a mega crop lol.

Agree with the others... at that distance I wouldn't have spotted it. Well captured.

Brilliant capture of a starling in mid song/squawk. That beak looks dangerous!

Lovely image, great levels of detail and a good one for the theme. Bokeh is very good too.

Brilliant capture of a starling in mid song/squawk. That beak looks dangerous!

Thanks - aye I wouldn't like a prod off it!

Lovely image, great levels of detail and a good one for the theme. Bokeh is very good too.

Cheers - the background is a yellow privet hedge about 5m behind :)

Shapes
A striking background, that really makes the bird stand out. Good detail in the feathers.

Week 18 : Numbers

Train Spotting - It's all about the numbers :geek:

18%20Numbers.jpg

Heh, that did make me smile. A photo with a numbers theme without a single number in it. Nice one.

I agree with Ian, really well worked for the theme Thumbs up

Back