weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Week 51 : Seasonal

Firts Grandchild's First Christma :D

51%20Seasonal-XL.jpg

Agreed. One of those photos that will endear forever. Especially on the 18th birthday party t-shirts :)

Lovely image, perfect for the theme and a wonderful memory for you and your family :)

Miniscule.. a beautiful shot and great composition.
Seasonal.. definitely one for the album - such a fantastic expression.

Miniscule.. a beautiful shot and great composition.
Seasonal.. definitely one for the album - such a fantastic expression.

Thanks Helen :)

Week 52 : Showcase

"Best" is always subject - but this is probbaly my favourite from 2021. My lovely wife of 37 years (although we've been together for 48) on her 57th Birthday back in January.

I get a kick out of bucking the official right/wrongs of photography. This was one of my first outings with the Nikon 500mm PF. And of course "they" say you can't / shouldn't do portraits with 500mm. PAH! :)

Portrait at 500mm by Dave Green, on Flickr

Lovely composition and a nice expression too. Congratulations on finishing your 52 and have a great New Year.

Lovely composition and a nice expression too. Congratulations on finishing your 52 and have a great New Year.

Thanks Ian and the same to you and yours :)

That is a beautiful image Dave, and for me I think you can use any focal length for a portrait as proved here.

Cheers Dave :)

Lovely natural portrait, works fantastically with the backlight. Well done for finishing.

A lovely and very natural portrait to end with. The side light enhances it too. Well captured.

Portraits are what portraits are regardless of the lens they are taken on and this one is an excellent portrait. Well done on completing the 52 for 2021.

Portraits are what portraits are regardless of the lens they are taken on and this one is an excellent portrait. Well done on completing the 52 for 2021.

Ta :)

Back