weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Great photo of the Gold Finches, they are fiesty birds.

The couple look like they are having a pinic, just hope they are not in Derbyshire....

Pete

Wow that's a superb goldfinch shot. Your original Pair fits the theme and tech nicely, so you can tick the box anyway, but those birds are just fab!

Pair
How very accommodating they were for you. 500mm, where were you, in the next county? :)

Nicely done, like the matching tones in the image.

Just seen your goldfinch image...that's a stunner for sure,

Thanks for both :)

Great photo of the Gold Finches, they are fiesty birds.

The couple look like they are having a pinic, just hope they are not in Derbyshire....

Pete

Cheers Pete :)

Wow that's a superb goldfinch shot. Your original Pair fits the theme and tech nicely, so you can tick the box anyway, but those birds are just fab!

Pair
How very accommodating they were for you. 500mm, where were you, in the next county? :)

50m :)

Week 7 : Depict a film (and tech)

HIGHLANDER

07%20Highlander-X3.jpg

What a cracking shot Dave, love the bit of straw and great for the tech too.

Thanks Dave :)

That's a lovely shot of a Highland Coo. The framing is tight but loves the cool expression and looks as though a cigarette is hanging from the corner of his mouth. :giggle:

Thanks - yeah it's tight. Fills the frame :D Shooting at 500mm I almost didn;t get him all in!

Perfectly framed and balanced shot. He's great - looks really cool! Another one guessed at first sight :D

Lovely image, plenty of character in there. Great use of the subject to depict the film too, nice work.

Perfectly framed and balanced shot. He's great - looks really cool! Another one guessed at first sight :D

Thanks Helen :)

Lovely image, plenty of character in there. Great use of the subject to depict the film too, nice work.

Cheers Jim.

They took a bit of finding but I ended up with half a dozen shots I'm happy with :)

Ha! love the grey hairs around the nose. And is that a tongue!

Fabulous shot - I can't believe I didn't get the film when I first saw it. I'm so bad at this! It's perfect to depict the film and a handsome beast.

Film
Great shot. I love Highland cows.
You've filled the frame nicely, the colours and tones all complement each other and we'll it's a Highland cow.

Great shot for Highlander spot on!

Thanks Clive :)

Ha! love the grey hairs around the nose. And is that a tongue!

Cheers David ;)

Fabulous shot - I can't believe I didn't get the film when I first saw it. I'm so bad at this! It's perfect to depict the film and a handsome beast.

Ta ;)

Film
Great shot. I love Highland cows.
You've filled the frame nicely, the colours and tones all complement each other and we'll it's a Highland cow.

Thanks Dominic :)

Great portrait, and a beautiful animal. The colours in the coat are lovely.

Week 8 : Halves

A photo of two halves on t'cut at the weekend. iPhone 12 Pro Max amazing as ever!

This is the Douglas Valley just outside Wigan where the Leeds & Liverpool Canal, River Douglas, M6 Motorway and Southport to Manchester railway all cross.

Gathurst%20Bridge%20to%20Dean%20Lock%20280221-00005-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking reflection Dave and bang on very nicely, I only have the Pro 12 but love the camera on it and find it amazing how good phones have come on with the cameras.

Thanks Dave. Yep - it's witchcraft this phone camera business!

That’s a super photo, I love the curve of the path, the clear blue sky, the reflection, it’s just perfect for the theme.

Thanks Susie :)

Half
Great reflection, it's amazing what a mobile phone can produce when you think of the sensor size. Taken a second later might have got the lorry in the open space

Half
Great reflection, it's amazing what a mobile phone can produce when you think of the sensor size. Taken a second later might have got the lorry in the open space

Ta :) I got the lorry all the way across but didn;t want it to dominate. If it had been a big red Royal Mail one I may have let it take more of a role ;)

Last edited:
Half
It looks like a lovely day.
It's well composed, the reflection is really strong.

The stillness of the canal, the light of the day, and your chosen composition have all worked well to compliment each other here. I think it works really well.

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said so...good entry, very nice and I like it. Printed on an A3 printer it might make a nice framed print.

Nothing much more to add than has already been said - I do like a nice reflection image, and this one is, indeed, very nice!

The stillness of the canal, the light of the day, and your chosen composition have all worked well to compliment each other here. I think it works really well.

Thanks Ian ;)

Nothing much more to add than has already been said - I do like a nice reflection image, and this one is, indeed, very nice!
Cheers Jim :)

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said so...good entry, very nice and I like it. Printed on an A3 printer it might make a nice framed print.

Thank You Martin :)

What a fabulous, still, sunny day. Lovely reflection and all nicely captured

Thanks - it was a tranquil hour just before sunset! I got a set of lovely golden light pix shortly afterwards!

Back