weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

As it happens... I got this today on my iPhone :)

i-mX6x4Sp.jpg

Last edited:
Juxtaposition - works well I like the way you have incorporated the background stripes too.

that one works better than the first one emphasises the light and dark a little more

Hi Dave ...well you've manged two excellent shots for the theme there, I like the first one because of the placing against the wallpaper, it adds that extra Juxtawhotsit! But the second one is still very eye catching and lively looking.
That's a fabulous photo of the red car by the way, you've really frozen the action there.

Lovely image for Wet, Dave, with the two cars clearly moving behind the blurred wet stuff, and that's an excellent second image for Juxtaposition. The first was spot on and lining up the background stripes was an added bonus, but the second is a more pleasing and natural-looking image overall (y)

Hi Dave,
Wet - A walled track with Stocks. This could be my local track in Aldershot. I didn't realise Oulton had areas like that.
Bang on theme with the snow caught like that.
Juxtaposition - Beer and wine, or just beer? Good use of teh background to emphasise the subjects. Clever. :)

Great matching of the background! Cleverly done!

Hi Dave

I prefer the look of the 2nd beer shot, but I can see the 1st one fits the theme better.

Pete

Blimey - iPhone beats D850 :)

Thanks all :)

Like the way you match up the background too.

I hadnt noticed that, great bit of detail.

LOve the wet shot of the little Legends car in the snow. They still use Yamaha 1200 motors ?

I hadnt noticed that, great bit of detail.

LOve the wet shot of the little Legends car in the snow. They still use Yamaha 1200 motors ?

Not sure - some mention of Ford 1600 I think.

Week 13 : Oval

"Out of the oval" - 60163 Tornado at Summerseat on the East Lancs Railway today.

i-XQ4JbJq.jpg

Clever idea for theme....
Watch your horizontals though, the tunnel top is leaning....

Clever idea for theme....
Watch your horizontals though, the tunnel top is leaning....

The camera was level - but I wasn't head on to the tunnel.

Cracking shot for oval Dave, very nicely on theme (y)

Ta muchly. I was thinking of the boiler door going oval as it passed - but saw the tunnel mouth and... TICK! :)

Juxtaposition
Looks good to me. I like than you've placed the light one in the dark strip of the wallpaper and vise versa.

Nice shot of Tornado Dave, with her appearing out of the darkness of the tunnel.

From the look of the shot, you were line side. Probably worth pointing out you had either a PTS or line side pass so as to deter people who think it's okay / safe to go line side without the correct training and paperwork. :)

Nice shot of Tornado Dave, with her appearing out of the darkness of the tunnel.

From the look of the shot, you were line side. Probably worth pointing out you had either a PTS or line side pass so as to deter people who think it's okay / safe to go line side without the correct training and paperwork. :)

Thanks. I was actually just leaning over the fence :)

Dave I thought you were the first to block me. lol

Wet, like this think its a great shot, the other is brillant and great colours.
Jux: again a great shot very clear, like No2 better just because i like more detail in photos.
Oval: now this is superb, captured at the right moment, loved looking at this photo.

Walter

Oval is a great shot, well timed and great light!

Ta muchly :)

Hi Dave

Juxtaposition nicely set up image the BG really works with the 2 glasses perfect for the theme

Oval really like that superb image of the Tornado nice point of view

I do wonder how long you were waiting to get that shot, its nicely caught

Lovely train shot. I like the way you caught it just before it was clear ot the bridge/tunnel. (y)

Hi Dave

Juxtaposition nicely set up image the BG really works with the 2 glasses perfect for the theme

Oval really like that superb image of the Tornado nice point of view

Thanks - it's a good spot but only for South facing locos - which is rare!

Just as well, would have shortened your 52 to just 13.

Nice shot, love the drama of the angles, and the colours.

Thanks. Safety first :)

Lovely train shot. I like the way you caught it just before it was clear ot the bridge/tunnel. (y)

Thanks. The next shot is a better one on the loco - but lost half the oval!

Oval

Well caught and good colours. I like the smoke too.

Thank you :)

Week 14 : Straight

Just how I like it :)

Glendronach 21yr Old Parliament

i-WKj73SB.jpg

Never been that keen on selective colour but I do like a good malt and you have done the selective colour well, so I'll let you off :) and it's a great idea for the theme.

In this case I like the selective colour because it emphasises the theme, I also think it is a very good photograph. I think it's a good job it's in black and white in case that wallpaper is blue and yellow or something equally garish! :)

I like it but then I do like selective colour in some instances and this is one of them.

Great take on the theme

Great take, nicely done. Liking the guilty look. :)(y)

Like your Oval shot,but the Straight shot is simply inspired!:)

Oval - Great shot and you do appear to be track side glad to see you stayed safe.
Straight - I like the idea behind it but I am not sure about the finished image.

Back