weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Nice picture Dave, great exposure and dof across all the pigs is great. 2nd from the right looks happy with its self at not posing.

Gotta love the Fuji 50-140mm F2.8 :)

There's always one :)

That's a different take on the theme and well done for keeping up.

Lovely picture of a lovely place, hope you had the obligatory pint in the Ship and fish and chips on the harbour wall! Particularly like the way you have caught the reflections, smack on theme.

Hi Dave,

Refuse - A little shoe hornery perhaps :)
They certainly look like quite cute (not sure if it's cute exactly) curled up asleep there, and the fact that the colour palette is of similar hues, thus matching to a large extent, works.

Dark - This is the sort of shot I should have taken rather than experimenting. Nice, sharp, crisp, good reflections.
Only comment would be that perhaps an hour or so earlier to get the slight blue in the sky would be worth trying?

Wk34- Dark

Really Nice Image Dave, looks nice and sharp, good exposure on the main boat. Just wondering if there is any more cloud detail in the sky as I can see a little bit while looking on my horrid laptop screen.

Pete

Refuse is well exposed, sharp in the right places and nicely detailed, does the job nicely.

Dark is really good, I like that a lot

Last edited:
Lovely picture of a lovely place, hope you had the obligatory pint in the Ship and fish and chips on the harbour wall! Particularly like the way you have caught the reflections, smack on theme.

Thanks - and yes to both - and a pasty too :)

Hi Dave,

Refuse - A little shoe hornery perhaps :)
They certainly look like quite cute (not sure if it's cute exactly) curled up asleep there, and the fact that the colour palette is of similar hues, thus matching to a large extent, works.

Dark - This is the sort of shot I should have taken rather than experimenting. Nice, sharp, crisp, good reflections.
Only comment would be that perhaps an hour or so earlier to get the slight blue in the sky would be worth trying?

Ta - pretty much full cloud that night so no blue to be had really.

Dark - lovely shot and great reflections.

Cheers :)

Wk34- Dark

Really Nice Image Dave, looks nice and sharp, good exposure on the main boat. Just wondering if there is any more cloud detail in the sky as I can see a little bit while looking on my horrid laptop screen.

Pete

Quite possibly Pete - I may have a play :)

Refuse is well exposed, sharp in the right places and nicely detailed, does the job nicely.

Dark is really good, I like that a lot

Thanks.

Excellent exposure for dark, very good

Cheers allan.

Nice shot for dark Dave. I like the idea and you've got a good reflection even with the lack of light. Nice work

Week 35 : Splash

Alarmed at the splash.
Turned the tap on to see what I could get for Splash. The soap suds seemed quite alarmed - and I liked it :)

i-SsBn4Tx.jpg

Last edited:
Good fun photo, made me scream!

Week 36 : A3 Class 60103 Flying Scotsman PULLS the 09:55 from Rawtenstall across the level crossing at Townsend Fold on the East Lancashire Railway this morning. In the rain!

Flying Scotsman by Dave Green, on Flickr

Good shot of the choo choo I’m sure it won’t be the last one eitther this week pity about the grey sky though

Really like this, everything looks period(ish) to me, I think the grey sky is not a problem especially as the smoke stands out so well.

Thanks chaps. As for the sky - it was what it was *shrug* lol.

With Stan on this, B&W all the way.

The ELR get more than their fair share of the flying moneypit, don't they. Though I guess that's Ian's influence.
Colour version for me. Even though the mono brings a bit more of the sky out, I think the contrast of the boiler and smokebox against the houses works better in the colour version.

I like both the colour and mono versions. Black and white are more suited to the steam age era.

Thanks - I like them both for different reasons :)

With Stan on this, B&W all the way.

Cheers.

The ELR get more than their fair share of the flying moneypit, don't they. Though I guess that's Ian's influence.
Colour version for me. Even though the mono brings a bit more of the sky out, I think the contrast of the boiler and smokebox against the houses works better in the colour version.

Aye they do hog Trigger's Brush a bit :)

I heard it was possibly there for some tweaks anyway so why not wring a few quid out of the Great Unwashed while they could :D

Dave Nice shot, colour and B&W work for me. Looks like it was taken dacades ago, have you applied some processing to add film grain, or are my glasses dirty.

Pete

Amusing photo for splash and a nicely exposed Scotsman, colour works for me, good to get the steam against the grey sky.

Dave Nice shot, colour and B&W work for me. Looks like it was taken dacades ago, have you applied some processing to add film grain, or are my glasses dirty.

Pete

Thanks - no grain - it's rain :)

Amusing photo for splash and a nicely exposed Scotsman, colour works for me, good to get the steam against the grey sky.

Thankee - worth a rainy 45min drive :)

Is it wrong that I saw the Signal Gantry and immediately thought - "That's Bury" ?
I assume that's the artistry in your photo :) It wouldn't be the selective colouring, oh no no no.
I'm also imagining the guards door being open, and the sound of the whistle and even perhaps the running up of the diesel engine as it's notched up.

Can't beat a bit of railway, eh (y)

Dave

I like that, dont mind the selective colour as it's an artistic interpretation of the image you took. It tells a nice little story.

Good conversion, dof, exposure and composition.

I have never been to Bury, am I missing anything?

Pete

Back