weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Ok let's give this a shot.

Right ho - let's start as sensible as I mean to go on :)

"Your Area" includes Manchester so...

"Always look on the Dark Side of life..."

i-L2H89vr.jpg

Ta muchly :)

It's not exactly screaming Manchester but it made me smile, well seen and nice separation of the subject from the background

This made me chuckle, as did you pythonesque commentary.
Nicely sharp with the DoF allowing the background to start to melt away.
I may have gone for a wider aperture if it was available to blur out the background more, but then again, you could run the risk of the focal plane being too shallow and losing sharpness on the subject.
(y)

I like the caption, lol. Nice well executed photo.

Ta folks :)

Very nice street style shot Sir, liking this one very much.(y)

George.

I wasnt sure if I liked the two pedestrians initially, but now I think they actually make the shot look even more interesting...

A nice fun shot to start the year, I like your comment to do with it too

This one made me smile Dave I like the inclusion of the pedestrians I find they add to the scene esplically as no one apeers to have noticed Darth Vader playing the keyboard:)

Great street shot, and it definitely is Manchester as it's wet and no-one is taking a bling bit of notice of the guy.

Hi Dave and welcome

wacky, good pov showing fingers on the keyboard, good dof ... but I'd like to see his feet, or atleast his amplifier.

Nice distressed look to the latch/lock of that old gate :)
I like the colours and texture you've captured and the usage of DoF to blur out the background, whilst retaining sufficient that you can see what it is.

I had heard you can't walk around Manc without a Sith on every corner just didn't realise they played their own Imperial March xD nice candid shot to open. Gate I'm liking for the subtle half and half with the wooden door (y)

Cheers folks :)

I like the Oof back ground and the colours of the gate and door beyond it.

I like that one Dave love the oof background really maks the open gate the main focus.

Love the fact you've shot it on film too!

Like the gate shot and, as said above, great to see it photographed on film. Will have to try a roll of this Colourplus as the colours are lovely.

Lovely colours/tones from film, good shallow DoF to draw the eye to the gate, very well done.

I like the use of DoF Dave. Great shot and the colour of the door lifts the image of the latch really well. Excellent composition:)

Great composition for gate, and great DoF!

Ta folks.

Thanks Dave. Where do you get it processed? I tend to stick to B&W as I can develop it myself.

Good old Max Spielmann. The one near Piccadilly Gardens is a good one. The staff there know their stuff. I also do my own mono.

I like Gate very much .... good colour and sharpness where it's needed. (y)

Back