weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Looks like something from the 60', really like the feel of it :)

Uh oh,another train spotter lol....

I like the feel of it, and the head out of the window adds interest.

Fanx folks :)

Nice sharp shot of the end of the Peak.
Did that TSO really have ETH? (And where they using it?).
As @keef32 says, that could easily be from the late 60s / early 70s, there is nothing there to really date it (except perhaps that the loco and carriage are both clean).
(y)

Great photo! Great composition, and great DoF, you're capturing the scene nicely (y)

Ta muchly folks.

Here are the other candidates I got...

This is the other side of the one I posed above. Driver watching the Guard for the go ahead to depart.

i-PKMVHsm.jpg

And this is the face of modern photography :)

i-Xnb6SWG.jpg

Really like both of those Dave but my favourite its the second one very well seen and captured

Hi Dave ....I’m late getting started this year but good to see your thread. I think the first People one is my favourite, really nice composition and the muted colours suit it well, having said that .... that is a smasher of the chap with the iPad, absolute spot on focus.

Cheers :)

They’re all smashing pictures, the first has an almost timeless quality to it but I have to say the one of the chap with the iPad has to be my favourite,a very nice capture :)

I do like People ... and the head sticking out. (y) ... a bit of a shame the guard is looking at you. But still ... a good one.

Week 0 - I allus thowt ther were summat ah didna trust abaht Manchester fowk. Good compromise with DOF - got enough of DV in focus and blurred out distractions
Week 1 - Nice tones from that ColourPlus - just enough DOF to get detail round latch/lock and interesting textures.
Week 2 - First one for me with guard and 'passenger' - last time someone called me a customer on a train I said, I know I've paid enough to buy part of it but I only want to travel on it.

People - All great pictures but I like your 1st one best great colour tones

That's a cracking shot Dave. Was going to trudge on the moors over Rossendale today to look for something similar. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks both

I agree with the comment that the reflections really adds to the shot, so a nice bit of composition to ensure it lined up well like that.
Empty you say? I wonder why. Too remote maybe, or too much renovation needed? It looks a decent place to me.
Is the image slightly desaturated, or was that the result of the light? I like the effect it has.

By the way, you link leads back to the start of page 1, which whilst okay at the moment, will be a pain when you're on page 20 ;)
Click on "Share" at the bottom of your post, or the #[Number] and a pop up will will appear with the direct link to that post, then use that in the linky :)

Stark

Works for me Dave, reflections, leading lines and composition, what’s not to like?

Phil

I actually like this one best for the People theme

and I totally agree, even though the person is facing away from you, the Samsung Tab with the train image counters that, nice thinking.

Great photo, excellent composition and great muted colours! Nothing to criticise (y)

Thanks folks - and thanks Tim @LC2 for the linky tip :)

That is Stark isn't it! Good compo and I think the muted colours emphasise the starkness.

Thanks again :)

Here's the other angle I got.

i-K37zNdg.jpg

Brilliant image for Stark Dave love the reflection I love the muted colours. There is some lovely details in there.

Oy Dave

Stark - Great image, love the colours and reflection.Grey Sky adds to the Starkness.

Pete

Thanks @ross.anderson.58 - I’d have loved to get lower but I was already kneeling at the edge of the water up to my ankles in mud :)

Last edited:
Back