weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Week 38 BIZARRE

Unbrellas UNDER a roof - BIZARRE!

i-jSf2PmL.jpg

Well seen for the theme and the exposure is good against the sky.

BTW your link from the main images thread isn't working

Dave

Nice image for bizarre, lots of colour, good exposure.
Perhaps the roof leaks.

Pete

Nice bright and unusual well spotted

Cheers :)

Dave

Nice image for bizarre, lots of colour, good exposure.
Perhaps the roof leaks.

Pete

Perhaps it does - I wish it did cos THAT would be a bizarre pic :)

Puts me in mind of something from, I think Jill, from a couple of years back.
Nice colour, good spot :)

Fanx :)

Bizarre

That's a pretty good take on the theme. Good colours.

Week 39 - Wild

Wild Water Weir on the River in Stavely, Cumbria yesterday. (Spot the Heron)

Down by the weir by Dave Green, on Flickr

Bizarre, clearly a belt and braces (roof and umbrella) kind of venue. Well spotted and taken picture, like the colours and composition.
Wild, interesting composition, well shot and I like the way everything from the metal bar directs towards the Heron

Nice shot of the heron there took me a while to find it though

Thanks @rpn - @Bearair and @Allan.H

This was during a 20min "clear your head" walk midway through a session at Hawkshead Brewery on Saturday - so I'm amazed I got anything at all haha!

This was the other shot - but alas I scared off the Heron getting to the spot...

Staveley weir by Dave Green, on Flickr

Both good, I think I prefer the colour, interesting compo

Fanx Folks :)

The mono is a 3 shot handheld HDR thingiemebob.

Both shots Fuji X100F

Dave

Wild, a wild scene with a wild Heron in the background. all very nice and sharp, good contrast and colours, nice find.

B&W is very good, maybe a bit more tonal range in the leaves(not knowing what colour they where). Interested what the colour version looks like.

Pete

Dave

Wild, a wild scene with a wild Heron in the background. all very nice and sharp, good contrast and colours, nice find.

B&W is very good, maybe a bit more tonal range in the leaves(not knowing what colour they where). Interested what the colour version looks like.

Pete

Thanks Pete - not much colour at all in the colour version hence the conversion.

Ideal subject for Bizarre, Dave, and I like the strong and contrasting colours of the umbrellas with the light shining through them.

I like both images for Wild, too. The first one for the colours, the movement in the water and the way everything leads your eyes to the heron, and the second one for the sheer amount of movement and action in the water. Two good images that work really well for the theme (y)

Ideal subject for Bizarre, Dave, and I like the strong and contrasting colours of the umbrellas with the light shining through them.

I like both images for Wild, too. The first one for the colours, the movement in the water and the way everything leads your eyes to the heron, and the second one for the sheer amount of movement and action in the water. Two good images that work really well for the theme (y)

Thanks a lot :)

Week 40 : Autumn

Leaves on the turn at Christ Church, Oxford.

i-MLXhDPn.jpg

A lovely old classic design building and the autumn colour leaves balance the stone colour too.

Thanks for the comment - slim pickings this week.

I did take a few more Autumn pix this week so will add a few before having a crack at whatever theme we get later today :)

Week 41 : Hollow

A Monster Sunset :D

i-nRzFtGD.jpg

My other take was...

A Hollow Monster (and a can)

i-ktNcHZS.jpg

Both Autumn images are ideal for the theme, Dave. The first shows warm contrasts between the colour of the old stone and the red and green creepers - the sort of thing that catches my eye too - and the low light, sunbeams and light picking out the leaves stand out in the second one.

Both Monster/hollow images are different :) I really like the great sunset and light in the first one, and well done on getting the bright red engine in the background of the second.

Love the Autumn Sunset. Not an easy image to take shooting into the sun but you have done a great job to keep the blown highlight to a minimum and still managed to have a lot of details in the shadow area.

I prefer the first Hollow shot with fewer distractions. I take it that the can is empty (hollow)?

Autumn shots are nice and colourful. Hollow is a cool fun shot too.

Cheers Dave

Well done for getting a train in, a bit sneaky though

Very sneaky ta #notsorry :)

Both Autumn images are ideal for the theme, Dave. The first shows warm contrasts between the colour of the old stone and the red and green creepers - the sort of thing that catches my eye too - and the low light, sunbeams and light picking out the leaves stand out in the second one.

Both Monster/hollow images are different :) I really like the great sunset and light in the first one, and well done on getting the bright red engine in the background of the second.

Ta muchly :)

Love the Autumn Sunset. Not an easy image to take shooting into the sun but you have done a great job to keep the blown highlight to a minimum and still managed to have a lot of details in the shadow area.

I prefer the first Hollow shot with fewer distractions. I take it that the can is empty (hollow)?

Yes the can is empty - as is the train at the end of the day :)

Hollow

A good composition and you've manage the sun well (not too bright)

Back