OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Week 1 : NEW

Prints off the first roll of film with my NEW Voigtlander 15mm & viewfinder for my Bessa R3M. Shot in Manchester city centre in murky weather this afternoon. It's a thing of beauty and works very well once used to metering and focusing through the regular viewfinder then composing and shooting through the 15mm on the hotshoe.

Edit My Images
Yes
That's all very colourful Dave. I admit that I have no clue about film cameras and my passion is purely for digital but I love the enthusiasm and creativity i've often seen by those who still use film in their camera.

Looks like you've got some cracking images there and you had a fun time.

looking forward to seeing more throughout the year - nicely done

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
That's all very colourful Dave. I admit that I have no clue about film cameras and my passion is purely for digital but I love the enthusiasm and creativity i've often seen by those who still use film in their camera.

Looks like you've got some cracking images there and you had a fun time.

looking forward to seeing more throughout the year - nicely done
Thanks Ian - one of my new year resolutions is to shoot more film :D

Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
I like that - and like the camera too. I just finished playing with a Voigtlander Vitessa, sadly discovering that the fast winder on it seems to be not engaging all the time. Moving on to a Vito CLR to try now.

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I like that - and like the camera too. I just finished playing with a Voigtlander Vitessa, sadly discovering that the fast winder on it seems to be not engaging all the time. Moving on to a Vito CLR to try now.
Ta - and enjoy the Vito!

very nice i like the arrangement collated with the camera I hope you enjoy using it with the new bits :)
Thanks - takes a bot of getting used to but I'm happy with it!

Good idea for the theme. Lots of colour which works well.
Cheers :)

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Great idea for theme, kept me looking at image a good while, another good start.

Walter
Thanks Walter :)

New film camera, nice shot Dave and love the prints just to set it all off nicely.
Ta - not new camera - just the lens and clip on viewfinder for it. Got it for a steal at Wilkinsons too - they obviodly had no idea what it was worth :D

Name
Jonathan Fussell
Edit My Images
Yes
Great use of theme, the colours in the collage give the camera a great background.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
YAY New Toy :)
Nice bit of layout there with the camera amongst the prints.
Loving Pikachu and the yellow of the tram. In-fact there is lots of yellow popping from the prints :)
Hope we see more film from you in your second year Dave :)

Edit My Images
Yes
I like the layout, lots to look at in all those pictures. looks like your enjoying your new toy

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice almost collage like photo, with your new camera taking pride of place.
Ta - just a new lens though. I've had the camera quite a few years!

Great use of theme, the colours in the collage give the camera a great background.

Great documentary type image. Colours in the images are certainly punchy.
Thanks. Yeah I was very happy with the colours.

YAY New Toy :)
Nice bit of layout there with the camera amongst the prints.
Loving Pikachu and the yellow of the tram. In-fact there is lots of yellow popping from the prints :)
Hope we see more film from you in your second year Dave :)
Thanks - defo going to try shooting more film this year. Although shooting and getting them online the same week will be a challenge!

I like the layout, lots to look at in all those pictures. looks like your enjoying your new toy
Ta - sure am - it's a nice bit of kit.

Great image Dave! (y)
You clearly put a lot of thought into the arrangement of those prints....they work very well!
I love the journey through the image....and the red post box image is perfectly placed to lead the eye to the camera.
Masterful!
Thanks - guess the graphic designer in me rears it's head (it's part of the day job)

New
I like the quality of the prints, the colours look really nice.
Cheers - the prints are a lot nicer than the scans!

Good start to your challenge. New Year and New toy.
Ta muchly :)

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I really like this, the image as a whole works well, plus then each individual photo on the table catches my attention and makes me look at each one in turn. Great camera too, I have the R3A which I used only yesterday

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Not only a nice idea for the theme, with the new/old contrast, but a great project for you. I have my late grandfather's Voigtlander Vito B, which I was allowed to use from the age of 13 and served me well as a first camera; old cameras are so beautifully made. It looks as though you had a productive first outing with it and it's interesting to see the variety of images displayed with your new/old viewfinder and camera :)

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Some smashing photos there Dave, I think I’d prefer not to see the table as I really like it when I zoom in, altogether a very eye catching shot.
Ta - I did try to exclusde the table but I felt it lacked the "These are my pix on the table" thing :)

I really like this, the image as a whole works well, plus then each individual photo on the table catches my attention and makes me look at each one in turn. Great camera too, I have the R3A which I used only yesterday
Cheers - great cameras - I've had mine quite a few years now. What lenses do you have for yours?

Not only a nice idea for the theme, with the new/old contrast, but a great project for you. I have my late grandfather's Voigtlander Vito B, which I was allowed to use from the age of 13 and served me well as a first camera; old cameras are so beautifully made. It looks as though you had a productive first outing with it and it's interesting to see the variety of images displayed with your new/old viewfinder and camera :)
Cheers - watch this space for more filmy pix if poss.

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Cheers - great cameras - I've had mine quite a few years now. What lenses do you have for yours
A bit longer than I've had mine then! I bought the R3A as a 30th birthday present to myself back in March. Currently just using the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4 Nokton. It's a wonderful lens and I love using it, but I'd like to get something longer to go with it one day.

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
A bit longer than I've had mine then! I bought the R3A as a 30th birthday present to myself back in March. Currently just using the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4 Nokton. It's a wonderful lens and I love using it, but I'd like to get something longer to go with it one day.
Cool - I have the 40mm also - a superb lens. I also have an old Leica 90mm F2.8 which works very well. The tiny framing lines for 90mm are hard work though.

Nice to see a film camera Dave, brings back memories of using mine. Very nicely presented and it looks like you have got some good pictures from it too.

Name
Georgina
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome back Dave. I know nothing about film cameras at all but I like the image, its a nice bright collage with all the prints but I do find the table a bit distracting :)

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Good luck with your 2019 challenge, thats a nice bright colourful image to kick start your challenge off with.

Welcome back Dave. I know nothing about film cameras at all but I like the image, its a nice bright collage with all the prints but I do find the table a bit distracting :)

I like it, lovely colours in your film shots and having read your explanation for leaving it in I think I agree about not hiding the table.
Not just me then :) Thanks!

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Very nice brilliant take on the theme and works great in black and white.
My favourite so far on this weeks theme. Think a few of us got cleaned out at Christmas!
I do like this in B&W. And the backdrop is very retro!
Looking Lint free too, so hits the theme in that way too.
I agree with the other comments that it works nicely on B&W.
Good take on the theme. Good mono conversion.
Thanks all - and it's still a week til pay day!!!!

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Clean
I know the feeling, but for me it's horses that clean me out.
Your photo has a symmetry to it and looks good in black and white.