weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

That's a great shot, and excellent camera!

Thanks. It sure is. I don't use the 15mm on it enough!

Like that Dave, nice perspective and love the film look.

Ta Michael. Real easy to get that filk look :D

Thats a great use of the WA lens, a really nice shot.

Cheers Allan - it's a bit of a tricky setup metering and focusing via the range finder window then framing using the clip on viewfinder!

Here's the setup.

Voigtlander Bessa R3M with 15mm by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fantastic shot, really well composed, that's easily a professional quality stock image in my opinion - I think you'd easily sell that. Brilliant!

Fantastic shot, really well composed, that's easily a professional quality stock image in my opinion - I think you'd easily sell that. Brilliant!

Thanks - nowhere near stock size or quality though. Maybe a better scan but I doubt it.

Love that wide angle effect on the steps and handrailings. The two figures add context to the theme.

Cheers - I had it with and without the people but agree - they add to it.

Some lovely tones in this image.

Cracking image for the theme Dave, love the camera too.

Cheers - camera is a beauty :)

Nice shot for Entrance Dave, love the wide angle, lots of leading lines to be had here!

I really like all the straight lines in this. A well seen shot! Do the steps narrow in quite as much to the top or is that a product of your lens?

Nice shot for Entrance Dave, love the wide angle, lots of leading lines to be had here!

Thanks Daniel

I really like all the straight lines in this. A well seen shot! Do the steps narrow in quite as much to the top or is that a product of your lens?

Cheers - they do narrow in a lot, but maybe not that much.

This was going to be my shot for "Entrance" before I decided to go the film/sooc route...

Manchester on Saturday again. Fuji X100F.

A Spare Seat by Dave Green, on Flickr

Great image Dave, love the really wide angle perspective. Please stop posting photos with the 15mm though, or I'll end up wanting one for my R3A :LOL:

I love your posted image for 'entrance' Dave, top notch!
The geometry is what does it for me, great lines and perspective.
Cracking image!(y)

Thanks Gareth - yep the lines are what drew me in :)

Great image Dave, love the really wide angle perspective. Please stop posting photos with the 15mm though, or I'll end up wanting one for my R3A :LOL:

Cheers Carl - it’s a fabulous little lens. I picked it up from Wilkinson’s for a lot less than it’s worth! Saw it - saw the price - bit their hand off :)

The wide angle on ENTRANCE works really well, but I also like your second shot with the mystery 'empty chair' - a little story in there perhaps....

Hey Dave,

Wet - I instantly loved this one when I saw it in the main thread. There is something about abandonment that appeals. I hope you didn't get wet feet getting the shot.
Loving the wider shot too. I think it'll buff out :)

Free - A Std 2MT eh? Nice. With all that steam hiding any other carriages, you've captured that pre Beeching branch line feel. No one about except the crew and a station porter, with the train consisting of a loco and 1 carriage.

Entrance - I can't believe how some of you can do so much of the 52 on film, in the right week. Above and Beyond...

That 15mm lens certainly gives the steps a strange but interesting angle. Nicely done

The wide angle on ENTRANCE works really well, but I also like your second shot with the mystery 'empty chair' - a little story in there perhaps....

Cheers :) Yes - Street photography for me is all about that little story and not just random folk walking down a street :)

Hey Dave,

Wet - I instantly loved this one when I saw it in the main thread. There is something about abandonment that appeals. I hope you didn't get wet feet getting the shot.
Loving the wider shot too. I think it'll buff out :)

Free - A Std 2MT eh? Nice. With all that steam hiding any other carriages, you've captured that pre Beeching branch line feel. No one about except the crew and a station porter, with the train consisting of a loco and 1 carriage.

Entrance - I can't believe how some of you can do so much of the 52 on film, in the right week. Above and Beyond...

Thanks - much appreciated.

That 15mm lens certainly gives the steps a strange but interesting angle. Nicely done

Dave

Object, another of your very clever takes on the theme. Wells well, I can see what the object is in more than enough out of focus detail.

Wet, A bit too moist if you ask me, are you sure its not a submarine. Just enough shown to sure it's a boat. Like the detail and reflections in the water.

Free and very atmosperhic, the coulds of steam adds to the picture.I think you could get rid of all that fuji kit, I will take it off your hands for free.

Entrance, who cant resist an entrance to a bar on a cold and wet day. Pretty good entrance as well. Did'nt know you could get film developed so quickly.

Pete

Entrance. Great use of angles, leading lines and framing
Nice shot

Dave

Object, another of your very clever takes on the theme. Wells well, I can see what the object is in more than enough out of focus detail.

Wet, A bit too moist if you ask me, are you sure its not a submarine. Just enough shown to sure it's a boat. Like the detail and reflections in the water.

Free and very atmosperhic, the coulds of steam adds to the picture.I think you could get rid of all that fuji kit, I will take it off your hands for free.

Entrance, who cant resist an entrance to a bar on a cold and wet day. Pretty good entrance as well. Did'nt know you could get film developed so quickly.

Pete

Thanks Pete

Max Spielman in most large towns wiull develop and scan film in an hour. :)

Entrance. Great use of angles, leading lines and framing
Nice shot

Cheers :)

Like it! Great prspectibve, really like the motion blur and the 3 subjects are in exactly the right spot. Good stuff

Free is a great shot for SOOC, nicely done.
Entrance- nice perspective. I have the same lens, which I use on my A7rii, great lens but I wish it was a bit faster sometimes.
Youn- great us of shutter speed, nice composition and processing

Hi Dave,

Free - Nice image! Goes to show if you have a good composition it doesn't matter what you take it with.

Entrance - That's great, and a film image! The 15mm looks like a nice wide angle lens.

Young - I like the blur of the train, nice composition too.

Nice work!

Like it! Great prspectibve, really like the motion blur and the 3 subjects are in exactly the right spot. Good stuff

Free is a great shot for SOOC, nicely done.
Entrance- nice perspective. I have the same lens, which I use on my A7rii, great lens but I wish it was a bit faster sometimes.
Youn- great us of shutter speed, nice composition and processing

Cheers - and yes - F2.8 would be nice but then the lens would be twice the size!

Young is a good image Dave, great motion blur on the train and sharp young ones watching it fly past.

Thanks Dave :)

Hi Dave,

Free - Nice image! Goes to show if you have a good composition it doesn't matter what you take it with.

Entrance - That's great, and a film image! The 15mm looks like a nice wide angle lens.

Young - I like the blur of the train, nice composition too.

Nice work!

Thank you - the 15mm is awesome :)

Terrific shot Dave!!
Fantastic motion blur....I see you were at 1/80th of a second....how on earth did you get those kids to stand still for that long?!:giggle:
There's nothing I don't like about this image....perspective, composition, colours....spot on!!
Smashing!!(y)

Terrific shot Dave!!
Fantastic motion blur....I see you were at 1/80th of a second....how on earth did you get those kids to stand still for that long?!:giggle:
There's nothing I don't like about this image....perspective, composition, colours....spot on!!
Smashing!!(y)

Thanks Gareth :)

Very good shot for YOUNG. Composition-wise great, and the blur is spot on.
I imagine the train is arriving, but it could be leaving. Is there a way of telling which? From the photo I mean.
Like when is a sunset not a sunset? When it's a sunrise!!

Brilliant shot for Young dave, the motion of the train really adds some drama to the scene! Really like the PP too!

Great young image Dave. Loads of detail all around and the blurred moving train works perfectly

Doing the rounds and having a bit of a catch up...

Some cracking shots there Dave. Entrance really stands out for me. The combination of film, that 15mm lens and your composition really make that one a winner.
Nice shot for Young too. Great subjects, nice blur and the lead in lines take my eye into the photo. Nice one (y)

Very good shot for YOUNG. Composition-wise great, and the blur is spot on.
I imagine the train is arriving, but it could be leaving. Is there a way of telling which? From the photo I mean.
Like when is a sunset not a sunset? When it's a sunrise!!

Ta - it was passing through - from left to right :)

Brilliant shot for Young dave, the motion of the train really adds some drama to the scene! Really like the PP too!

Thanks - PP was pretty basic - whapped up the Clarity slider then hit the shadows slider a bit. Job done.

very nice pic love the sharpness with the motion blur.

Cheers

Great young image Dave. Loads of detail all around and the blurred moving train works perfectly

Thanks Ian

Doing the rounds and having a bit of a catch up...

Some cracking shots there Dave. Entrance really stands out for me. The combination of film, that 15mm lens and your composition really make that one a winner.
Nice shot for Young too. Great subjects, nice blur and the lead in lines take my eye into the photo. Nice one (y)

Thanks for the comments :)

This is a cracking composition using a strong vanishing point and the rule of thirds. Exposure time is good too – long enough to blur the train whilst still retaining enough motion and some texture. :clap:

Ta muchly :)

Young
I like how you've managed to get a train shot in for the theme. Nice motion in the train.

Back