weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Great find Dave, certainly fits the theme!!!

Great find Dave, certainly fits the theme!!!

Cheers :)

Wet and not seaworthy methinks! Great find for this week's theme.

Thanks - I see this once a fortnight - it's a sad sight!

Great use of both subjects, the background bridge and gull just works so well.

Thank you

Well found. That is certainly wetter than it should be! Nice shot and spot on fro the theme.

Many thanks :)

Dave, goes without saying the sunken boat is great ! There’s so much to look at. Be an interesting one to take at different stages throughout the year ?

Nice find! It's grabbing my attention but also quite unnerving at the same time!

Like your idea for the theme, Dave. I think the boat is more submerged than just wet. I'm sure it's fixable though.

Thanks - it sunk in about 2012 so I reckon not.

Dave, goes without saying the sunken boat is great ! There’s so much to look at. Be an interesting one to take at different stages throughout the year ?

Ta - doesn't change much now that it's sat on the bottom.

Nice find! It's grabbing my attention but also quite unnerving at the same time!

Cheers ;)

A wider shot.

i-VhVJBCr.jpg

Wet
It reminds me of Jaws, the bit at the end, when the boat is sinking.

Nice wet image. Looks like there's a little bit of repair work needed there

Week 10 : Free and SOOC

So - an unexpected challenge as I forgot my camera bag and ended uop shooting the ELR Steam Gala on my iPhone lol.

"Wet & Steamy"

i-VzD4gKJ.jpg

I really like this shot, particularly the guard in the steam - gives it a nice ethereal look (I might even crop that part right in, for another image in its own right)

Very nice shot Dave and with a mobile too, great that you got the rain in view as well.

Thanks Dave :)

I really like this shot, particularly the guard in the steam - gives it a nice ethereal look (I might even crop that part right in, for another image in its own right)

Thanks - yeah I did a square crop in mono that I like too. But that wouldn;t fit the SOOC theme.

Hi Dave,

Cold - Good idea. I like the dof. don't know what else was on the bar but would have been good to see all of her hand, maybe lose a bit off the sides :)
Waiting - Great timing, he was obviously bored of waiting. good composition and great in B&W
Rough - Certainly rough water though I do prefer the smooth version
Object - Happens to me all the time lol. Made me smile, good dof and nice focus on the gull
Wet - Oh dear, think it might need a bit more than a coat of varnish. Well spotted, surprised it's been left there to rot with all those nice yachts in the bg
Free - Really atmospheric with the rain and the guard in all the steam(y) be interested to see a processed version too :D

:D

Yes the guy on the right looks great. Wonderful shot.

Cheers :)

Hi Dave,

Cold - Good idea. I like the dof. don't know what else was on the bar but would have been good to see all of her hand, maybe lose a bit off the sides :)
Waiting - Great timing, he was obviously bored of waiting. good composition and great in B&W
Rough - Certainly rough water though I do prefer the smooth version
Object - Happens to me all the time lol. Made me smile, good dof and nice focus on the gull
Wet - Oh dear, think it might need a bit more than a coat of varnish. Well spotted, surprised it's been left there to rot with all those nice yachts in the bg
Free - Really atmospheric with the rain and the guard in all the steam(y) be interested to see a processed version too :D

:D

Thanks for all those.

Here's an edited (in camera mainly) version of the steamy shot.

Lost in Steam by Dave Green, on Flickr

That's a cool image. I think I would have maybe cropped a bit more from the left to make the guy getting covered in steam, ore of a focal point. What a lovely atmospheric capture

Great image Dave!
The SOOC version is terrific, and as has been said, the guard in the steam cloud really makes this shot for me....brilliant framing!
I love the processed version too....great contrasts and the guard in the steam really stands out!
Marvellous!(y)

Great image Dave!
The SOOC version is terrific, and as has been said, the guard in the steam cloud really makes this shot for me....brilliant framing!
I love the processed version too....great contrasts and the guard in the steam really stands out!
Marvellous!(y)

Many thanks Gareth :)

Blimey Dave, that's a spectacular shot. So much atmosphere and the guy in the steam is fantastic. Even more impressive is that it's a phone shot!

Great work.

Blimey Dave, that's a spectacular shot. So much atmosphere and the guy in the steam is fantastic. Even more impressive is that it's a phone shot!

Great work.

Thanks Carl - much appreciated.

I love that one Dave its so atmospheric, it could be the poster for an old movie ...excellent.

Cheers - a happy accident leaving the big heat at home it seems. It sure made me work- which is good!

That's an excellently captured image. Very atmospheric and has that old classic film feel about it. Much prefer #1 and the two figures just make the shot even better. :clap:

Thanks Stan :)

The figure in the steam really makes the image (y) losing the driver in the crop was a good idea

Free week

Lots of atmosphere with the smoke, the steam and the rain.

Hi Dave

Wet - Great take on the theme I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to make it float again......

Free - Love that real atmosphere in there the mono works really well.

The figure in the steam really makes the image (y) losing the driver in the crop was a good idea

Thanlks Allan :)

A really cracking image there Dave. The mono version is just perfect. The Guard in all that steam really makes it :clap:

Cheers - yep - it's all about the guard!

Free week

Lots of atmosphere with the smoke, the steam and the rain.

Ta - forgetting my camera bag and using the iPhone wasn't the end of the world after all ;)

Hi Dave

Wet - Great take on the theme I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to make it float again......

Free - Love that real atmosphere in there the mono works really well.

Thanks you - all the boat needs is a new boat haha!

Dave, what a fantastic shot. I especially like the guard stood in the middle of the steam really well taken

Cheers Chris :)

Week 11 : Entrance and SOOC

A typical rainy day in Manchester today. Got thoroughly soaked! So much so I had to take refuge several times in various bars :D

Shot at 15mm with the Voigtlander Bessa R3M and developed & scanned at Max Speilman shortly afterwards.

i-BCNnrw5.jpg

Last edited:
Back