weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Great angle Dave!(y)
Good to get the 'low-down' (;)) on the old choo choo too!:giggle:

Cheers Gareth :)

Ah, the SATAN season ;)
Cool shot of the Victorian design and a nice low perspective. Unusual to get that sort of view without a PTS, though I can think of a couple of spots on the Bluebell and GCR where that's do-able.

Thanks Tim :) No PTS required. Shot through the bottom of the fence using the flip out screen on the D850 to save the knees :)

Great shot Dave, the angle really emphasises the power of the engine. I love the sheen of the paint and it looks well looked after.

Pete

Great shot Dave, the angle really emphasises the power of the engine. I love the sheen of the paint and it looks well looked after.

Pete

Cheers Pete :)

Week 50 : Snapper's Choice (And tech)

Today's work job was "Frost Fest" in the local park. First go with the free L Plate I got this week after buying a nre 3 Legged Thing tripod last month.

I like the word FUN in the middle of the bus :)

Fun Bus by Dave Green, on Flickr

That's really cool to have caught 'FUN' like that. Did you plan it or was it just a lucky happenstance ?
Just enough of a long exposure to blur the ride yet keep everyone else sharp. Nicely done :)

That's really cool to have caught 'FUN' like that. Did you plan it or was it just a lucky happenstance ?
Just enough of a long exposure to blur the ride yet keep everyone else sharp. Nicely done :)
Thanks - a lucky shot is always welcome. I took 6 and this one just jumped out :) I did get an angry parent come up and tell me off for photographing her daughter. I told her that it was a public event - and I was the official togger for it. She still wasn’t happy so I showed her the pics on the back of the camera lol. She went off and told hubby that it’s ok all his photos are blurred :)

Cool shot Dave, like the Fun showing up while the blur is bang on and folk in focus.

Thanks Dave - Master of the lucky shot me :)

Last edited:
Great bit of blur,
don’t worry you will soon get the hang of taking some that aren’t so blurred :ROFLMAO:

I really like that shot, I'm amazed you got the people sharp with the motion of the ride.

Great bit of blur,
don’t worry you will soon get the hang of taking some that aren’t so blurred :ROFLMAO:

Ta - I’ll get there :)

I really like that shot, I'm amazed you got the people sharp with the motion of the ride.

A steady tripod and 2sec timer is the key :)

Very nice shot, great mix of sharp and OOF. :)

Terrific image Dave and very inventive!:clap:
My eye goes straight to the 'Fun'...great composition!
Wonderfully colourful and cheerful image!

She went off and told hubby that it’s ok all his photos are blurred

Pfff...philistines!!:D

That's a nice shot. Exposure time is perfect – long enough to blur the ride whilst still retaining enough some motion and texture.

Thanks Stan :)

Nice shot Dave, looks like Fun was the order of the day apart from Mrs Unhappy, but LOL.

Pete

Week 51 : Christmassy

A Christmassy Birthday trip to Hawkshead brewery today :D

i-BrQ3n8n.jpg

Week 51 : Christmassy

A Christmassy Birthday trip to Hawkshead brewery today :D

i-BrQ3n8n.jpg
That has just given me an idea! :beer:

Week 52 : Out-takes

Today at Ashness Bridge.

Tripod set-up - CHECK!
5 shot bracketting set - CHECK
Self timer set for 2sec delay then 5 shots - check
Ok - here we go..

Mountain Goat Bus - DOH!!!!

i-RVDXD9V.jpg

Hehe Dave. Sods law eh?
Still it's better than waiting for a kettle at a station / crossing only to have a modern unit pass in-front at 'the moment'.

Gratz on getting through to the end of the '19-52

Good finish to your 52 Dave, sods law a car or van would appear.
Thanks Dave :)

Good ending to your 52 project Dave. Well done (y)
Cheers Lee

Hehe Dave. Sods law eh?
Still it's better than waiting for a kettle at a station / crossing only to have a modern unit pass in-front at 'the moment'.

Gratz on getting through to the end of the '19-52

Ta - yes that would suck!

Contgrats on finishing the 52 Dave.

And I think the Minibus makes that photo. not.

Pete

That's an excellently captured bus Dave!
Shame about the rest of the scenery though!!:LOL:

Well done for completing the challenge!:clap:
A very Happy New Year to you and yours Dave!(y)

Thanks Gareth :)

And the same to you and yours :D

Back