weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Week 13 - Food and SOOC (iPhone)

Midnight Snack following a hard evening's Jazz photography at Arley Hall in Cheshire. I'm scoffing and supping it as I type this ;)

Cremated - just how I like it :D

i-mGv79pF.jpg

That looks lovely. Shame I’m going to have to make do with a McDonalds this morning!

Bacon and beer, what's not to like?

Young - Love the colours in this shot, motion in the train and tack sharp in the rest of the image. (Would be a great corporate shot for Virgin trains to use)
Food - Just rude, going to have to buy some bacon now. I would of liked the bacon sharper but I can see the ale is, priorities between them on consumption?

The breakfast of champions, looks slightly overdone, the bacon not the picture.

Looks very well done and nice and crispy too, good shot.

Thanks Dave :)

Hungry just looking at it !

It certainly hit the spot.

That looks lovely. Shame I’m going to have to make do with a McDonalds this morning!

Ta - the rubber muck McDs pass off as bacon is hardly worth eating :(

I'm hungry and can even smell the crispy bacon. Perfect with a bottle of ale too.
YNG385K.gif

Cheers - beer was nice too :)

Bacon and beer, what's not to like?

Ta - my thoughts exactly :)

Young - Love the colours in this shot, motion in the train and tack sharp in the rest of the image. (Would be a great corporate shot for Virgin trains to use)
Food - Just rude, going to have to buy some bacon now. I would of liked the bacon sharper but I can see the ale is, priorities between them on consumption?

Thanks - it was a quick iPhone shot as I was drooling and gagging for both :)

The breakfast of champions, looks slightly overdone, the bacon not the picture.

Yeah it is a bit cremated but rather that than pale and rubbery :)

Good photo Dave, that looks delicious. The rule for bacon is, if you hold it in your fingertips by one end, and the rest of the rasher doesn't stay horizontal, it's not cooked enough. Floppy bacon is a sin! :D

Love it Dave, who doesn't love a bit of crispy bacon eh!! Great stuff.....hungry now though!

Blimey Dave! That looks delicious!
I've had my dinner, and looking at your image has made me hungry again....the hallmark of an excellent food photograph!:clap:
I agree with you and the others regarding the cooking of bacon....it must be crispy or it's ruined!
And ruining bacon is illegal I believe!
Nicely done Dave!(y)

Nowt wrong wi'it. Yorkshire things I miss! Good shot, perfect for the theme.

Ta muchly :)

Good photo Dave, that looks delicious. The rule for bacon is, if you hold it in your fingertips by one end, and the rest of the rasher doesn't stay horizontal, it's not cooked enough. Floppy bacon is a sin! :D

A man after me own heart - ta :)

Love it Dave, who doesn't love a bit of crispy bacon eh!! Great stuff.....hungry now though!

Ta - Get some bacon on the go :)

Blimey Dave! That looks delicious!
I've had my dinner, and looking at your image has made me hungry again....the hallmark of an excellent food photograph!:clap:
I agree with you and the others regarding the cooking of bacon....it must be crispy or it's ruined!
And ruining bacon is illegal I believe!
Nicely done Dave!(y)

Cheers - maybe next week's theme will be "crispy" :)

Never mind SOOC, it was SOO the frying pan!

Top bombing, nothing like some nice bacon sarnies to finish the night off. That beer looks a bit nice too

Never mind SOOC, it was SOO the frying pan!

Top bombing, nothing like some nice bacon sarnies to finish the night off. That beer looks a bit nice too

Cheers Ian :D

Week 14 : smooth

Bamburgh Beach today - not a great deal of water in front of the castle so opted for this view of water coming over the rocks.

i-qW8dc7j.jpg

Last edited:
very good the light on the rocks is nice as is the exposure of the water (y)

Lovely warmth to the photo. Almost looks like mist.

very good the light on the rocks is nice as is the exposure of the water (y)

Thanks Allan. Quite relieved when I saw this shot this morning as I’d had “a few” when I edited and uploaded it last night :D

Lovely warmth to the photo. Almost looks like mist.

Cheers Rob. Took a few goes before I got what I wanted :)

That is a terrific image Dave!
The long exposure is spot on....love the motion blur of the waves crashing 'smoothly' over the rocks at the back....excellent.
Amazing golden light on those rocks, excellent work indeed.
(y)

Cheers Gareth : )

Some beautiful lighting there Dave, lovely golden tones on the rocks. I love the way the water pours over the top of the furthest rocks. Great image!

Fantastic image for Smooth, the light is sublime - I really like this shot, this would be a printable for me.

Nice image, you've managed to tame the rough seas crashing agains the rocks Nice light too.

Great image for smooth Dave, love the lighting and colours.

Cheers Dave

Some beautiful lighting there Dave, lovely golden tones on the rocks. I love the way the water pours over the top of the furthest rocks. Great image!

Thanks Carl :)

Fantastic image for Smooth, the light is sublime - I really like this shot, this would be a printable for me.

Cheers - yes I think this one will go on the wall :)

Lovley image for Smooth Dave, on theme perfectly!

Food - that bacon butty looks magnificent, and a great take on the theme.

Smooth - Lovely use of a long exposure and a great amount of detail in the image. I could look at that for ages and not get bored.

Nicely done

Lovley image for Smooth Dave, on theme perfectly!

Cheers :)

Food - that bacon butty looks magnificent, and a great take on the theme.

Smooth - Lovely use of a long exposure and a great amount of detail in the image. I could look at that for ages and not get bored.

Nicely done

Hi Dave,

Young - Lovely bit of motion blur. Such a shame the young trainspotters don't have the variety of trains that were around when we were kids. They do appear to be entranced though :)
Food - mmmm Bacon Butty... Critique would be the way the light falls off towards the front of the shot, if possible, I'd have preferred the same luminance across the image. Only minor though.
Smooth - Lovely. Looks like mist rolling in off the sea.

Cheers Tim :)

Week 15 : Above

"Where next?" Edinburgh Science Museum

i-bmSJKbn.jpg

Bang on theme there’s nothing like a good map to study

Thanks Allan. I got a good selection for this theme so may add a few more here as I get through editing them :)

SMOOTH - super shot, one to be framed. Colours are wonderful.
ABOVE - good idea (which I was considering btw) looking down on those looking down, splendid...

SMOOTH - super shot, one to be framed. Colours are wonderful.
ABOVE - good idea (which I was considering btw) looking down on those looking down, splendid...

Thanks Bob :) Yeah I think SMOOTH is destined for framing!

Good candid moment that fits the theme perfectly. Well captured Dave.

Cheers - so many photo ops in there for ABOVE!

Good shot taken from above.

Thanks Dave :)

Back