weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Week 1 : NEW

Prints off the first roll of film with my NEW Voigtlander 15mm & viewfinder for my Bessa R3M. Shot in Manchester city centre in murky weather this afternoon. It's a thing of beauty and works very well once used to metering and focusing through the regular viewfinder then composing and shooting through the 15mm on the hotshoe.

i-2TRt5dx.jpg

That's all very colourful Dave. I admit that I have no clue about film cameras and my passion is purely for digital but I love the enthusiasm and creativity i've often seen by those who still use film in their camera.

Looks like you've got some cracking images there and you had a fun time.

looking forward to seeing more throughout the year - nicely done

That's all very colourful Dave. I admit that I have no clue about film cameras and my passion is purely for digital but I love the enthusiasm and creativity i've often seen by those who still use film in their camera.

Looks like you've got some cracking images there and you had a fun time.

looking forward to seeing more throughout the year - nicely done

Thanks Ian - one of my new year resolutions is to shoot more film :D

I like that - and like the camera too. I just finished playing with a Voigtlander Vitessa, sadly discovering that the fast winder on it seems to be not engaging all the time. Moving on to a Vito CLR to try now.

very nice i like the arrangement collated with the camera I hope you enjoy using it with the new bits :)

I like that - and like the camera too. I just finished playing with a Voigtlander Vitessa, sadly discovering that the fast winder on it seems to be not engaging all the time. Moving on to a Vito CLR to try now.

Ta - and enjoy the Vito!

very nice i like the arrangement collated with the camera I hope you enjoy using it with the new bits :)

Thanks - takes a bot of getting used to but I'm happy with it!

Good idea for the theme. Lots of colour which works well.

Cheers :)

Great idea for theme, kept me looking at image a good while, another good start.

Walter

Thanks Walter :)

New film camera, nice shot Dave and love the prints just to set it all off nicely.

Ta - not new camera - just the lens and clip on viewfinder for it. Got it for a steal at Wilkinsons too - they obviodly had no idea what it was worth :D

Great use of theme, the colours in the collage give the camera a great background.

Great documentary type image. Colours in the images are certainly punchy.

YAY New Toy :)
Nice bit of layout there with the camera amongst the prints.
Loving Pikachu and the yellow of the tram. In-fact there is lots of yellow popping from the prints :)
Hope we see more film from you in your second year Dave :)

I like the layout, lots to look at in all those pictures. looks like your enjoying your new toy

New
I like the quality of the prints, the colours look really nice.

Nice almost collage like photo, with your new camera taking pride of place.

Ta - just a new lens though. I've had the camera quite a few years!

Great use of theme, the colours in the collage give the camera a great background.

Great documentary type image. Colours in the images are certainly punchy.

Thanks. Yeah I was very happy with the colours.

YAY New Toy :)
Nice bit of layout there with the camera amongst the prints.
Loving Pikachu and the yellow of the tram. In-fact there is lots of yellow popping from the prints :)
Hope we see more film from you in your second year Dave :)

Thanks - defo going to try shooting more film this year. Although shooting and getting them online the same week will be a challenge!

I like the layout, lots to look at in all those pictures. looks like your enjoying your new toy

Ta - sure am - it's a nice bit of kit.

Great image Dave! (y)
You clearly put a lot of thought into the arrangement of those prints....they work very well!
I love the journey through the image....and the red post box image is perfectly placed to lead the eye to the camera.
Masterful!

Thanks - guess the graphic designer in me rears it's head (it's part of the day job)

New
I like the quality of the prints, the colours look really nice.

Cheers - the prints are a lot nicer than the scans!

Good start to your challenge. New Year and New toy.

Ta muchly :)

I really like this, the image as a whole works well, plus then each individual photo on the table catches my attention and makes me look at each one in turn. Great camera too, I have the R3A which I used only yesterday

Not only a nice idea for the theme, with the new/old contrast, but a great project for you. I have my late grandfather's Voigtlander Vito B, which I was allowed to use from the age of 13 and served me well as a first camera; old cameras are so beautifully made. It looks as though you had a productive first outing with it and it's interesting to see the variety of images displayed with your new/old viewfinder and camera :)

Some smashing photos there Dave, I think I’d prefer not to see the table as I really like it when I zoom in, altogether a very eye catching shot.

Ta - I did try to exclusde the table but I felt it lacked the "These are my pix on the table" thing :)

I really like this, the image as a whole works well, plus then each individual photo on the table catches my attention and makes me look at each one in turn. Great camera too, I have the R3A which I used only yesterday

Cheers - great cameras - I've had mine quite a few years now. What lenses do you have for yours?

Not only a nice idea for the theme, with the new/old contrast, but a great project for you. I have my late grandfather's Voigtlander Vito B, which I was allowed to use from the age of 13 and served me well as a first camera; old cameras are so beautifully made. It looks as though you had a productive first outing with it and it's interesting to see the variety of images displayed with your new/old viewfinder and camera :)

Cheers - watch this space for more filmy pix if poss.

Cheers - great cameras - I've had mine quite a few years now. What lenses do you have for yours

A bit longer than I've had mine then! I bought the R3A as a 30th birthday present to myself back in March. Currently just using the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4 Nokton. It's a wonderful lens and I love using it, but I'd like to get something longer to go with it one day.

A bit longer than I've had mine then! I bought the R3A as a 30th birthday present to myself back in March. Currently just using the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4 Nokton. It's a wonderful lens and I love using it, but I'd like to get something longer to go with it one day.

Cool - I have the 40mm also - a superb lens. I also have an old Leica 90mm F2.8 which works very well. The tiny framing lines for 90mm are hard work though.

Nice to see a film camera Dave, brings back memories of using mine. Very nicely presented and it looks like you have got some good pictures from it too.

Welcome back Dave. I know nothing about film cameras at all but I like the image, its a nice bright collage with all the prints but I do find the table a bit distracting :)

Good luck with your 2019 challenge, thats a nice bright colourful image to kick start your challenge off with.

Welcome back Dave. I know nothing about film cameras at all but I like the image, its a nice bright collage with all the prints but I do find the table a bit distracting :)

I like it, lovely colours in your film shots and having read your explanation for leaving it in I think I agree about not hiding the table.

Not just me then :) Thanks!

Excellent interpretation of the theme, and one that really should have occurred to me!!!
Works well in B/W too. Cheers!

Very nice brilliant take on the theme and works great in black and white.
My favourite so far on this weeks theme. Think a few of us got cleaned out at Christmas!
I do like this in B&W. And the backdrop is very retro!
Looking Lint free too, so hits the theme in that way too.
I agree with the other comments that it works nicely on B&W.
Good take on the theme. Good mono conversion.

Thanks all - and it's still a week til pay day!!!!

Clean
I know the feeling, but for me it's horses that clean me out.
Your photo has a symmetry to it and looks good in black and white.

Back