weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Light- Great blends of lights. moody sky and sunlight crossing the mountain. Like it

HOT - nice idea for the theme, turtle sunning itself
LIGHT - wonderful. I can only echo previous comments. Great shot!

Hot - Works well for the theme, like the reflections.
Light - Wow! That is definitely one for the wall. Love how angry the sky is with the nice stripe of light.
Crowd - Good shot, very well processed. The reflections and steam from the train work very well around the people. Feels quite gritty this one but balanced out by the colours like the ladies blue coat.

Nice Dave!

i
really nice shot, love the processing

Cheers Allan :)

Hot - Works well for the theme, like the reflections.
Light - Wow! That is definitely one for the wall. Love how angry the sky is with the nice stripe of light.
Crowd - Good shot, very well processed. The reflections and steam from the train work very well around the people. Feels quite gritty this one but balanced out by the colours like the ladies blue coat.

Nice Dave!

Thanks for those.

My favourite so far for the theme Dave, love all the steam and smoke. Great impact

Ta Chris :)

Great shot! I really like this, it has plenty of interest and it's so very well taken and processed. I'd agree that it's the pick of the bunch for this theme.

Last edited:
Love this crowded image Dave. So much interest to it. I love the feel to it. Normally, i'd be screaming for a mono conversion, but the moody darker colours of this work so well

Hi Dave

Crowd, Love that Image, great capture and love the gritty processing. Good details and atmosphere.

Pete

Great shot! I really like this, it has plenty of interest and it's so very well taken and processed. I'd agree that it's the pick of the bunch for this theme.

Cheers - much appreciated :)

Fantastic picture, the steam makes it for me

Smashing!!:clap:
You've captured the steam exceedingly well, and the reflections on the platform are terrific!

Thanks Gareth :)

Love the "Crowd" shot, captured the scene well - and the processing really adds to the atmosphere.

Ta muchly - just a big whap up the clarity slider was the main processing.

Love this crowded image Dave. So much interest to it. I love the feel to it. Normally, i'd be screaming for a mono conversion, but the moody darker colours of this work so well

Thanks - I tried mono but things kinds got lost.

Hi Dave

Crowd, Love that Image, great capture and love the gritty processing. Good details and atmosphere.

Pete

Ta Pete.

Great shot for crowd Dave, the PP in this really makes the image stand out well.

Thanks Dave :)

I think this is my favourite of the crowd shots. Love the steam. Stunning.

Cheers Clive :)

That's fantastic for the Decay theme. I really like the way you've handled the subject and the macro technique. Bang on theme, and right up there with the best yet.

Decay
It's certainly past it's best before date. I can't even tell what it is.

That's fantastic for the Decay theme. I really like the way you've handled the subject and the macro technique. Bang on theme, and right up there with the best yet.

Decay
It's certainly past it's best before date. I can't even tell what it is.

Cheers - it's a strawberry :)

A belter of an image Dave!:clap:
Did you have a nail-biting wait for it to decay to that extent, when the theme was announced? Or did you just happen to have a mouldy strawberry lying around?:LOL:
Either way it's perfectly composed....or should that be de-composed....hehe....I'll get me coat!!:coat:

Great image for Decay Dave, is this one weeks decay or had you been saving it hoping the subject would come up?!:LOL:

Did you have a nail-biting wait for it to decay to that extent, when the theme was announced? Or did you just happen to have a mouldy strawberry lying around?:LOL:

Was thinking exactly the same when I saw it. That is lovely and decayed though. Bang on Dave. Works perfectly.

Decay is a cracking image Dave, just need a lot of cream on it now.

Ta - sour cream? :)

A belter of an image Dave!:clap:
Either way it's perfectly composed....or should that be de-composed....hehe....I'll get me coat!!:coat:

I has a few left when the theme was announced so kept them and hoped :)

Great image for Decay Dave, is this one weeks decay or had you been saving it hoping the subject would come up?!:LOL:

Just one week :) Thanks :)

Was thinking exactly the same when I saw it. That is lovely and decayed though. Bang on Dave. Works perfectly.

Cheers Ian

I have never seen a strawberry in this state decompose. Love the details of the tiny hairy fungi. The patch and dried red skin add some interests too.

Ta muchly :)

Hi Dave

Really nice image you have. lots of gross details, you need to change where you shop.

Did you do any processing to get that DOF or is it a large crop?

Pete

Hi Dave

Really nice image you have. lots of gross details, you need to change where you shop.

Did you do any processing to get that DOF or is it a large crop?

Pete

Thanks Pete. Nothing complicated. Just about a 50% crop from 47mp at F/22 and 150mm - a single shot.

Wow! Two stunningly good shots there Dave.
Crowd is perfect for the theme and I too love the steam. The processing is absolutely spot on too.
Decay is excellent too. Loads of detail and loads of decay :)

Like this Dave, what catches my eye is the last bit of red. Think it draws my eye right in.

Cheers Chris - timed it just right I think :)

Wow! Two stunningly good shots there Dave.
Crowd is perfect for the theme and I too love the steam. The processing is absolutely spot on too.
Decay is excellent too. Loads of detail and loads of decay :)

Week 20 : Free pic : 'Watching the fire'

A work pic from yesterday.

Part of 'The Fire Within' Art and Culture exhibition in The Galleries - Wigan.

Watching the fire by Dave Green, on Flickr

Thanks Mark :)

Ruddy Nora Dave!
What an amazing image!:clap:
As has been said, the silhouettes are perfect, and the framing and DoF are terrific too!
I can, however, feel my OCD kicking in....gonna have to count the hairs on their heads....why oh why did you have to make the image so sharp!!:giggle:
(Just kidding, it's fantastic!)

Back