weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

That's a good shot, bang on theme, also a good image for getting the plastic waste message across.

That's a good shot, bang on theme, also a good image for getting the plastic waste message across.

Cheers Mark :)

Hi Dave,
Cliché or not, that's a very nice shot for interior. Great symmetry.
Another good shot for Plastic. I like the angle and square crop too. It all works really well. Kudos to the original artist too - that must have taken a while to construct!!

Another great bit of recycling art. Well taken.

Thanks Clive :)

Hi Dave,
Cliché or not, that's a very nice shot for interior. Great symmetry.
Another good shot for Plastic. I like the angle and square crop too. It all works really well. Kudos to the original artist too - that must have taken a while to construct!!

Ta muchly :)

Week 34 : Empty

Empty woodland - escaping the Bank Holiday madness!

i-5T46MWZ.jpg

Hi Dave,

Empty - Very moody. Gives the impression of being in the middle of nowhere.
Plastic - How very eco terrorist of you ;) Loving the vibe it gives off.
I must go and have a look at that if it's still there when I'm back at work next week.
Interior - Lovely bit of WA. You'll be getting @Dave70D off shopping for a 16mm next!
Life - Bug Shot - No Comment
Free Week - I'm not really a landscapes person, but it does seem to me to portray a typical lake district day. Feels autumnal, which obviously it isn't.

Empty
Quite how you've found an empty woodland on a bank holiday I don't know. Judging by the light, I would guess it's fairly early in the morning.

Thanks folks :)

Week 35 : Building (and tech)

i-77jBhrc.jpg

Great image of a really interesting building, what a find! Nicely done indeed.

The fact you have 3 bits of colour reduces the colour pop effect and makes it (imo) all the better :)
Wholesale Jewelers????
Would you ever buy jewelery from somewhere like that? (You might fence some...)

That's a great find Dave! Nicely done, and a very appropriate use of the technique!:clap:
It's certainly an interesting shop front.
Quite why they chose to have a neon sign made to advertise the 'English & American Girly Mags' is curious though!:LOL:

Ta :)

As for the mags - the sign has been there for at about 30yrs that I know of :D

Great image of a really interesting building, what a find! Nicely done indeed.

Cheers

Nicely done shot Dave, looks like it could do with some TLC on the sign.

Thanks Dave

The fact you have 3 bits of colour reduces the colour pop effect and makes it (imo) all the better :)
Wholesale Jewelers????
Would you ever buy jewelery from somewhere like that? (You might fence some...)

I agree - much better :)

The condition of that building seems to sum up most of the UK High Streets nowadays. Agree with what Tim said about the 3 different selective colourings and would be a stronger image with just a single colour.

Trying to make out what the blackboard writings are; Free Adult Mag with Every ?????? :giggle:

Ta - its says "with every carrier bag" :D

Here are the other candidates for BUILDING from my Mancunian Mooch on Saturday.

1. Royal Exchange Arcade
i-4BH5WLB.jpg

2. Temporary Accomodation (Extiction Rebellion)
i-tbgbR96.jpg

3. Supported (and tech)
i-mCBZ953.jpg

4. Football
i-XRwRvTT.jpg

Dave, the building shot is fantastic! Has to be one of my favourites for sure. I think the multiple colour pops work and enhance the composition. The whole shot tells the story of the shop front and I think you have givin it the justice it deserves.

Soft (kitty)
It may well be a soft kitty, but it's not looking particular happy in this shot :ROFLMAO:

A shot pussy cat, love it Dave.

Ta Dave :)

Snap, great mind.... :giggle:

Love his/her expression.

Lovely cat what’s not to like

She's a beauty for sure ;)

Nice lighting and composition Dave, a lovely looking cat too.

Thanks - she's my daughter's cat :)

A very neat and tidy image of a very neat and tidy moggy!(y)
Approval rating: all the way up to 11!:giggle:

Cheers Gareth :)

Soft (kitty)
It may well be a soft kitty, but it's not looking particular happy in this shot :ROFLMAO:

My daughter was away for a night so I was roped in to feed Clara the next day. This is her "You're not my Mummy!" face :D

I really like the EMPTY woodland shot, great composition there.
Stunning shop front for BUILDING. I haven't seen "Girlie Mags" since I was a teen!! I mean the words/the expression by the way. Honest!

I really like the EMPTY woodland shot, great composition there.
Stunning shop front for BUILDING. I haven't seen "Girlie Mags" since I was a teen!! I mean the words/the expression by the way. Honest!

Yeah yeah yeah - and thanks :D

The kitty is nicely shot, as above, it doesn't look particularly happy! That expression reminds me of my old Bengal cat.

Soft is really nice, lovely composition and a great expression on the cat.

Week 37 : Old (and tech)

Gathering dust in an antiques shop today.

i-v4Pjfp4.jpg

Week 37 : Old (and tech)

Gathering dust in an antiques shop today.

i-v4Pjfp4.jpg
Great shot, well on theme, and good use of the technique. :)

Back