weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Old
Really good job. Good focus on the needle and I like the light.

Can almost hear the crackling from here, great subject for old

Thanks Allan

• Old - Pin sharp, that is really lovely.
  • Soft - There is something in those eyes that says evil killer rather than soft, great cat shot :)

Cheers - soft evil killer perhaps ;)

Old
Really good job. Good focus on the needle and I like the light.

Crack(l)ing shot Dave!
Perfect light on the needle, and spot on rule-of-thirds-ness!(y)

Ta muchly Gareth :)

Very good, great idea

old: lovely close up shot, really captures the theme well. Great use of DoF and really nicely composed/exposed.

Week 38 - Flowers (tech)

Bit of a hard time with family stuff at the moment - just moved Dad (with Dementia) into a care home. Not an easy time. So here's a shot of my Mum's placky flowers in the window of her retirement appartment in Lancaster. Quite happy with this for an iPhone shot!

i-fL6TFCj.jpg

Sorry to hear that Dave, not something that ever comes easy, but often for the best.
There is a real aged feel to those flowers, you wouldn't know they were plastic.
Nicely done and nicely composed for the technique.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time Dave.
Great shot, and an iPhone shot too...these new fangled iPhones that they have now are not too shabby at all.
Very nicely framed and I love the shadows.

Sorry to hear that Dave, not something that ever comes easy, but often for the best.
There is a real aged feel to those flowers, you wouldn't know they were plastic.
Nicely done and nicely composed for the technique.

Thanks chaps

love the use of the window light and the muted colours

Hope things get better for you its not an easy thing to go through

love the use of the window light and the muted colours

Hope things get better for you its not an easy thing to go through

Thanks Allan

Sorry to hear about that Dave as going through the same with my Mum. Really like your flower shot and the shadow it`s casting too.

Thanks Dave

My sympathies too Dave. For the old 'un's and yourself.

Nice shot, I love the colours in the vase and flowers.

My sympathies too Dave. For the old 'un's and yourself.

Nice shot, I love the colours in the vase and flowers.

Cheers Lindsay

Week 39 : Dull

"Flat lighting" - geddit?

i-NgFmxxR.jpg

Right on target.

I thought I had already commented but my mistake. I like your take on the theme Dave, dull flat lighting, and as Lindsay said bang on too.

Thanks Dave - it was also the lights on in the flats that drew my eye :)

Looking a bit more interesting this evening!

i-mdWgv44.jpg

Great sky! Sun shining on the building with black clouds as the backdrop

Week 40 : Snappers Choice

Old ruined shelter just up the road from Ribblehead this afternoon.
Nikon D850 : 24-70mm F2.8 : 10-stop ND, and getting to grips with my new Three-legged Thing!

The old shelter by Dave Green, on Flickr

That looks good, nicely smoothed water and a dark moody sky

Week 40 : Snappers Choice

Old ruined shelter just up the road from Ribblehead this afternoon.
Nikon D850 : 24-70mm F2.8 : 10-stop ND, and getting to grips with my new Three-legged Thing!

The old shelter by Dave Green, on Flickr
Very nice shot there. Beautiful colours, could have been taken on a Fuji :D

Dave...
  • Dull - Groan !!!! Yes,, very good, worthy of @Cobra. And the flats also fit with the theme too. the second shot with that light is more interesting isn't it :)
  • Free Week - Blimey, there can't have been much in the way of wind with the way the grass is still sharp even though you're using a 10 stopper. Very nicely taken image.

Dull
Very good.

Snappers choice
I like that. A moody sky, a derelict building and a leading line.

That looks good, nicely smoothed water and a dark moody sky

Cheers :)

What a beautifully taken image for the free week Dave, great colours and spot on composition really do like it.

Thanks Dave

Very nice shot there. Beautiful colours, could have been taken on a Fuji :D

Ta Rick :)

Dave...
  • Dull - Groan !!!! Yes,, very good, worthy of @Cobra. And the flats also fit with the theme too. the second shot with that light is more interesting isn't it :)
  • Free Week - Blimey, there can't have been much in the way of wind with the way the grass is still sharp even though you're using a 10 stopper. Very nicely taken image.

Thanks - yeah flat shot is is way better. Different day different light - but not as dull?

Dull
Very good.

Snappers choice
I like that. A moody sky, a derelict building and a leading line.

Ta muchly :)

That's a fabulous image. Love the mirror-smooth water and the cloud movement. It looks like a very quiet and tranquil scene.

Thanks - it was tranquil at times other than when traffic whizzed past just to the right :)

Last edited:
I really like that one for snappers choice, very well captured

Back