weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Near
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I think that's a great shot for near.

Song
I like all of the differing textures.

Borrowed
Nice portrait.

That's a nice picture, especially with the steam creating the atmosphere, and a good idea for the theme.
Hi Dave,
You've posted some fab shots sine my last visit (which has been too long - apologies).
Empty - beautiful dappled light. Very nice.
Building - I like this. Nice old frontage with great signs. I love the Customers Wanted one :)
Soft - Nice portrait.
Old - Cracking shot. I love the reflection of the needle. Well seen.
Dull - Works on every level. Great play on words made me smile.
Free - Beautiful image Dave. Perfect exposure for me.
Near - Nicely framed. Thanks for posting the closer version too. So sorry to hear of your loss.
Near - Very good shot for the theme and great PoV.
Borrowed - Lovely portrait. The hat at a jaunty angle works well as does the steam.
Near
Sorry to hear about your loss.
I think that's a great shot for near.

Song
I like all of the differing textures.

Borrowed
Nice portrait.
Yes, it's a great portrait, the steam looks cool. I like this shot.
Great portrait of the lovely Mrs -Oy-.(y)
Lovely happy image...and the hat really works!!

Thanks all for the kind words - it means a lot especially at the moment.

Week 44 : Spooky Selfie :D

i-8qmB5SR.jpg

That's certainly spooky, and pretty scary! Really good mono treatment and a great idea

That certainly jumps out Dave! Great b+w conversion and the red stands out so well. Nice one!
Ruddy Nora!!:eek:
That's extreme!
Reminds me of your 'closed' image from week 29...but altogether more terrifying!!
Great image Dave, now I really do need clean underwear!!:ROFLMAO:
Bloody hell should have come with some kind of warning :wideyed:
That's certainly spooky, and pretty scary! Really good mono treatment and a great idea
Very cool and spooky shot Dave, love it.

Thanks folks - apologies for the shock :D

Spooky
Oh my eyes.
Good black and white and in this instance I like the red colour pop thingy.

Very good effort - should have the NSFW warning!

Week 45 : Short

Short Holy tree at Crummock Water in the Lake District yesterday afternoon waiting for a sunset that didn't deliver.

i-gjw2SNN.jpg

Lovely image, definitley short! Great use of DoF and nicely composed.

Spooky and short are both great, short is a great spot. :)

Spooky definitely is.
Short, that holly is nice and sharp...is it growing inside a fence post?

Thanks - yes it is :)

:oops: :$ That's scary for Spooky and hope I don't get nightmare tonight. :)

A nice tree for Short. Good focus and sharp with a prefect blurry background. I like the out-of-focus barbed wire running across the shot and it adds context too. :clap:

Thanks Stan - I wasn't sure about the wire at first but left it in for that reason :)

Short - that's a good take on the theme and a nice crisp picture.

Short is nicely captured and a fortuitous find, good one

Week 46 : Environment

Working Environment. I spent a few hours around midnight on Saturday night out with the St John's Ambulance volunteers in the town centre helping create a safe environment for folk to have a good time. All part of Operation Safe Haven.

i-Xc2s2h7.jpg

That's an excellent capture, Dave. A very typical scene in any major city centres in the UK on a Saturday night. I like the composition with the helper in sharp focus on one side and the out of focus revelers placed on the other. Also, the bright green jacket contrast against the dull dark background.

:clap:

Nice one, great use of the available light and bokeh, a nice 'candid' street style image (and, IMHO, is better for being in colour).

That's an excellent capture, Dave. A very typical scene in any major city centres in the UK on a Saturday night. I like the composition with the helper in sharp focus on one side and the out of focus revelers placed on the other. Also, the bright green jacket contrast against the dull dark background.

:clap:

Thanks Stan :)

Nice one, great use of the available light and bokeh, a nice 'candid' street style image (and, IMHO, is better for being in colour).

Thanks Jim - light was every low! ISO4000 here at F2.8!

Excellent documentary shot

Cheers Allan :)

A great picture & idea, plus an excellent cause. It looks perfect with the St Johns man in sharp focus & the girls oof.

Back