weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Really nice image, great silhouette, just enough detail in there. Really well done.

Ruddy Nora Dave!
What an amazing image!:clap:
As has been said, the silhouettes are perfect, and the framing and DoF are terrific too!
I can, however, feel my OCD kicking in....gonna have to count the hairs on their heads....why oh why did you have to make the image so sharp!!:giggle:
(Just kidding, it's fantastic!)

Thanks Gareth. FWIW - girl on the left has 113 more visible hairs :D

Really nice image, great silhouette, just enough detail in there. Really well done.

Cheers :D

That's perfect for free Dave. Very nicely done indeed and the fire colour against the silhouettes are spot on!

Hi Dave lots of lovely action in your Crowd shot, all that steam floating around really adds to the atmosphere of the photo.
Decay ....I tried my best to get a strawberry to go mouldy, hubby accidentally threw the first one away, and the second refused to grow anything interesting! Yours has fared much better, and certainly no longer looks deliciously appetising.
I love your choice for the free week ...its so eye catching, the silhouettes stand out perfectly against the bright background.

That's perfect for free Dave. Very nicely done indeed and the fire colour against the silhouettes are spot on!

Thanks Ian :)

Hi Dave lots of lovely action in your Crowd shot, all that steam floating around really adds to the atmosphere of the photo.
Decay ....I tried my best to get a strawberry to go mouldy, hubby accidentally threw the first one away, and the second refused to grow anything interesting! Yours has fared much better, and certainly no longer looks deliciously appetising.
I love your choice for the free week ...its so eye catching, the silhouettes stand out perfectly against the bright background.

Cheers for those Susie :)

Hi Dave

Nice shot, exposure is spot on with just enought detail in the girls to balance the brightness of the fire. All nice and sharp too.

Pete

Hi Dave

Nice shot, exposure is spot on with just enought detail in the girls to balance the brightness of the fire. All nice and sharp too.

Pete

Cheers Pete :)

Excellent capture, really good definition in the silhouettes, and the colour contrast of the background is spot on.

Excellent capture, really good definition in the silhouettes, and the colour contrast of the background is spot on.

Ta very much Grant :)

Interesting image Dave. He was indeed very happy. I like the contrast in colours between subject and train carriage

Interesting image Dave. He was indeed very happy. I like the contrast in colours between subject and train carriage

Thanks Ian - that's why I didn't follow my initial though of a mono conversion.

Free Pic. Great silhouette, sharp. Wish I could do one that good.

Whole. Brilliant emotion captured. Good colours

Great shots for Whole and Fragile Dave, particuarly like the processing on Fragile, nice one!

Brilliant shot for Whole Dave. Such a great expression and you've caught it perfectly.
Another cracker for Fragile too. Really nice mono conversion. Lots of lovely texture in the building and sky.

Great shots for Whole and Fragile Dave, particuarly like the processing on Fragile, nice one!

Cheers :)

Loving the whole image Dave, great shot. Fragile is a cracking shot and great editing too.

Thanks Dave :)

Brilliant shot for Whole Dave. Such a great expression and you've caught it perfectly.
Another cracker for Fragile too. Really nice mono conversion. Lots of lovely texture in the building and sky.

Thanks Lee

They’ve just got a grant to make this safe and water tight with a view to restoration at a later date. I’ll be doing the progress photos as it goes forward. :)

Nice old chapel, pity its in this state, good B+W excellent tones

Fragile
It took me a little while to work it out, but i got there. The black and white looks good. I would have liked to see a little more space around the building.

Nice old chapel, pity its in this state, good B+W excellent tones

Thanks Allan :)

Amazing mono processing, fantastic mood in the sky....smashing!:clap:
I'm no builder, but that roof does indeed look pretty fragile.
Looking forward to seeing your update images on the restoration.(y)

ta Gareth :)

Fragile
It took me a little while to work it out, but i got there. The black and white looks good. I would have liked to see a little more space around the building.

Cheers - maybe I can showhorn a wider progress pic in for you :)

Dave, the fragile chapel is really well taken, the moody sky, b&w tones and contrast. All in all a cracking shot on the theme !

Dave, the fragile chapel is really well taken, the moody sky, b&w tones and contrast. All in all a cracking shot on the theme !

Thanks Chris :)

Week 23 : Squashed

Standing room only at Manchester Oxford Road today.

i-6Q6z7DZ.jpg

Like it! I particularly like the way the passengers look a bit startled, and especially the person peeping over the top at the back. Really well handled image.

Terrific image Dave!:clap:
Your mono treatments really are superb, and this is no exception - excellent processing!
I love the story here too - as others have said, the expressions are great, and the eye contact really draws you into the frame....in fact it's the lady's lack (avoidance?) of eye contact that speaks the loudest to me....fantastic work!

Hi Dave,

Above - Street or staged? Either way, nicely captured and works well fr the theme.
Hot - Distant? Seems pretty sharp for something quite that small if at a distance :) Quite a range of light caught there too.
Light - Great capture. Catching the rare areas of light on what seems to be a stormy day in just the right places really, as they focus you on the hilltop.
Crowd(ed) - I agree with Allan, the dark punchy processing really suits this shot. Plenty of steam heat escaping to add atmosphere.
Decay - That strawberry is a little past it's best before date then... Nice sharp close-up/macro.
Free Week - Ooh, great artistic silhouette. That really is quite splendid. Do the ladies in the shot like it too?
Whole - You can't beat a bit of 1950's BR MK1 for 1940's shots can you ;) Great fun portrait that.
Fragile - B&W suits it. Looking at how full the graveyard is, I guess that they aren't getting much money from burials so can't afford the upkeep. Shame really.
Squash(ed) - That's not squashed. You should come down to the Waterloo and City in the rush hours. Those 4 have acres of space! Looks like they caught you taking the shot. A nice fun bit of street.

Like it! I particularly like the way the passengers look a bit startled, and especially the person peeping over the top at the back. Really well handled image.

Cheers - bit of a grab shot just before the doors closed :)

Terrific image Dave!:clap:
Your mono treatments really are superb, and this is no exception - excellent processing!
I love the story here too - as others have said, the expressions are great, and the eye contact really draws you into the frame....in fact it's the lady's lack (avoidance?) of eye contact that speaks the loudest to me....fantastic work!

Thanks Gareth :)

Great image for squashed Dave, love the look on their faces too.

Ta Dave :)

Hi Dave,

Above - Street or staged? Either way, nicely captured and works well fr the theme.
Hot - Distant? Seems pretty sharp for something quite that small if at a distance :) Quite a range of light caught there too.
Light - Great capture. Catching the rare areas of light on what seems to be a stormy day in just the right places really, as they focus you on the hilltop.
Crowd(ed) - I agree with Allan, the dark punchy processing really suits this shot. Plenty of steam heat escaping to add atmosphere.
Decay - That strawberry is a little past it's best before date then... Nice sharp close-up/macro.
Free Week - Ooh, great artistic silhouette. That really is quite splendid. Do the ladies in the shot like it too?
Whole - You can't beat a bit of 1950's BR MK1 for 1940's shots can you ;) Great fun portrait that.
Fragile - B&W suits it. Looking at how full the graveyard is, I guess that they aren't getting much money from burials so can't afford the upkeep. Shame really.
Squash(ed) - That's not squashed. You should come down to the Waterloo and City in the rush hours. Those 4 have acres of space! Looks like they caught you taking the shot. A nice fun bit of street.

Blimey! Thanks for those :) Above was street/candid, as was Free Week ;)

Dave the expressions are priceless, make you wonder what’s going through their minds. A mad fella taking photos of a commuter train! Superb street photography!

Dave the expressions are priceless, make you wonder what’s going through their minds. A mad fella taking photos of a commuter train! Superb street photography!

Cheers Chris :D

Last edited:
That’s a bizarre shot it’s excellent don’t know why I find it so funny though

Back