weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Clean
I know the feeling, but for me it's horses that clean me out.
Your photo has a symmetry to it and looks good in black and white.

Ta muchly :)

Good take on the theme and well executed. Very creative and original too. Nice job

Thanks Carl.

Great idea and perfect for the theme, as others have said so very appropriate for the time of year!
Nice B&W tones - good and punchy contrast - and the background is pretty cool too.
Nicely done Dave!(y)

Cheers :)

Ha ha. Good thinking on that one. Very well done and works in black and white

That’s for stealing my thoughts from inside my head,. Nice capture, the mono gives the picture a little more definition.

Two really good takes on the themes I think we all know that clean feeling at this time of the year

Hi mate.

New - Really like this one. nice photos in the shot, with lots of colour in contrast to the Dark camera.

Clean - Good take on the theme though I find the background a bit distracting. Perhaps something more plain would work,

good take on the theme, I agree it works well in B/W

Spot on for the theme, Dave - your image tells the story with no explanation needed :) The symmetry is ideal for this one and B&W reduces any distraction from the background.
Clever take on the theme Dave. Good Crop, but the turned up seam of the tea shirt is showing. Plenty of detail in your empty pockets.

Pete
Great idea for the theme, very original and well executed.
That’s for stealing my thoughts from inside my head,. Nice capture, the mono gives the picture a little more definition.
Two really good takes on the themes I think we all know that clean feeling at this time of the year
Hi mate.

New - Really like this one. nice photos in the shot, with lots of colour in contrast to the Dark camera.

Clean - Good take on the theme though I find the background a bit distracting. Perhaps something more plain would work,
good take on the theme, I agree it works well in B/W

Thanks all for the comments - we've been paid early so I'm flush for the weekend before all the Demon Debits go out on Monday haha!

Week 3 : OPEN

Alighting through the open door. Friday night rush to get home!

i-dHs5C4h.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done there. It's open, it has plenty of interest and colour too

You've beaten me to the first train shot of 2019 @-Oy- Grrr...
This is, of course, on-theme. Mine most certainly won't be ;)

Well composed, you've captured the group climbing on well whereas it could so easily have not worked if someone had been too close, or walking into the frame. Good Job!

Super image Dave!
Perfectly exposed, and well balanced!
Great story, great composition, very nicely done.(y)
(Hope you got a seat!!):D

Ta - no seat - I was there to tog a freight train :)

Yes, a great shot with a story. Perfect.

Cheers :)

I love it. Very nice composition and exposure. Good shot!

Thanks

Nicely done there. It's open, it has plenty of interest and colour too

Ta muchly

You've beaten me to the first train shot of 2019 @-Oy- Grrr...
This is, of course, on-theme. Mine most certainly won't be ;)

Well composed, you've captured the group climbing on well whereas it could so easily have not worked if someone had been too close, or walking into the frame. Good Job!

Thanks - I suspect you'll prefer the one I got today though :)

Nicely done indeed (y)

Cheers Allan

Well spotted and with good timing too. The wet platform and the reflections on the door add that extra wow factor.

Thanks - tricky after dark but I'm happy with it.

Ok so here's another train for this week's theme - taken today :)

Newly restored BR Standard 4 80097 OPENS the drain cocks to clear the cylinders before leaving Bury on it's first passenger hauled service since the mid 1960s.

80097 at Bury Bolton Street by Dave Green, on Flickr

very nice picture I like how it shows the reality of the world today as they board without looking whilst on the phones.

Nice image - I had a similar idea in mind, albeit on the tube, but didn’t get chance to execute on it.

I like the colours and the composition here, and the fact the passengers are eager to get on as soon as those doors open!

very nice picture I like how it shows the reality of the world today as they board without looking whilst on the phones.

Thanks - yep - sign of the times :)

Both of those are excellent Dave, love the sharp focus on the first one, perfect choice in the black and white for the second, I assume its steam not smoke, but whatever it is it looks brilliant.

Cheers. Steam is colourless - it's actually water vapour at this point.

The timing is spot on Dave, well captured

Thanks a lot :)

Open
I'm drawn to your first pic, it has a story.

Thank you :)

Nice image - I had a similar idea in mind, albeit on the tube, but didn’t get chance to execute on it.

I like the colours and the composition here, and the fact the passengers are eager to get on as soon as those doors open!

Ta - it's a bit of a rush at times!

Open is a good image getting the commuters all rushing to get on, maybe a crop from the top to get rid of the cables.

Thanks Dave. I'm a train geek so I like the cables :)

Week 4 : Distant

LMS Jubilee Class "Leander" crosses Ribblehead Viaduct in the windy gloom this morning on the Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express.

i-7DBh6g7.jpg

Terrific image Dave!
Great details and you got a decent sky too.
I've visited Ribblehead viaduct a few years back....it's spectacular, and you've certainly captured the majesty perfectly.
The steam clouds contrast very well with the sky too.
Brilliant!(y)

Thanks @GarethB :)

Worth the wind and rain for :)

New - lovely composition, camera subject just a little too dark and doesn’t stand out for me, gets a little lost in the image.
Clean -already commented
Open 1 - really love the tones and composition in this.
Distant - you have captured a great moody sky, Bridge is a tiny bit too dark.

Excellent shot Dave. I love the trail of steam along the route of the train to lead through the image

It’s an impressive piece of engineering well captured, went there a couple of years ago never saw a train but then we did pass by accident as it were

Back