weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Open works very well for the theme
Distant is a great shot, I love how the train is hardly visible until you follow the smoke.
Cold is a great take on the theme, but maybe it should have been lager to really say Cold? ;)

Open works very well for the theme
Distant is a great shot, I love how the train is hardly visible until you follow the smoke.
Cold is a great take on the theme, but maybe it should have been lager to really say Cold? ;)

Thanks for the comments. As for lager - this was a keg craft beer - just as cold as a keg lager :)

Week 6 : Waiting

Tired of Waiting - Liverpool Lime Street Station

i-9jNS3JR.jpg

Last edited:
Cool shot for waiting Dave, goes well in mono and good to catch the bloke mid yawn.

Cheers :)

That works well in black and white Dave, good timing to get the person mid yawn, perhaps more space on the right as he is looking that way? Either way it's a good shot.

Ta. I like it with him looking out of the frame as it emphasises his ennui and detachment from the scene I think.

I agree the yawning man is perfect where he is it has quite a claustrophobic feel to it because of the architecture, excellent photo :clap:

I agree the yawning man is perfect where he is it has quite a claustrophobic feel to it because of the architecture, excellent photo :clap:

Thanks Allan :)

Excellent candid image!
It's making me want to yawn too....so you knows it's a genuine moment! Yawns are contagious!!:giggle:
Brilliant composition and processing, and those steps work really well.
It's a perfectly captured moment Dave, truly nice work!(y)

Great timing to get the shot when the subject is waiting and looks very bored. Well composed too and I really like all the opposing vertical and horizontal straight lines throughout the image.

emphasises his ennui

That's a new word to me! My aim for today is to use that bad boy in a conversation at work :LOL:

Thanks Carl :)

Very well captured Dave. And to get the guy yawning too, really adds to your 'waiting' and his boredom of waiting

Excellent candid image!
It's making me want to yawn too....so you knows it's a genuine moment! Yawns are contagious!!:giggle:
Brilliant composition and processing, and those steps work really well.
It's a perfectly captured moment Dave, truly nice work!(y)

Thanks Gareth - I yawn every time I look st it lol.

Very well captured Dave. And to get the guy yawning too, really adds to your 'waiting' and his boredom of waiting

Cheers Ian :)

Perfect. The half-yawn and the solitude. Missed his train or waiting for someone to arrive - countless stories...

Thanks Bob :)

Greta shot Dave, timed to perfection!!

I really like candid street style images and this one is up there. Great timing to capture the yawn. well balanced exposure too.

Image well suited to black and white. Looks like he might have been waiting for someone as he was looking to his left as if he was looking for someone..... or something caught his attention. Definitely gets you thinking.

Great image, really suits mono! I like that he's mid yawn and the background architecture of the train station has a lot of detail

Waiting
Good composition, I was going to say great, but i think it could go with a bit more space on the right.

Very nice shot. I love the architecture behind the bloke. But these steps look huge!

Week 7 : Rough (And mono tech)

Taking the Rough with the Smooth at Aysgarth Falls today.

1/1250" and 5"

i-nzJT3pR.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting is a cracking shot, Dave. I love the way he's looking out of the frame and yawning - it suits this theme so well. The lines of the wall and the steps fill the other parts of the frame, and B&W makes sure there are no distractions from the main subject.
That's a good idea for 'rough' with the contrasting textures of the water and the light water against the dark rocks, and again B&W works well (y)

Spectacular!
I've (unsuccessfully) used long exposures to photograph this very stretch of water....looking back mine would have been better as mono.
Yours is tremendous....love the detail in the first, perfectly compliments the smoothness in the second.
Great work Dave!(y)

(I have just submitted my version of "take the rough with the smooth" also....it's not as good as this though)

Waiting is a cracking shot, Dave. I love the way he's looking out of the frame and yawning - it suits this theme so well. The lines of the wall and the steps fill the other parts of the frame, and B&W makes sure there are no distractions from the main subject.
That's a good idea for 'rough' with the contrasting textures of the water and the light water against the dark rocks, and again B&W works well (y)

Ta - much appreciated

Spectacular!
I've (unsuccessfully) used long exposures to photograph this very stretch of water....looking back mine would have been better as mono.
Yours is tremendous....love the detail in the first, perfectly compliments the smoothness in the second.
Great work Dave!(y)

(I have just submitted my version of "take the rough with the smooth" also....it's not as good as this though)

Cheers Gareth (y)

Both work together very well Dave for rough, they go great in mono and love the rough one.

Thanks Dave. My prefered exposure would be somewhere between the two :)

Works very well nice use of Long exposure (y)

Cheers Allan :)

Possibly my favourite image for this theme. Love the comparison. Looks like you were lucky with the light levels as well. I can see this in a photoframe on a wall.

Ace shot, like the two together to show the difference in shutter speed too. Well done Mono always works for me :)

Possibly my favourite image for this theme. Love the comparison. Looks like you were lucky with the light levels as well. I can see this in a photoframe on a wall.

Thanks a lot - the light was difficult but manageable :)

Ace shot, like the two together to show the difference in shutter speed too. Well done Mono always works for me :)

Cheers :)

Great idea for rough along with smooth. I imagine you used ND filters?

Thanks - yes - B+W 10-Stop ND for the 5 seconds one.

Hi Dave good to see you back.

New - Great take for the theme nicely composed (although I'd have been tempted to try and cover the whole of the table with prints) nice and colorful great catch light in the lens and view finder too.

Clean - Very clever take on the theme, nicely composed the Mono conversion work very well

Open - Great spot for the theme nicely caught I like the fact you can not really see any of the passengers faces properly. I love the second image for Open too great atmosphere love the B&W conversion.

Distant - What a cracking image not a lot else I can add apart form I could see that hanging on a wall.

Cold - Great idea for theme I like the DoF you've used just enough detail in the background without it being to obtrusive

Waiting - Prefect timing there works very well for the theme, love the B&W conversion.

Rough - One of my ideas for the theme (is I had anywhere I could have gone locally to achieve it!) both work really well and the B&W really brings out the detail. I think the shorter exposure just edges it for me.

Both are great images Dave. Rough is bang on for the theme with the water splashing everywhere. I think I prefer the smooth but I am a fan of long exposures and sea/waterscapes. Both look great in mono.

Back