Paignton Zoo - Orangs

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Sun was obviously very harsh but you did well and I like #1 and the last two most :)

A mate of mine has spent many hours watching and shooting the Orangs and especially the mums and babies there - I lack the patience that he has! Once we're back from holiday, we'll be going down but we don't visit it during school holidays for some reason (well, lots of reasons, mostly aged between 4 and 18!!!)

Well captured despite the harsh light, Fi.

Real sweet, detailed captures. Hoping to get back down there myself when there's a couple of days decent weather forecaste.

Thanks all - I really like Paignton, for a photography as well as a day out. We were just a few weeks too early for the tiger cub / lion cubs but the orangs and gorillas more than made up for it. I wish it were a bit closer tbh as it would be one of my favourite zoos generally.

Thanks all - I really like Paignton, for a photography as well as a day out. We were just a few weeks too early for the tiger cub / lion cubs but the orangs and gorillas more than made up for it. I wish it were a bit closer tbh as it would be one of my favourite zoos generally.

We have long term plans to retire down there..... :)

You'll have Dartmoor Zoological Park fairly close as well. Over-moat shooting of their Jaguar and Tiger. Looking forward to getting back there too - haven't seen the naughty Lynx yet!

#1 is my pick but all the kids are irresistible!

(y)

You'll have Dartmoor Zoological Park fairly close as well. Over-moat shooting of their Jaguar and Tiger. Looking forward to getting back there too - haven't seen the naughty Lynx yet!

We were actually there the day Flaviu was arriving - but did not see him. Chincha is rather special isn't he...

DSC_0797 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

We were actually there the day Flaviu was arriving - but did not see him. Chincha is rather special isn't he...

DSC_0797 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

So was their last one, Sovereign. He was the one that "escaped" over an idiotic assistant volunteer keeper who was lucky he (Sovereign) wasn't hungry and spotted the open door. Having been able to glimpse the neighbouring Tigers, he decided to pay them a visit, at which point he was in their enclosure so "caught"! The keepers managed to shut the tigers in before all hell broke loose and darted the Jaguar to get him back home.

Chincha (IIRC he's nicknamed Nico for some reason) has a sense of menace as he stalks up and down the side of his enclosure, especially when there's a school group there; it's almost as though he's trying to work out if he could clear the moat and wire! You should see him going at a calf's head when he's having an enrichment feed - gory but great to watch!

Yes - Sovereign was a beautiful cat too wasn't he... and they both have / had character!

Hopefully their newer arrivals are less geriatric than those that Ben Mee took on. Their Lynx certainly seems to be a youngster! Looking forward to seeing him (and maybe his mate [whether that's a breeding mate or just a pal mate!])

Love the Cat but the Orangs are delightful (y)

Back