Pair of Great Crested Grebes

lovely shot roger

Lovely shot!

The ones I visit have been getting frisky and a friend has captured the weed ceremony much to my disgust whilst I was at another location! LOL!

Great shot, really fantastic and a great sight to see this and great colours too.

I like he's hair style!
… and the light, very cool Roger!

Very nice. Would like to see these myself, so need to investigate if there's any in the South Wales area.

Very nice roger they are coming into breeding condition early

They are Kevin ... it seems all of the birds are, I've seen mating/nesting Mallards, Coots, Moorhens, Eiderducks, Greylags, Canada Geese already and the first Mallard egg was found at Slimbridge several weeks ago. It may well be a good year for seeing lots of chicks ... and of course the predators!

I wonder if there are any at the WWT down your way Simon?

I believe they have the odd sightings a WWT Llanelli, but as Clare needs to help me about and we cant take the dog we haven't bothered going. I would prefer to see them in a public lake etc......where it's dog friendly. Perhaps I should join the WWT and go down and see if theres scooters or assistance there I could hire.

I believe they have the odd sightings a WWT Llanelli, but as Clare needs to help me about and we cant take the dog we haven't bothered going. I would prefer to see them in a public lake etc......where it's dog friendly. Perhaps I should join the WWT and go down and see if theres scooters or assistance there I could hire.
Slimbridge definitely has mobility scooters available Simon :)

Back