Pair of Kingfishers

akr

Name
Al
Edit My Images
Yes
Unfortunately I hate to raise my camera with the tripod still attached and dangling off the bottom to get these as the bush in front was too high - I can highly recommend not using this handholding technique! Anyway, some may find the images interesting none the less and don't see 2 together very often (well I don't!).

20190908_135745 by alligator1975, on Flickr

OI000243 by alligator1975, on Flickr

OI000241 by alligator1975, on Flickr

Thanks @pelliott1954 and @JohnC6 - I hope to go back and see them again. These are in London, so no hides, probably slightly less scared of people, more likely to have people make them flyoff!

Interesting use of poles possibly - I'd have thought they'd be too shaky but I guess not!

You did well, nice shots.

A couple of days ago a friend sent me a photo of a steam loco train taken from ‘above’ . However, he knows the location ..a field..and there’s no elevated spot so we concluded the DSLR was on the end of a 6-8m pole activated by wireless signal on an phone App.

https://www.compositepoles.co.uk/categories/poles-for-aerial-photography/2
I got a friend who does a lot of train photography, apparently poles are quite common these days - my friend hasn’t got one yet as they are hideously expensive!

Thanks @pelliott1954 and @JohnC6 - I hope to go back and see them again. These are in London, so no hides, probably slightly less scared of people, more likely to have people make them flyoff!

Interesting use of poles possibly - I'd have thought they'd be too shaky but I guess not!

Re the pole, I agree. I also think it could be shaky. Anyway, I can't see it working for a subject that has such fine detail as bird feathers,there's got to be a bit of sway, surely. I can't even hold a monopod still..lol.

I got a friend who does a lot of train photography, apparently poles are quite common these days - my friend hasn’t got one yet as they are hideously expensive!

Yes, that's true. After my friend sent me the link I did some Googling and was taken aback at the cost of them.Makes the photo very expensive.

I get to steam locos when I can..Duchess of Sutherland again on Sunday, near Bristol. I enjoy looking at steam loco photos. If you don't have any objections could you post your friend's website or Flickr or use Pm. ? No probs if you'd rather not,though.

Back