Palladian Bridge at Stowe in autumn

Very nice - the shadows make the shots!

Your PP has created some pretty bad halos, especially in the 2nd image, around the inside edge of the arch and the treeline.
The stonework in the first 2 doesn't look "normal". With the sun shining from the outside, the stonework has been brightened far too much IMO, and it's that process that creates the halo.

Your PP has created some pretty bad halos, especially in the 2nd image, around the inside edge of the arch and the treeline.
The stonework in the first 2 doesn't look "normal". With the sun shining from the outside, the stonework has been brightened far too much IMO, and it's that process that creates the halo.
Yes - I agree.
That's always the problem with creating an HDR from a single image, you've got to push things a bit too far, which creates the artifacts.
There's really too much contrast range in the first two to get a "nice" image - although I don't particularly like HDR anyway, I thought I'd give it a try on these
The processing was done in a bit of a rush and I think it could be improved given a bit more time.
The first two were just "snaps" and if I'd been serious I'd have set up the tripod and taken a bracketed sequence.

Thanks for your comments.

Back