Panic buying !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
shoppers 1.JPG

Doing my weekly shop this morning, and a queue had already formed outside the shop, with many more waiting in their cars. As soon as the doors opened for business, it was utter chaos with people grabbing at the toilet rolls.

Last edited:
shoppers 2.JPG

People are filling their trolleys with various items. The lady on the right has gone for pilling her trolley with water, while the chap in the background has gone for both toilet rolls and kitchen rolls.

To many people follow social media. I'm still waiting for the country to come to a grinding halt because of all the snow and ice we were getting earlier in the week:thinking:

To be fair the trolleys dont look like panic buying to me?

Last edited:
shoppers 4.JPG

Im surprised how much booze is left on the shelves! I know what I'd be stocking up on to self isolate.

Looks like this lady has your way of thinking. ;)

She did have toilet rolls in her trolley amongst other things. I have to admit, I also had toilet roll in my trolley, this was my normal purchase though.

People were more concerned was there any toilet left, to notice me taking photos of them, while I stood right next to them. :)

My wife gets stupidly cheap deals on Amazon for loo rolls(72) so we are good for a few months yet from before Xmas.

I was down at my local "express" the other day, ( I tend to shop as and when)
And the woman on the tills said that she had 2 cages of toilet rolls delivered an hour ago, and now they are all gone!
WTF!
( the shop is not that busy normally, perhaps they are following the store artics to their destination?)

toilet roll.JPG

I thought I would pop into Aldi for a few things, they don't normally get busy first thing in the morning. I tend to get in about 8am before the masses wake up, and get out to the shops.

Aldi have their toilet roll limited to two rolls per customer.

View attachment 271780

I thought I would pop into Aldi for a few things, they don't normally get busy first thing in the morning. I tend to get in about 8am before the masses wake up, and get out to the shops.

Aldi have their toilet roll limited to two rolls per customer.

shoppers 3.JPG

I think some maybe ignoring this, unless they are kitchen roll in this chaps trolley. :)

Why TP? Its not like it causes uncontrollable pooping. Also, why water? not like the taps will stop flowing.

Also, why water? not like the taps will stop flowing.
Have you not seen these zombie films where the water gets contaminated? :D

7:30am local Tesco Superstore ... most popular sticker "Sorry Temporarily Out of Stock".
In all my time I have never seen such gaping holes in the shelving.

Went to Tesco this morning every shelf pretty much empty, girl in front of me at the till still managed to fill 2 trolleys and spent over £700.

Why TP? Its not like it causes uncontrollable pooping. Also, why water? not like the taps will stop flowing.

Won’t be much craic stuck in the house for a couple of weeks under quarantine with nothing but your odd socks left to wipe your arse.

The water could well be turned off or rationed depending on how bad things get.

Local large Tesco yesterday, pasta shelve. It was the same at the loo roll and canned tomato aisles.pasta.jpg

Last edited:
Home and Bargains are not limiting their toilet paper. Or at least not the Runcorn branch.

Won’t be much craic stuck in the house for a couple of weeks under quarantine with nothing but your odd socks left to wipe your arse.
Just exactly how many toilet rolls can people get through in 2 weeks?
I bought a six pack ( before all this started) about a month ago. I still have 5 left.

Went to Tesco this morning every shelf pretty much empty, girl in front of me at the till still managed to fill 2 trolleys and spent over £700.
Just like Christmas eh?
:D

Local large Tesco yesterday, pasta shelve. It was the same at the loo roll and canned tomato aisles.View attachment 271782

I am doing Roast Chicken tonight, I tend to have rice with my Chicken. But no rice left in the shops I went to. I think I only have a small bit of rice left. Looks like Chicken butties then. :(

I bought a six pack ( before all this started) about a month ago. I still have 5 left.

Depends on your bowel habits. Some people go once a day, while others may go once every other day. While me and the missus can go several times a day, I think a healthy gut or whatever, they reckon several times per day, to avoid toxin build up.

We'd run out of frozen peas - GONE!

The shops I went into this morning, and plenty of frozen food. Just no blooming dried stuff that I wanted, pasta and rice all gone. I was going to get a pack of instant noodles, as a last resort, but all gone. :oops: :$

Last edited:
Shopping this morning took me back to the 70s, when there was a bread and sugar shortage. :confused:

Shopping this morning took me back to the 70s, when there was a bread and sugar shortage. :confused:
At least there should be plenty of petrol / diesel with all these self isolation's ( skiving from work)
Not like the mid 70's and people panic buying fuel :D

At least there should be plenty of petrol / diesel with all these self isolation's ( skiving from work)
Not like the mid 70's and people panic buying fuel :D

I filled the car up just in case they start on the fuel. Plus the petrol pumps were all empty, not like a normal Saturday when there are queues waiting for fuel. They were all in the shops, fighting over the loo rolls. lol

You use one roll a month?

Some may only go once a week, whatever is the norm for you, is the norm. So long as a persons bowel habits have not changed, from their normal routine. So the medical expert told me, when I had to go for the bowel screening thingy.

Some may only go once a week, whatever is the norm for you, is the norm. So long as a persons bowel habits have not changed, from their normal routine. So the medical expert told me, when I had to go for the bowel screening thingy.
That's all fair comment.
but I can't believe all these people have 10 family members that need to go at 10 times a day. :D

It won’t be two weeks though, lots of reports now that people are getting it fully recovering and then getting it again a short time later.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see that 2 weeks being extended to much longer.

Also you must be doing it wrong you are allowed to use more than one sheet at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back