Panic buying !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add that whilst walking through Liverpool city on Monday, where there are a few street stalls selling various things, I saw one packing up who had a sign saying 'Hand Sanitizer £4'. Not sure if that is reasonable or not, :thinking: but he seemed to have a lot left.

Unless he started with a whole lot more. ;)

I thought all the street stalls from the City Centre had gone. They used to be in Church street back in the 80s.

KEEPR'S Gin and it also said that they were making their own alcohol hand gels.
Apparently the licence conditions have been relaxed somewhat to allow Alcohol producers to also make hand gel ...
I never knew such a thing existed TBH ( the licence thingy)
Will this be another "Anti freeze in the wine scandal"? :D )

I've never liked "normal" (cows) milk and drink alternative in coffee and cereal, currently cashew milk is my favourite. Can't find any in stores at the moment, as everyone is panic buying it as it lasts as well as long life. Annoying that all the people who usually trash talk milk alternatives are now keeping me from getting it!

We will probably have to go back to powdered milk, if the milk dries up ( pun intended ). Yuk, Marvel powdered milk.

This online shopping larks is a right bo**ox. Delivery due in a couple of hours and just received an email update to my order with literally half of it not available! Virtually all the fresh meat gone, even the bottle of Grouse!!!

This online shopping larks is a right bo**ox. Delivery due in a couple of hours and just received an email update to my order with literally half of it not available! Virtually all the fresh meat gone, even the bottle of Grouse!!!

Who is it with?

Chicken.JPG

I got two Chickens from Asda, I always get two as it is not worth putting the oven on just to roast one. They had a good few in, probably all gone by now. As I said I always get two, and just portion them up, and put away in the freezer. This is something I have always done, not just because of recent events.

Last edited:
As I said I always get two, and just portion them up, and put away in the freezer. This is something I have always done, not just because of recent events.
Yep I always buy one for jointing, Far cheaper than buying chicken joints for a start off (y)

I thought all the street stalls from the City Centre had gone. They used to be in Church street back in the 80s.
There's a few left, less than half a dozen spread out if you don't count a few more food stalls, and they're not there all the time dependent on the weather. ;)

Just been into Tesco (Metro) to get some milk, same amount as usual. :) Less tins than there were yesterday, and the rice and pasta was pretty much gone. The bottles of wine were starting to thin out too. :thinking: The frozen food cupboards were starting to look a bit bare.

Who is it with?
Asda. Don't usually shop with them, but they offered the quickest delivery date. Have one coming from Tescos on Monday, but I'm guessing half of that will likely be missing too.

Asda. Don't usually shop with them, but they offered the quickest delivery date. Have one coming from Tescos on Monday, but I'm guessing half of that will likely be missing too.

Don't know about Asda but Tesco pick orders from the shop floor so it's likely that orders will have a lot of items missing.

Don't know about Asda but Tesco pick orders from the shop floor so it's likely that orders will have a lot of items missing.
Not much hope then for my Tesco delivery if things keep up as they are. Missus went in today, supposedly for the last time, before we totally self isolate and the place was empty of most necessary provisions. To make matters worse, there was some prat in there coughing their guts up, without even covering their mouth :mad:

Not much hope then for my Tesco delivery if things keep up as they are. Missus went in today, supposedly for the last time, before we totally self isolate and the place was empty of most necessary provisions. To make matters worse, there was some prat in there coughing their guts up, without even covering their mouth :mad:

:rolleyes:

Tesco now reported to be going to limit the number of items in all categories to 2 per customer.

Ah Aldi have got flowers in according to their advert. :tumbleweed:

Tesco now reported to be going to limit the number of items in all categories to 2 per customer.

Yes, I heard that although it's going to be difficult for some. In one of our local facebook groups, a care home manager was refused 4 loaves of bread. It was resolved by the manager after she showed him her card but I can imagine there'll be other situations where this'll come unstuck.

Yes, I heard that although it's going to be difficult for some. In one of our local facebook groups, a care home manager was refused 4 loaves of bread. It was resolved by the manager after she showed him her card but I can imagine there'll be other situations where this'll come unstuck.
Dont go out unless its really necessary unless you have to shop every day.

Just posted this in the other Panic buying thread.

Access temporarily closed to Ocado.com
Like all supermarkets, we are working round the clock to keep up with high demand and make sure all of our customers get what they need at this time – especially those more vulnerable and in isolation.

As a result, we have made a decision to temporarily close access to Ocado.com so you will not be able to edit an existing order or book a new delivery for the next few days.

This temporary closure will allow us to complete essential work that will help to make sure distribution of products and delivery slots is as fair and accessible as possible for all our loyal customers.

We are fully booked for the next four days. If you have a delivery booked for Thursday or Friday, cut-off times for editing these orders have already passed, but your driver will still arrive as expected.

Customers with an existing order booked for delivery from Saturday onwards will be contacted later this week with details of how to edit their orders. We will reopen the website to all customers from Saturday.

We are very sorry to cause any inconvenience. We’re managing a simply staggering amount of traffic to our website right now and more demand for products and deliveries than we can meet. Our first priority has to be to keep our service up and running and to play our part in feeding the nation.

I'd also like to take this chance to thank our amazing drivers and warehouse staff who are working tirelessly to deliver groceries to as many people as possible in these uncertain times. Their dedication and hard work is truly amazing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding at these unprecedented and challenging times.

Melanie Smith
CEO, Ocado Retail

Can we get the panic buying threads merged, or one of them locked with a message??

@Marc @Cobra @dod

I was half thinking that myself. but I specifically put it in this section, so I could add photos. ;)

I also started the thread on Saturday, the other thread was started on Sunday, I think.

Last edited:
I was initially leaving them both open as this was a photo sharing thread but yes, it is getting a little confusing.

@jonbeeza do you have any preference?

Close this one I suppose, or merge with the other one, Sorry for the confusion. :)

PS

I did not intend to cause confusion, as there was not a thread named panic buying when I made the thread. ;)

I was initially leaving them both open as this was a photo sharing thread but yes, it is getting a little confusing.

@jonbeeza do you have any preference?
Some dont access Hot Topis or whatever it's called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back