Panorama. Lulworth Cove

Some of the joins look a bit obvious.
What stitching software did you use?

That's a bit of a bold statement? You are the first to mention that. Where is it obvious? It would be appreciated for you to point out exactly where it shows as My ageing eyes do not see anything obvious or it may be my amateurish approach.
Used PS C 5.5 photo merge.

There appear to be areas where the colour gradation changes.
I could be wrong, and it's just a trick of the light, but to my eyes the obvious transitions appear to be here:

View attachment 43045

To my eyes these transition points don't appear in the sky. They appear as you point out but more to the bottom. But are these just reflections from the Rock and sky?
Also there appears to be no transitions on the right of the pic.
The first marker on the left is showing a difference in the sand this is possible the difference between wet and drier sand.
The second and third markers are over the rock face which in my mind are reflecting a darker area on the sea.
But each is allowed their own interpretation of a pic. So I see little wrong but then I am biased

i think the first line on the left looks like it because of the bright patch on the hillside. It leads the eye down into the sand colour variation, same again with the reflections on the water

Reactions: RVW
Just by way of an example of how shadows/reflections/clouds can seriously influence a 'judgement' of poor stitching. This is from a 9 shot panorama of Logh Erne in N. Ireland. Not a good day but the only opportunity I had. I've included one single frame of the set which illustrates the reflections and therefore NOT a poor stitch!

I really must get down to Dorset - not photographed there for years - good shot BTW

Derrygonnelly Look out point by Barry Cant, on Flickr

BAZ_1396 by Barry Cant, on Flickr

As I said in my previous post, "I could be wrong and it's just a trick of the light" and I'm quite happy to accept that as an explanation.

I think it's a valid thing to point as, as once you notice the reflections, clouds, other light spots, they tend to stand out. I think it's one of those unfortunate things that the middle third (ish) looks a little darker adding to the impression. I still like it

Back